PDA

View Full Version : JJ2 battle levels graphs

Seren
Aug 13, 2014, 01:54 AM
One of my recent projects required careful analysis of JJ2 battle levels and I used graphs to visualize gathered results. The graphs show paths, intersections, and the most important places in every level. I find them useful for my research but I also had the thought I could share them and let people guess what levels they depict. So this is the thread where you can finally test your level history knowledge and some of your cryptography skills because I don't provide a detailed legend. The image is rather big so I'll put it in a link:

Graphs (https://i.imgur.com/bjEQOIA.png)

Here are some tips: all of the levels are relatively well-known battle levels; most of them are quite recent (think past-2009), but not all of them; edges represent paths while nodes generally represent intersections and major dead ends; directions between linked nodes are relatively accurate, distances are not; colors mean the same thing for edges as they do for nodes and they're consistent between different graphs; shapes of nodes and edges mostly follow a complicated set of rules, with some exceptions where they're actually simple and consistent; neither of the levels is Battle1.

Nobody is expected to guess all of the graphs; if you think you got even a single one right, post about it and I'll answer whether your guess was correct. Bruteforce attempts will be ignored.

I realize I'm aiming for a niche audience with this puzzle and therefore may not gather much or any interest; if no one feels like guessing, I'll just wait for a few days and release answers as some people may find the graphs useful for whatever reason once they know what levels they relate to.

Toni_
Aug 13, 2014, 02:28 AM
Level on graph #15 is the one with desolation tileset? I'm not sure if I remember the name correctly.

Level on graph #16 is the one where you have to climb on the right side of level to get RF PU, and if you jump from there on the right side, you get carrot down there and then warp? And you can also use fly carrot down there. Tileset Odyssey (I'm sorry, but I can't remember the name of this level either :( )

cooba
Aug 13, 2014, 07:42 AM
AMA

Seren
Aug 13, 2014, 11:46 AM
Level on graph #15 is the one with desolation tileset? I'm not sure if I remember the name correctly.

Level on graph #16 is the one where you have to climb on the right side of level to get RF PU, and if you jump from there on the right side, you get carrot down there and then warp? And you can also use fly carrot down there. Tileset Odyssey (I'm sorry, but I can't remember the name of this level either :( )
No, #16 is not E. Prime.

Foly
Aug 14, 2014, 05:03 AM
#3 Triton Armory
#4 Shimering Cavern
#7 Anarchy
#8 Pit of Necrosis
#9 EvilMike's Evil Fortress
#10 Fall Era
#11 E. Prime
#12 Conflux
#13 Apocalyptic End

Seren
Aug 14, 2014, 05:11 AM
Those are all correct. Wow, nice job.

cooba
Aug 14, 2014, 06:11 AM
Wow, that's impressive.

Quote this post for more answers.

<!--
#2 - Moonlit Harbor
#16 - The Impossible Metropolis
-->

Superjazz
Aug 14, 2014, 09:26 AM
#1 is Forgotten Toilet Chronicles

Seren
Aug 14, 2014, 09:40 AM
That's right.

Superjazz
Aug 14, 2014, 10:16 AM
#2 is Moonlit Harbor
#16 is The Impossible Metropolis

cooba
Aug 14, 2014, 10:18 AM
#2 is Moonlit Harbor
#16 is The Impossible MetropolisQuote this post for more answers.

Also, #6 is very frustrating since it's very nearly olcbat02, but is not. (Somebody's got some explaining to do here, hmm?)

EDIT: #5 is
Sand Dune Heights

snzspeed
Aug 14, 2014, 10:31 AM
NVM :D

Foly
Aug 14, 2014, 10:40 AM
Also, #6 is very frustrating since it's very nearly olcbat02, but is not. (Somebody's got some explaining to do here, hmm?)

Firebreather

x)

cooba
Aug 14, 2014, 10:44 AM
Firebreather

x)ROFL.

Foly
Aug 14, 2014, 10:53 AM
And last but not least:

#14 Delta Halo
#15 Frozen Lake

cooba
Aug 14, 2014, 10:59 AM
Are you a
wizard

Foly
Aug 14, 2014, 12:16 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4192265984/h300683D1/

Love & Thunder
Aug 14, 2014, 01:39 PM
Are you by any chance badly in need of food, then?

Anyway, this looks really interesting. I'd like to see a full version(With shrunk-down versions of the maps in question and a legend) at some point. :)

CrimiClown
Aug 14, 2014, 11:23 PM
That's very cool. Would love to see an explanation and/or legend indeed. This would be a nice thing to have to study level strategy.