PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Testers

sonicnathan 1
Oct 1, 2012, 05:16 PM
As some of you may know, I've been working on an Episode pack for the past oh...I dunno....6 years?

I originally didn't want to get beta testers, cause I put so much work into it I didn't want people telling me the levels are bad.

Well it looks like this may be the final thing i upload, unless the new revision of JJ2+ catch my eye. So I'm looking for a few beta testers to help fix bug and gameplay issues.

A little background:
I started working on these when I was like 12 or something. I'm 18 now. My old designs were bad, filled with bugs, impossible to solve puzzles and masking bugs as far as the eyes can see

As I grew up over the years, I learned a lot about level design. Many tilesets and ideas were inspired by The invasion of Deserto, which I held as an idol. My dream was be conspired to but, until reality kicked in and I really learned what it took to make amazing levels.

Over the years I've been slowly workin on this, fixing older bugs from older levels, making new ones, trying to come up with original ideas and here I am now.

Currently the pack is 17 levels long, 7 or so of them being full levels and the rest being boss battles or story levels. I've tired my hardest to fix lots of issues, but i feel the pack still suffers from hard-impossible to solve puzzles, enemy overloads, tilebugs and foreground/masking issues. So I'm looking to help solve this.

What I'm looking for:
I'm looking for a few testers to help solve the problems that levels may have:
-Puzzle issues
-General bugs
-Masking
-Tilebugs
-Overall flow and fun

However I also want people who are constructive. I don't want people who will simply say that there's say tons of masking issues. I want people to explain where, using pictures or in game positions.

I also want people who can help solve issues. Let's say there's a concept that simply isn't fun or doesn't work. Instead of just saying that, I would want ideas on how to make it fun without completely having to re-make the challenge/level.

Basically put, I don't want to have to re-do large portions of levels simply because I'm running out of ideas.

Testers would not only be allowed, but would be encouraged to edit my levels. By doing so, you can help to better convey ideas and to let me see if I like them or not.

So with that, just let me know if you want to help. Just leave your email and once I've finished up a few things, I'll send it out for testing. I expect to be done ironing out a few known issues in a week or 2.

Now here's a few screenshots:

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg528/scaled.php?server=528&filename=ep2screenshot1.png&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg189/scaled.php?server=189&filename=ep2screenshot2.png&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg32/scaled.php?server=32&filename=ep2screenshot3.png&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg152/scaled.php?server=152&filename=ep2screenshot4.png&res=landing

Falcury
Oct 3, 2012, 09:48 AM
I'd be glad to be of help.
I have time until at least the 14th, after that it may get a little trickier.

sonicnathan 1
Oct 3, 2012, 03:36 PM
If I can find a couple more people then i should be able to send it out by next week. Just got the last batch of music picked out

Seren
Oct 4, 2012, 11:26 AM
sir [DOT] ementaler [AT] gmail [DOT] com

sonicnathan 1
Oct 5, 2012, 02:57 AM
Thanks. If one more person steps up I'll send it out on Monday.

sonicnathan 1
Oct 7, 2012, 06:27 PM
I sent out the pack to the two testers yesterday, if you still want to test for me let me know and I'll forward it to you.

I'm so nervous lol

Funky Tim
Oct 10, 2012, 05:16 AM
Sure I'll test. If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll answer with my mail adress. I don't feel like putting it here, I hardly get any spam and it's supposed to stay that way.

sonicnathan 1
Mar 3, 2013, 08:46 PM
I"m gonna revive this thread cause no one ever got back to me on this. At this point even one person would do. With the release of the latest version of jj2+, I feel this will be the last thing I ever make for jj2 as I don't want to learn coding just to keep up.

I've worked on this for almost 8 years, I just want to release it

Jett
Mar 4, 2013, 10:31 AM
Ok, I am wiling to test your episode. Could you message me a download link?

sonicnathan 1
Mar 5, 2013, 01:30 AM
Ok, I am wiling to test your episode. Could you message me a download link?

I'd prefer your email. I have a long letter outlining details and information. If you don't want to post it here send me a pm and I"ll forward you the email.