PDA

View Full Version : The Password Recovery On J2O Is Broken

Love & Thunder
Jan 18, 2012, 08:46 AM
I recently got a new computer, so I've been having trouble remembering some of my passwords, and I've forgotten the J2O one. I tried the Password Recovery, but I never recieved the E-Mail. That was about 5 hours ago, and I'm kinda annoyed. Could a Mod/Admin PM me my J2O Password and fix the Password Recovery? I've heard that this happened a few months back too, and I've had the same problem before but for the JCF with my Recovery E-Mail(In September).

Toni_
Jan 18, 2012, 09:17 AM
Yeah, this should be fixed. That's why I registered again.

Love & Thunder
Jan 18, 2012, 01:23 PM
I figured it out, if you enter both your Username AND your E-Mail into the Password Recovery, it -- for some reason -- doesn't send the E-Mail. That is a Bug, and it must be blasted, though, so Stijn, I have a bug to report. :)

Stijn
Jan 21, 2012, 09:28 AM
Works fine for me (also when filling in both fields), are you sure you entered the exactly correct username and email?

Toni_
Jan 21, 2012, 12:21 PM
Can't be sure now, because I tried months ago. But I remember trying a lot of times, and wasted one week on waiting for an e-mail what I never received.

Love & Thunder
Jan 21, 2012, 12:43 PM
I'm sure I entered it 100% correct, but it still only works like an XOR(Only one can be active at one given time, if both are active, it's as if none are active).

Violet CLM
Jan 21, 2012, 01:09 PM
Screenshots might help here, so that what you enter can be compared directly to the database instead of Stijn having to rely on reports alone.

Stijn
Jan 21, 2012, 02:33 PM
I'm sure I entered it 100% correct, but it still only works like an XOR(Only one can be active at one given time, if both are active, it's as if none are active).
It works fine for me if I enter both my username and e-mail.

A screenshot of a filled in form would help, so I could see whether it's a problem with the input or with the form itself.

If there is no error message and the script tells you an e-mail has been sent, maybe the e-mail was blocked by your spam filter or something?

Can't be sure now, because I tried months ago. But I remember trying a lot of times, and wasted one week on waiting for an e-mail what I never received.

If it's really "months ago" chances are the bugs you are talking about have been fixed meanwhile as I rewrote the whole form some time ago.

Love & Thunder
Jan 21, 2012, 02:46 PM
The thing is, it's fine when I only put in one, but when I enter in one, the E-Mail is never sent. Stijn, I'll PM you the stuff I put into the Form.

Stijn
Jan 22, 2012, 03:20 AM
(Update: Apparently this solved itself as Robo4900 is now able to use the form. Do let me know if anyone still has problems)