PDA

View Full Version : Connection errors

Enigma
Dec 16, 2012, 05:23 AM
Hello folks, it's your friendly neighbourhood old person. I've recently tried to dabble in a bit of online JJ2 play again, but keep getting stopped by the infamous "Error connecting to list servers" screen. Since I've been gone for a couple of months since the last successful connection, I've looked through recent newsposts on J2O and jjnet to see if I maybe missed a patch or some news about the List Servers, but this didn't really turn up anything. JJnet is showing several games in progress right now, so I'm assuming that the serverlists are indeed up and that the problem is somewhere on my end, but I haven't really changed any settings that I know of since the last time it actually worked. So, even though I'm sure this is going to make me look like an idiot, my question is: have there been any changes to online play lately that could require me to download a new patch or change a particular setting?

Foly
Dec 16, 2012, 08:21 AM
I haven't been online for a long while and i didn't have any trouble so my guess is no.

Have you changed router/firewall settings perhaphs? Because i have the same firewall but for some reason it blocks jj2 at the moment even if i turned it on the exception list.

djazz
Dec 16, 2012, 09:20 AM
List 1 is offline at the moment, as nonplus JJ2 only use list1 (list.jazzjackrabbit.com). Make sure you have the latest jj2+ version, as it uses list2 aswell as list1.

Edit: I told nimrod to start list1 again, so now nonplussers will be able to play too!

Enigma
Dec 22, 2012, 10:31 AM
Thanks a bunch, that seems to have done the trick, even though I could've sworn I had the latest plus. What's the latest version these days? Because when I download what seems to be it, it's the version I currently have (30/06/2010 version).

Slaz
Dec 22, 2012, 10:57 AM
30/06/2010 is still the latest Plus version. At least for now, as a new version is in the works by several community members as we speak, apparently.. :p