PDA

View Full Version : Back to school nightmare

Hare
Aug 24, 2013, 03:25 PM
Anyone ever have that one nightmare where you are sent back to highschool even though you graduated years ago?

http://drawingforward.com/img/jj/2013-08-24-jj-back-to-school.png

I haven't drawn Jazz in a while, and needed a subject to draw. Though this does make me wonder what Jazz's high school years were like.

*edit* Tail fixed

Jerrythabest
Aug 25, 2013, 02:05 AM
AAAAAH So cute! Very nice drawing! Only thing is the black line in his tail... was this intentional? It looks to me it should have been dark green, just like the other outlines. But then again, I'm no expert on the subject... I could only wish to draw something this nice :)

cooba
Aug 25, 2013, 03:50 AM
That looks so cool. Do you perhaps feel like drawing <a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?t=19554">another one</a>?

Jerrythabest
Aug 26, 2013, 12:18 AM
Oh, that's definitely a good idea! I think this is more the kind of drawings we were after in that thread than the erotic stuff that got posted there.

DoubleGJ
Aug 26, 2013, 01:14 AM
Anyone ever have that one nightmare where you are sent back to highschool even though you graduated years ago?
funny, I haven't had one in months and now I did just this night

good drawing, too

burnout92
Aug 26, 2013, 05:11 AM

http://drawingforward.com/img/jj/2013-08-24-jj-back-to-school.png

I haven't drawn Jazz in a while, and needed a subject to draw. Though this does make me wonder what Jazz's high school years were like.

Hey Hare!

Nice draw!

But I have not had a nightmare about the high school (for while).

Hare
Aug 26, 2013, 01:09 PM
@Jerrythabest Ah! Yes, that is supposed to be green. To be honest, I was hoping nobody would notice ;P. I'll give it a touch up when I get back home.

@Cooba Oh, yeah. I forgot about the splash screen contest. I was considering it. I will have to give it a go and see what comes of it.

Thanks for the feedback, guys :).

Hare
Aug 29, 2013, 12:03 AM
Trying something pixely.

http://drawingforward.com/img/jj/2013-08-28-pixel-jazz-art-big.png

Enigma
Aug 29, 2013, 08:40 AM
Heh, that's actually pretty neat. (Didn't figure Jazz would be the science type, but hey, just goes to show how awesome science really is). The pixel one is quite impressive too (though for some reason, my mind keeps seeing the bandana in that one as a ribbon in Jazz's hair).

Love & Thunder
Aug 29, 2013, 05:43 PM
If there's ever a 2D Jazz sequel, they should get you on the art team.

DoubleGJ
Aug 29, 2013, 10:21 PM
My question is, did you make the second picture pixel by pixel, or did you just draw it and then pixellate it with an effect?

Slaz
Aug 30, 2013, 10:49 AM
The only Pixelate effects I know of just multiply the pixels and fill them with the nearest color in their range, or actually create more pixels to fully preserve and 'stretch' the picture. If you pixelated it with an effect, you would've aligned the colors in the original pic pretty damn perfect.

Either way, I like how that picture came out. And the first one has a funny theme and expression I never before related to Jazz (I have dreams about my schooldays regulary, btw).

I'm sorry to say though, that the drawing style of the first pic reminds me of My Little Pony, may you be the one who decide whether that's a good thing or not. :lol:

Hare
Aug 30, 2013, 11:43 PM
To get the pixel art effect I drew and colored a high rez image then converted it from RGB to Indexed. I set the color limit to 16 colors. Then I scaled it down without anti-aliasing then scaled it up to give it a low res look. After that, I cleaned up some loose pixels and refined a few things.

I can upload the original image when I can get back to my PC in a day or two. It is interesting to see how the lower color limit and scaling effects things. The cool thing about these images is that they can be rather large but with the small number of colors used and the PNG format, they are only a couple of kilobytes.

DoubleGJ
Aug 31, 2013, 12:04 AM
Ah-ha! That's what I thought. I did the same thing when working on a tileset I haven't finished yet. I have to admit though, this seems a bit like cheating to me. ;)

Slaz
Aug 31, 2013, 02:58 AM
To get the pixel art effect I drew and colored a high rez image then converted it from RGB to Indexed. I set the color limit to 16 colors. Then I scaled it down without anti-aliasing then scaled it up to give it a low res look. After that, I cleaned up some loose pixels and refined a few things.

Heh, nice work. You really fooled me into thinking it must've been drawn pixel by pixel. That's what I get for being a Photoshop noob. 8D