PDA

View Full Version : rabbits..gone with the winds..

Louis K
Apr 19, 2014, 11:04 AM
title is seems very joking, but I'm serious. JJ2+ is teasing me again.

when I play single mode with JJ2+, it doesn't happen.
but the online mode..have a little bit problem..

at the first time, it seems working properly. but after a while, the rabbits are disappear suddenly. only rabbits are disappeared.

well.. maybe you can't understand but..that is true.

I'll show you a example screenshot..

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/1601330_1414055835530824_271991565724836358_n.jpg

look..
only rabbits are disappeared. and even others! so weird!

if I press F8 key(hide/show the user's name) on this position, then, I can't see anything! REALLY!
I always rely on running effects and dust effect to guess where am I!
it seems like fighting with ghosts!(fortunately, I can see missiles, bullets, and any other objects properly. and TSF doesn't have problems like this.)
and also, sometimes..rabbits appear again automatically. although it's very rare..(IDK how and why..it just randomly solved..)

I reinstall it more than 10 times.. and I request to my friend(he is working on samsung.) for solve it, but his reply is..

'Sorry man. I couldn't find the problem. no errors on your computer.'

what is this problem exactly then? is that a graphic card supporting problem? or..what?..
why I can't play it properly? even on the new computer!:(

Is anyone have the same problem like this? or anyone who know how to solve it?

P.S. and..when will I can stop asking questions like this silly problem?..I'd like to stop!..

Treylina
Apr 20, 2014, 11:27 AM
Did you try joining other servers? Maybe someone is using hacks on their server (HMMM, I wonder who that could be?)

Louis K
Apr 20, 2014, 10:23 PM
Absolutely, I did it.
I tried get out of that server and joining another server.

And I also use this command first when rabbit is disappeared - '/spectate on' and '/spectate off'

But sometimes it does help, and sometimes are not..(I really want to know about when and how is disappear and appear again.)

Really maybe you're right. maybe it is just someone's spiteful joke..(then, why only JJ2+ have the problem? TSF and other version is never have the problem like this.. that is a big mystery..I think there's a spy among us..Help me! I don't wanna die!)

Louis K
Apr 29, 2014, 02:10 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/1509149_1418234601779614_6690993772229585939_n.jpg

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10308078_1418234605112947_3211170016149227274_n.jp g

...Is there anyone who have another great opinion?.. no one?.. really?..

I AM SERIOUS! LOOK!
WHERE IS MY RABBIT?

Treylina
Apr 29, 2014, 08:44 AM
then, why only JJ2+ have the problem? TSF and other version is never have the problem like this.. [/SIZE])
It's better to say vanilla as a term for non-plus, as it works for both 1.23 and TSF, and their names don't necessarily change with plus. Vanilla is a commonly used term for games without mods. (example: Vanilla TSF is non-plus).

Why are you using 8-bit mode? I don't guarantee it's a cause for this, though it's more buggy than 16-bit. It also makes many levels look awful, like the screenshot above.

Louis K
Apr 29, 2014, 09:10 AM
It's better to say vanilla as a term for non-plus, as it works for both 1.23 and TSF, and their names don't necessarily change with plus. Vanilla is a commonly used term for games without mods.

Looks like you're using 8-bit mode. Why are you using it? I don't guarantee it's a cause, though it's more buggy than 16-bit.

So sadly, I tired 16-bit mode, but it doesn't help..

Definitely, my problem is this.

-Uninstall and reinstall it over than 10 times.
-Set 'Textured Background' on (I don't think it does help but.. anyway..)
-Set 'Use MMX Capabilities' on
-Set to 16-bit mode(8-bit mode also I tried)
-To check nobody on the same server
-But still, it doesn't solved.

Why is it disappeared only on JJ2+? why other versions are not? :confused:
And why is it disappeared suddenly and appeared again and repeat it?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1.0-9/1010621_1375642019372206_130052538_n.jpg

Even I can't understand my problem.. beh.. :drugs:

KRSplatinum
Apr 29, 2014, 02:21 PM
Usually this happens as a result of having too many animated sprites on the map, and JJ2 renders the other animated sprites, like ammo and carrots and gems, instead of rendering your rabbit sprite.

Treylina
Apr 29, 2014, 03:54 PM
Usually this happens as a result of having too many animated sprites on the map, and JJ2 renders the other animated sprites, like ammo and carrots and gems, instead of rendering your rabbit sprite.

That's true, though why is it only happening to him, then?

Louis K
Apr 29, 2014, 04:41 PM

I know that bug.. because I saw it very rarely..
but this bug is.. different!
It doesn't disappeared when I play with vanilla and TSF! Even same server!!
So how could it be explained?..

ShadowGPW
May 1, 2014, 03:49 AM
Rabbits tend to hide in holes when they are in danger. Did you try searching for holes?

Louis K
May 1, 2014, 04:36 AM
Rabbits tend to hide in holes when they are in danger. Did you try searching for holes?

...No
Actually I think I don't need to.
(I'm not feeling to joking. please don't blame me..)

Seren
May 1, 2014, 04:45 AM
What happens when you get frozen while this bug is in effect?

Louis K
May 1, 2014, 05:29 AM
What happens when you get frozen while this bug is in effect?

So badly, still invisible.
And even I hit, no blinking.. :(

Love & Thunder
May 2, 2014, 07:53 AM
KRSplat, stop it; you're not helping and that isn't funny.

Louis K
May 2, 2014, 09:06 AM
Maybe North Korea is interfering with your Internet access? Try ending the Korean War.

KRS, I understand your black joke. haha.. a lot of haccers on there.

But..
Please don't talk about that too much sensitive issue on here.
That's hurt my feeling. :((especially, to me.)

Love & Thunder
May 2, 2014, 12:41 PM
Perhaps KRSplat will learn from this mistake to be more careful with potentially sensitive subjects.

Louis, I'm sorry if your feelings have been hurt. As for your JJ2 problem, it could be a problem with your graphics card. What's your current PC setup?

Louis K
May 2, 2014, 03:49 PM
I don't know about computers(not my division!), but as I said..

I reinstall it more than 10 times.. and I request to my friend(he is working on samsung.) for solve it, but his reply is..

'Sorry man. I couldn't find the problem. no errors on your computer.'

And I request about it to another expert.
he said he also doesn't know..
(Is they're really expert?.. I doubt now..)

Fortunately, this problem is much better than before and going better and so.(for example, It was not happened last night while I'm playing.)
Beside, not always. so If rabbits are disappeared again, I always thought 'well, just my bad luck.. that's fine. I was adapted now.'.

But I really hope that this is my last solution request about such like this freaking problems..

cooba
May 3, 2014, 02:24 AM
As for your JJ2 problem, it could be a problem with your graphics card.It really couldn't.

Violet CLM
May 3, 2014, 03:14 AM
This thread makes my head hurt.
when I play single mode with JJ2+, it doesn't happen.
but the online mode..have a little bit problem..
Can we narrow down a bit more the exact circumstances you're having troubles in? There are three ways you could be playing a level: local, in a LAN (Local Area Network) server, or in an online server. Then there are more or less three gamemodes that might be relevant: single player, cooperative, and everything else. (I could imagine CTF acting different because of its team colors, but from your screenshots, that doesn't appear to be relevant.)

So that's 3x3=9 possibile permutations, and I guess what I'd really like to know is whether your rabbits do or don't display in each one of those.

Love & Thunder
May 4, 2014, 04:21 AM
It really couldn't.
This is me right now:
https://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/thumb/1380/73/1380735649600s.jpg

Louis K
May 4, 2014, 06:11 AM
This thread makes my head hurt.
Can we narrow down a bit more the exact circumstances you're having troubles in?

Oh, I'm sorry if you confused.

I mean..

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1.0-9/10178059_1420312244905183_1907601349588280963_n.jp g

All of single player mode doesn't make any problems.
It does work 'VERY' properly.

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/l/t1.0-9/10296599_1420312241571850_5417220779192159071_n.jp g

'This' internet play mode have a problem!
Actually,
Local Play splitscreen -> have no problem when I was play it, and I never use it.
Local network TCP -> couldn't find the server.(so I never use it.)
Local network IPX -> deactivated. as you can see..

Beside, no trouble about internet connection itself.(because I was checked that there is no problem about chatting with others.)

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10168221_1420312234905184_3923273012668365630_n.jp g

And.. my version..
beh..

Violet CLM
May 4, 2014, 10:16 AM
Soo...
Local Play
SP: works fine
Coop: unknown, you didn't specify
Other: unknown, you didn't specify
Internet Play:
SP: unknown
Coop: unknown
Other: fails
Local Network TCP:
SP: unknown
Coop: unknown
Other: unknown

Louis K
May 6, 2014, 07:18 AM
Soo...
Local Play
SP: works fine(yes)
Coop: work fine
Other: work fine
Internet Play:
SP: work fine(so weirdly, it work fine! only this!)
Coop: have a problem
Other: fails(yes)
Local Network TCP:
SP: unknown(couldn't find the server)
Coop: unknown(couldn't find the server)
Other: unknown(couldn't find the server)

Well..
I don't know about the TCP, but.. I don't think that I'll use it even it work properly..(so I don't matter about it.. am I something wrong?)

Hmm..anyway,
My problem is exactly this - Rabbits are still disappear suddenly and very rarely, even internet connection is very fine.(Surely, connection itself was never disconnected while I'm playing!)

zepect
May 7, 2014, 01:15 AM
My problem is exactly this - Rabbits are still disappear suddenly and very rarely, even internet connection is very fine.(Surely, connection itself was never disconnected while I'm playing!)

Are you playing via Internet on a server, or are you being the server when this bug occurs? Does it happen both when you're the server or a client? Is it level specific? If this bug occurs while you're being a client, is it server specific? Maybe it occurs only in CTF?

Louis K
May 7, 2014, 06:07 AM
Are you playing via Internet on a server, or are you being the server when this bug occurs?

..yes?

Does it happen both when you're the server or a client? Is it level specific?

Nope, When I hosting my server, it doesnt' occurs.
Actually, I tried it with 'home cooked levels', but there is no errors.(even I open new server with same levels.)

If this bug occurs while you're being a client, is it server specific?

Well.. that's what I doubt now.
I seriously check my internet connection several times , but there is no problem.
(Very fortunately, this problem is not occurs since 4 days ago. Hmm.. I want to believe it was solved, but sadly it was occurs today..)

Maybe it occurs only in CTF?

Not only.
Rather, CTF is much less occurs than Coop or Battle.

zepect
May 7, 2014, 06:55 AM
Nope, When I hosting my server, it doesnt' occurs.

You could try joining your own server by opening another instance of JJ2. Then you would be both server and client, and if the bug still occurs in the client window, then it's probably not related to your Internet connection at all.

I seriously check my internet connection several times , but there is no problem.

That doesn't sound like an issue related to your Internet connection, though it could be.

So the rabbits disappear, but the names over them persist. Do the names of other players move around (like invisible rabbits) or do they freeze at a certain position?

Louis K
May 7, 2014, 07:09 AM
You could try joining your own server by opening another instance of JJ2. Then you would be both server and client, and if the bug still occurs in the client window, then it's probably not related to your Internet connection at all. though it could be.

oh, not related my connection.. good news!..
Yes. while I'm both of server and client, and occurs in client window.
..So..? if it does, Is there any solution?

So the rabbits disappear, but the names over them persist. Do the names of other players move around (like invisible rabbits) or do they freeze at a certain position?

moving around when they moving. exactly.(that's why I'm call it 'fight with ghost'.)
But one thing still I can't understand is - why only 'Rabbits'? why not any other objects?(bullets, ammo, carrots..)

zepect
May 7, 2014, 07:19 AM
Does it happen with frogs/birds too? (There are Bird Moprh and Frog Morph events that can transform you into a bird or a frog)

Louis K
May 7, 2014, 07:39 AM
Does it happen with frogs/birds too? (There are Bird Moprh and Frog Morph events that can transform you into a bird or a frog)

Sadly, I didn't check about it yet..(because,too annoyingly, this problem occurs very rarely! I don't know when is it occurs exactly! so even I can't check it easily!..)
But if I check it, then I'll capture that and post it on here.

Louis K
May 28, 2014, 08:19 AM
I have a something very good news!

I was download the new OS windows 8.1K about two weeks ago, and I test my JJ2+ with internet play.

Result? PERFECTLY WORK!
I've never seen any bugs while I'm playing!

In short,
Windows 8.0 → sometimes makes troubles.
Windows 8.1K → no troubles.
My guess → 8.0 is s---

But one thing.. I don't test yet.. '8.1'(at first, 8.1 and 8.1K are slightly different. I don't know why is it not downloaded on my computer but anyway, and surely, 8.1K isn't makes no problems. :p)

So, just my suggestion, If you have a same problem like me when your OS is windows 8.0, then download new OS to windows 8.1K and try again. maybe it'll be very helpful to you.

Slaz
May 28, 2014, 02:46 PM
Hmm, I don't know how Windows 8.1 fixed the problem, but I'm glad it did! I also recommend all Windows 8 users to upgrade to 8.1 as it's free and unlike some Microsoft upgrades, it does actually fix things users were asking for. Especially desktop software stability and the 'Metro UI' have been improved! :7

And 8.1 K is basically the same as regular 8.1, but comes installed with links to concurrent software such as media players, messengers, and browsers. It's only sold in the South Korean market where law strictly prohibits monopoly positions.

It's similar to Windows 7 N versions that exist in the European market. those don't include Media Player/Center as the EU forced Microsoft to remove it.

zepect
May 30, 2014, 09:02 AM
And 8.1 K is basically the same as regular 8.1, but comes installed with links to concurrent software such as media players, messengers, and browsers. It's only sold in the South Korean market where law strictly prohibits monopoly positions.

I thought "K" means "Korean version"? Or is it not just about the system language?