PDA

View Full Version : What are differents of the The Secret Files w/ Christmas Chronicles?

MrAlextov
Jul 23, 2012, 01:29 AM
Hello. What are differents of the The Secret Files w/ Christmas Chronicles?
Also i wish there has plus version for Christmas Chronicles.

Hare
Jul 23, 2012, 10:16 PM
Oh, aren't the holiday editions of JJ2 incompatible with the normal versions for online play? Well I guess Plus would work around that, right?

I haven't tried Christmas Chronicles, though. Only Holiday Hare 98'.

MrAlextov
Jul 24, 2012, 06:10 AM
Oh. At previous days i had find way to join a Xmas 99 server with TSF. So you can play Xmas 99 if you have TSF with Project 4 program. I Do not remember the name.

Slaz
Jul 24, 2012, 01:04 PM
I have Christmas Chronicles and it just looks like a slightly changed TSF to me. The menu screen and logo were altered and the xmas events from HH98 were re-introduced (as I recall). While HH98 was enterely based on the shareware, CC99 looks like a mix of the full version including JCS, but with several multiplayer modes strangely being greyed out in the menu as if it were shareware..

Stijn
Jul 24, 2012, 01:25 PM
There's a thread about this (http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?t=14334)

JouluPam2097
Aug 23, 2012, 11:01 AM
Christmas chronicles and holiday hare 98 are the same thing, no?

Obi1mcd
Aug 23, 2012, 09:33 PM
Not quite. The levels included are essentially the same, but CC is built off The Secret Files, and contains Lori as a playable character.

Violet CLM
Aug 23, 2012, 09:50 PM
There were supposed to be other 'unlockable' levels, but, well... is there such a trope as Publisher Existence Failure?

Treylina
Aug 26, 2012, 07:05 AM
I don't think there should be any bother to try making CC99 plus compatible. It's essentially a butchered version of TSF with some HH98 levels. Less gamemodes, and for some reason the custom splitscreen "treasure" levels aren't even treasure at all and are actually supposed to be played in coop/sp. (wow whoever had tested CC99 before releasing, sucks at testing and should've been fired, though I could say pretty similar about those who tested TSF before release). Although if CC99 had all the features of TSF and some real new stuff with many bugfixes, I would consider it.

Short version: CC99 sucks. =/