PDA

View Full Version : trouble with filenames in JJ 2.7

ST1100
Jun 7, 2012, 06:05 AM
Hi All,

recently downloaded the jj2.7 pack available on this site (not permitted to post URLs yet...), providing a large number of some very nicely made levels.

However, every now and then it seized with [Fatal Error] 'Could not find level file or tileset for level #...'
Managed to fix quite a number of them by simply renaming the tileset properly according to the error message, but now I'm totally stuck at #22...

Proper file name would require a symbol like 'pipe' [|] or a dingbat of some kind I'm just unable to recreate on my machine (win7_64pro)...

Anyone ran across similar problems and found a sollution?

I suspect it has something to do with the regional settings on my machine vs what's been used by the level creaters... but isn't unicode for file names and program lines mandatory? ;-)

thanx in advance!

cheers

Jgke
Jun 7, 2012, 11:52 AM
Please post the URL of the pack. I believe it's possible to get around the URL block :)

ST1100
Jun 7, 2012, 12:22 PM
Well, I try...

check it out here (http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads/6916/jazz-jackrabbit-27-by-konrad-and-all-people-of-jazz2online-who-maded-maps-in-this-modzip/) ;-)

let's see if this works...

[edit] yep, it does! :cool:

cheers

cooba
Jun 7, 2012, 12:50 PM
Will take an hour to download so I'll ask: does the zip contain the entire game?

ST1100
Jun 7, 2012, 02:01 PM
Yep...

cooba
Jun 7, 2012, 02:18 PM
I'm afraid I have to take the rapidshare link down from J2O then.

What does JCS say when you open level #22?

ST1100
Jun 8, 2012, 11:50 AM
What does JCS say when you open level #22?

Haven't worked myself into JCS yet... :confused:

WinRar first uncompressed it to [#22-I -Koycio Gotyk.j2l]
Whilst the game program expects [#22-I -Ko|cio³Gotyk.j2l], but with a BOLT '|' symbol in the filename I just cannot recreate...

Methinks that level was build somewhere in eastern Europe, and I might just miss the fonts for the used language...

Possible to edit the lines of the game program with JCS, iin order to give #22 identical names in both folders?