PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Bash 15 Level Making Contest

FireSworD
Feb 12, 2013, 07:10 PM
I decided to run a contest alongside Ragnarok. We are very opinionated, but we consider technical aspects of jj2 level design too. We are looking for levels suitable for anniversary bash 15. There will be a sole winner (The one/team who we think makes the highest "quality" and/or "favorable" level). The winner's level will be #1 in the bash pack to be played first, and other levels of decent quality will be in the bash too (There will be a "best" battle and ctf). Also, winning entries will probably be used in the next JDC opening event, so there is more than one reason to enter this contest!

Rules:

Level(s) must be battle/ctf.
Level(s) needs to be fairly well sized, so that it/they can accommodate for bash servers (Suggestions: 100x60-300x100. Much larger levels around 500x500 are allowed, but you better know what you're doing (Actually, blow us away!). Smaller levels around 50x50 are not appreciated, unless they are somehow done in a way that's "preferable" for relatively large amounts of players).
Level(s) must be in before April.
JCSers are not limited to making one level.
We reserve the right to judge entries however we want! :D
JJ2/JJ2+ only (No other version(s) besides 1.23, unless there is a very good reason).
Level making teams are allowed. Obviously, if a level making team is the author, the entire team takes credit.
Please do not send/upload levels that you (The author) did not work on (This simply means we want any sort of "significant" contribution. If your contribution is deemed insignificant by us, we will deny the entry).
Level(s) must be new or recently finished for this contest (Publish it/them for the contest). Any sort of re-uploaded older levels will probably be denied, unless there is a good reason to have them in the contest.
Upload level(s) to J2O or contact us (By Skype, MSN etc, ask for more info if needed).

snzspeed
Feb 13, 2013, 06:08 AM
Can I make a pacman maze with one spot bases? :D

Superjazz
Feb 13, 2013, 06:10 AM
In. Somehow.

PurpleJazz
Feb 13, 2013, 07:11 AM
In maybe.

Love & Thunder
Feb 13, 2013, 07:43 AM
I'll do my best to get a CTF level finished for this by the deadline.
Although I have a question about the rules: by "JJ2/JJ2+ only", does that mean TSF isn't allowed? Because TSF is the only version I can use at the moment.

cooba
Feb 13, 2013, 07:48 AM
I'll do my best to get a CTF level finished for this by the deadline.
Although I have a question about the rules: by "JJ2/JJ2+ only", does that mean TSF isn't allowed? Because TSF is the only version I can use at the moment.(No other version(s) besides 1.23, unless there is a very good reason)<!>

Superjazz
Feb 13, 2013, 07:50 AM
If you are able to convert it to 1.23, then I guess it's no problem. Just make sure you use a tileset that is 1.23-compatible.

Love & Thunder
Feb 13, 2013, 08:20 AM
Indeed, Cooba.
Although, really I was asking if my reason is good enough. Unless FireSworD says otherwise, I'm going to assume it is a good enough reason.

Toni_
Feb 13, 2013, 01:23 PM
J2T converter TSF to 1.23 (http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads/5370/tsf-to-123-j2t-converter/)
J2L converter TSF to 1.23 (http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads/5368/tsf-to-123-j2l-converter/)

This will help you.

FireSworD
Feb 13, 2013, 01:48 PM
Because TSF is the only version I can use at the moment.

Try to get it converted if possible.

FawFul
Feb 15, 2013, 01:38 PM
in. maybe with 2 levels.

Jett
Feb 16, 2013, 05:50 PM
Cool, I just made a level "Jumping Is Fun" made the other day, with original music, in 7th lava fall. It is for team battle tho. It is a sequel to a decade-old (unreleased?) level also called "Jumping Is Fun" which was lost from my hard drive not long ago. Maybe I can convert it to CtF and submit to the contest.

FireSworD
Mar 16, 2013, 06:43 PM
I'm posting this as a reminder that the deadline is approaching soon.

Also, please make sure entries submitted to j2o are clearly an entry for this contest. This is an obvious request, but I'm stating it just in case.

Treylina
Mar 27, 2013, 12:37 PM
So, when is the deadline? Is it basically when the bash starts? Hopefully I'll finish making a level for once..