PDA

View Full Version : Possibly a bad idea

cooba
Oct 28, 2013, 02:07 PM
Most of the restricted/invisible forums are dead as a doornail. Would there be any harm in closing them and moving to the Archived Forums section?

Talking specifically about f=15, 27, 29, 31, and 47, though you might want to uncover more.

Stijn
Oct 28, 2013, 02:22 PM
Is 15 even linked to anywhere? Those that are hard to find are fine as they are I'd say, they're not really bothering anyone this way.

As for the rest, many are kind of dead indeed, but at the same time that means moving them wouldn't really change anything except their place on the forum index page. If people would be reviving threads all the time I'd consider moving them around, but right now I think there's not much reason to change things.

cooba
Oct 28, 2013, 02:36 PM
Well, there's always the historic value of some of those. And they're not gonna be less dead if they stay hidden.

Jerrythabest
Oct 29, 2013, 03:39 AM
Hey! I can't access 27 and 29! There goes your potential revival :p

minmay
Oct 29, 2013, 02:56 PM
But is the general public really prepared for I WANTS TOO JOIN SUK?

Ae
Oct 29, 2013, 05:53 PM
I need personal viewing access to every forum for <s>entertainment</s> market research.

Darkhog
Oct 30, 2013, 01:18 AM
I need personal viewing access to every forum for <s>entertainment</s> market research.

Me too, same reason.

Love & Thunder
Oct 30, 2013, 04:31 AM
If these forums are dead, surely they could be archived(Most of the threads could be locked if necessary), and then made visible to all. Most of the sections listed by Cooba are hidden to me, though, so I'd be interested to see what some of those are(Especially if one of those is the 1.25 council -- I've always wondered what kind of thing was discussed in that section).

Torkell
Oct 30, 2013, 07:47 AM
The first rule of the 1.25 Council is you do not talk about the 1.25 Council :)

Stijn
Oct 30, 2013, 08:26 AM
If these forums are dead, surely they could be archived(Most of the threads could be locked if necessary), and then made visible to all. Most of the sections listed by Cooba are hidden to me, though, so I'd be interested to see what some of those are(Especially if one of those is the 1.25 council -- I've always wondered what kind of thing was discussed in that section).

guess why they're hidden