PDA

View Full Version : Access Violation (not jazz2.cfg)

europorsche914
Jun 11, 2012, 05:06 AM
I have recently started playing my old fav game and have installed the 1.23 with jj2+ and continue to get access violations at the same address. I have deleted the jazz2.cfg file many times but the error can reproduced repetitively during online game play (only certain levels do it) and makes it totally unplayable (either when changing levels it crashes or I join a current game and it crashes within the first few seconds). Sometimes I do not get the error message for an hour or so and everything works properly... Help!

europorsche914
Jun 11, 2012, 05:06 AM
http://i49.tinypic.com/a1onk2.png

ColdMetal
Jun 11, 2012, 08:09 PM
If I knew how JJ2 was coded, I could probably solve your issue since I can read Assembly, but the best I can help in this is to suggest a different approach. Have you tried running it under compatability settings (and what operating system are you using?), or first launched it and then ran the Plus utility to switch it to JJ2+ while on the main menu? I wasn't able to get it running properly until I did the latter (Windows 7 here).

europorsche914
Jun 12, 2012, 06:50 AM
Thanks for your reply coldmetal, I am running win7 x64 and have attempted all of the compatibility settings, to no avail. I used the plusifier to create a plus exe for jazz2 so that way it would always launch the plus.exe with it. Still get the error.. :(

ColdMetal
Jun 12, 2012, 10:18 AM
I'm running the same operating system myself, and I kept getting errors when I used the Plusifier-created Jazz2 executible file. While I still get an occasional crash, my problems were generally resolved by running JJ2 normally and then running the Plus utility to change the version while on the main menu.

Jgke
Jun 13, 2012, 01:06 AM
What levels do crash you?