PDA

View Full Version : Are you allowed to 'advertise' uploads on JCF?

Lark
Sep 9, 2012, 05:47 PM
I'm only posting this because I feel like a lot of people stopped checking the downloads section anymore these days because so many of the well known JCSers have retired... (edit: I just checked out the downloads section, I see a lot of really awesome newer JCSers I never met back then, I'm real glad to see JCS running strong!!)

Well, I guess by posting this, if you're not allowed, I already broke the rules just by the title. So my bad, sorry if I did... but I uploaded some cool stuff I think is worth checking out on J2O, all stuff I made 8 years ago when I used to be active in the community, and never released... I'm not askin' for like reviews and stuff, just like comments if anyone's played it.

KRSplat
Sep 10, 2012, 06:16 AM
You can post in JCS section anything about JCS. I want to write some reviews, just needed improved time management. I can host your pack sometime.

cooba
Sep 10, 2012, 08:17 AM
<!--You are-->

Sean
Sep 10, 2012, 08:24 AM
cooba is there anything in that post or does it NOT show up empty for everyone else?

Violet CLM
Sep 10, 2012, 10:41 AM
That's what the Quote button is for.

I don't know of any specific policy about advertising, though good taste obviously applies re: frequency. People do make threads for big packs, though, sometimes a few days before release to build up suspense, and the <a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?t=14475">preview thread</a> also gets used for release announcements sometimes.

Stijn
Sep 10, 2012, 02:26 PM
I'm fine with threads for advertising uploads (within reason, obviously).

Lark
Sep 10, 2012, 08:14 PM
thank you thank you.
you know what it is, it's like, you spend all this time creating something. and it's for jj2 (obviously) and not that many people are gonna play it, the number of people who see it will be in the hundreds if you're lucky, not thousands these days.

PT32
Sep 11, 2012, 06:26 AM
Fear not, my friend! I DID download your pack, and I WILL be posting a review once I find some time in my inhumanely busy college/work life to post it.

And no, I haven't retired yet. Just too dang busy to get anything meaningful done with Jazz 2 right now. But SOON...

PT32
Jan 23, 2013, 10:19 AM
...you know what it is, it's like, you spend all this time creating something. and it's for jj2 (obviously) and not that many people are gonna play it, the number of people who see it will be in the hundreds if you're lucky, not thousands these days.

In the spirit of the quoted quote... World of Jazz Part I (http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads/7105/world-of-jazz-part-i-awakening/)

Love it or hate it, at least it's finally done. Now, for Part II...