PDA

View Full Version : JJ2+ bug reports

Jelly Jam
Jan 18, 2015, 03:38 AM
Now that i think about it, isn't it the time to get this fixed?
http://i.imgur.com/wLapqI8.png
I didn't edit the level i swear! He won't die while falling on his stomach.
And feel free to suggest or report any bugs you find while playing JJ2(+)

Grytolle
Jan 18, 2015, 05:21 AM
Looks like it only happens during pregames, and curiously /k doesn't affect you then either if you're in that position

Borgia
Jan 18, 2015, 05:39 AM
Might as well use this thread for further bug reports, if no such threads exist already.

Does that bug only appear in this particular map, or did you encounter it elswhere too? If it's only the map, it should be easier to fix.

Jelly Jam
Jan 18, 2015, 05:48 AM
Might as well use this thread for further bug reports, if no such threads exist already.

Does that bug only appear in this particular map, or did you encounter it elswhere too? If it's only the map, it should be easier to fix.
Would ya look at that. Seems like this is the map's problem. Tried this out in face (had to edit the level in order to fall on the rabbit's belly) and I died.

Borgia
Jan 18, 2015, 05:59 AM
As far as I can tell there are no other threads dedicated to bug reports. But maybe I have not seen every part of this forum.

And what happens if you don't edit anything?

Primpy
Jan 18, 2015, 06:00 AM
If you can change the name of the thread to something like "JJ2+ Bug Reports", that would be nice. Good to know that it isn't a JJ2+ bug, but a map bug.

Btw, you write pretty nice with your mouse.

Jelly Jam
Jan 18, 2015, 07:11 AM
As far as I can tell there are no other threads dedicated to bug reports. But maybe I have not seen every part of this forum.

And what happens if you don't edit anything?
Um, i edited the level so i can fall on the stomach. All i did is replace the warp target so i can fall on the stomach in the pit. Without editing, this would be impossible.

Btw, you write pretty nice with your mouse.
Thanks?

EDIT:
http://i.imgur.com/t7vkZCg.png
Okay this is a big bug.

This is the Puke Nuk3m tests server. All shy did is spec off and this happened! He fell out of the level.

Violet CLM
Jan 20, 2015, 02:13 PM
Can you find a reliable way to replicate the issue?

Seren
Jan 20, 2015, 02:46 PM
This is without doubt a case of #458, Violet, already known.

Jelly Jam
Jan 25, 2015, 02:10 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ZFqqAcr.png

Again, this is the Puke server. Shy and CS we're kinda doing something with the !k command, and they keep dying in an infinite loop. Also going to the right a bit, thus warping.
EDIT: I forgot to mention that they're going right cause of the wind.

XxMoNsTeRXM
Jan 26, 2015, 05:51 AM
Will Jazz Jackrabbit 2 TSF+ work on Windows 8.1? I think I will install Windows 8.1 or maybe not, but I really wanna know if Jazz Jackrabbit 2 TSF+ works on Windows 8.1 or what problem it has on Windows 8.1, if I do not install Windows 8.1 I think I'll install Windows 10 when it comes out.

This is not really a bug report, but... I do not have a special JJ2+ Thread Post that isn't closed. #primpyclosedjj2+thread

Grytolle
Jan 26, 2015, 07:47 AM
I'm running 1.23+ and 1.24+ on Windows 8.1 without any compability settings or anything of the sort. Seems to work just fine.

XxMoNsTeRXM
Jan 26, 2015, 07:51 AM
I'm running 1.23+ and 1.24+ on Windows 8.1 without any compability settings or anything of the sort. Seems to work just fine.

Ok. Thanks for the help!

Zah dud4h
Feb 1, 2015, 10:37 AM
i fought 1 vs 2 against the splitscreeners (boty and clown) on face
boty was camping the flag while i killed clown
this result came up:
[14:14:35] *** [CDF]Naps roasted bty>CLOWN
[14:14:36] *** bty>CLOWN lost the Red Flag
[14:14:36] *** bty>CLOWN captured the flag
[14:14:53] *** you killed yourself
[14:14:53] *** [CDF]Naps was looking good but died instead...
[14:14:53] *** [CDF]Naps lost the Blue Flag
[14:15:00] *** bty>CLOWN made the score
[14:15:00] *** Blue Team scored a point

what happened is:boty captured,but the game send the flag to clown

Jelly Jam
Feb 1, 2015, 02:04 PM
This ain't really a suggestion or a bug report, but, is someone from the plus team already drawing more letters from JJ2? I started drawing some today, I completed only these ones (so far ;p).
http://i.imgur.com/OwEpekQ.png
Yeah i just copied stuff from other letters, but still.
I'm planning to make bigger sizes and more missing letters, but I'm just checking if someone is already doing this, so I don't do this for nothing.

XxMoNsTeRXM
Feb 1, 2015, 11:09 PM
This ain't really a suggestion or a bug report, but, is someone from the plus team already drawing more letters from JJ2? I started drawing some today, I completed only these ones (so far ;p).
http://i.imgur.com/OwEpekQ.png
Yeah i just copied stuff from other letters, but still.
I'm planning to make bigger sizes and more missing letters, but I'm just checking if someone is already doing this, so I don't do this for nothing.

You should add like these ones: & and ^

Jelly Jam
Feb 1, 2015, 11:36 PM
Planning to ;p. & could be just made out of 8 and < with a little editing, and ^ could be made out of / and \, also with a little editing.
But still, is someone already doing this?
EDIT: Speaking of animations, I can't seem to run jazz sprite dynamite. I don't understand, i have all the necesary files, and every time i run it, i get this. It worked fine like a month ago.
http://i.imgur.com/tZwFMoY.png
Does anyone have a sprite sheet or something? I highly doubt you do, though. :(
ANOTHER EDIT: Nevermind, got it working!

Primpy
Feb 2, 2015, 12:15 AM
Planning to ;p. & could be just made out of 8 and < with a little editing, and ^ could be made out of / and \, also with a little editing.
But still, is someone already doing this?
EDIT: Speaking of animations, I can't seem to run jazz sprite dynamite. I don't understand, i have all the necesary files, and every time i run it, i get this. It worked fine like a month ago.
http://i.imgur.com/tZwFMoY.png
Does anyone have a sprite sheet or something? I highly doubt you do, though. :(
ANOTHER EDIT: Nevermind, got it working!

That means you can delete both edits, since they don't have any purpose.

Jelly Jam
Feb 2, 2015, 12:34 AM
That means you can delete both edits, since they don't have any purpose.
Off topic?

Anyway, can someone please answer my question from before? :lol:
Cause I already started, and I don't wanna go too far without any purpose.
http://i.imgur.com/YeZKZBc.png
There are bigger sizes of letters, right? I can't seem to find them in JSD.

Primpy
Feb 2, 2015, 12:36 AM
Off topic?

Anyway, can someone please answer my question from before? :lol:
Cause I already started, and I don't wanna go too far without any purpose.
http://i.imgur.com/YeZKZBc.png
There are bigger sizes of letters, right? I can't seem to find them in JSD.

This should go to "JJ2+ Suggestions" thread, not this one.

Jelly Jam
Feb 2, 2015, 12:39 AM
#primpyclosedjj2+thread
I thought he wasn't kidding.
Let's just say that missing letters is a bug ;).

Primpy
Feb 2, 2015, 12:41 AM

This is the suggestions thread and it's open. (http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?p=485329#post485329)

Jelly Jam
Feb 2, 2015, 12:44 AM
okay dude, Moving to your thread (http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showpost.php?p=485329&postcount=47)

Violet CLM
Feb 2, 2015, 12:47 AM
Jelly Jam, thank you for your interesting in contributing! Someone will send you a PM within the next 24 hours with more information about the font situation.

Primpy, granted, adding diacritics isn't exactly a bug report. A separate thread for offering help to JJ2+ might be interesting&mdash;the call for <a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?t=19554">splash screens</a> was both successful and entertaining, but the other way around, people spontaneously mentioning things they can do, hasn't really been tried. Of course it might not go anywhere but there's always the possibility that seeing a skill mentioned will inspire an idea for how to use it? Hmm. Anyway, you're probably right.

Zd, thank you for the report! I can easily imagine things going wrong with splitscreen. How reproducible is the problem?

Slaz
Feb 2, 2015, 02:22 AM
Ninja's recent question concerning JJ2 and Windows 8 reminded me of some issues still present. And with Microsoft ignoring the problem and the highly praised Windows 10 just around the corner, the future of JJ2's fullscreen doesn't look so bright if things stay the way they are. Here are the 2 issues as quoted from Ninja's thread:

1: A major video performance loss occurs while using fullscreen, Hardware Mode slows it down even further! This is not exclusive to JJ2, but will happen in any game on Windows 8 utilizing DirectDraw in combination with either double or triple buffering. The hardcoded -notriple flag thus doesn't work as there'll be double buffering instead. So far Microsoft support reps have ignored the issue saying 'DirectDraw is an old technology that should be avoided'..

2: Network connectivity (netcode?) will be lost when switching out of fullscreen during an online game (not in the menu). This doesn't happen if you enter an online game windowed and switch to fullscreen from there. If this happens, you can only get connectivity back by closing and restarting JJ2.

So to any Plus dev/tester with Windows 8 and some spare time, maybe you can look (especially) into the issue concerning lost connectivity while switching out of fullscreen during online games? And maybe look into adding a -nodouble flag as well, if even necessary. As it goes to my understanding that Plus 5.0 adds new graphical options anyway. :rolleyes:

SAMI
Feb 2, 2015, 02:36 AM
Off topic but important for me.
So I was planning to take Win 10 for my new PC. So, windows 10 still have the direct draw issue? If its still in win 10, then in hell with win 10. I'll take win 7 then.

Primpy
Feb 2, 2015, 02:43 AM
Off topic but important for me.
So I was planning to take Win 10 for my new PC. So, windows 10 still have the direct draw issue? If its still in win 10, then in hell with win 10. I'll take win 7 then.

I don't want to be that kind of person pretending to be a mod, but why don't you open a thread for that?

XxMoNsTeRXM
Feb 2, 2015, 03:24 AM

There's a difference between the "JJ2+" thread and the "JJ2+ Suggestions" thread, JJ2+ thread is closed, but the JJ2+ Suggestions was made by Primpy after the JJ2+ thread was closed.

Grytolle
Feb 2, 2015, 03:25 AM
Primpy, if you don't wanna be it, why are all your last posts in this thread to that effect?

Awesome work Jelly!

Primpy
Feb 2, 2015, 04:25 AM
Primpy, if you don't wanna be it, why are all your last posts in this thread to that effect?

Awesome work Jelly!

I don't want to be it, but I feel like being it.

Jelly Jam
Feb 2, 2015, 08:13 AM
There's a difference between the "JJ2+" thread and the "JJ2+ Suggestions" thread, JJ2+ thread is closed, but the JJ2+ Suggestions was made by Primpy after the JJ2+ thread was closed.
But the JJ2+ thread was closed like ages ago, and the JJ2+ Suggestions thread is Primpy's thread. When you said 'primpyclosedjj2+thread', no wonder i got to the conclusion that the sugestions thread is closed ;p.
Okay, enough going off-topic. This is JJ2(+)bugs thread.

Violet CLM
Feb 2, 2015, 08:56 AM
So to any Plus dev/tester with Windows 8 and some spare time, maybe you can look (especially) into the issue concerning lost connectivity while switching out of fullscreen during online games? And maybe look into adding a -nodouble flag as well, if even necessary.
Jerry and I have both looked at the issue and not had any luck so far. :( SE has an alternate solution in the works but even if it does pan out it'll take a while to finish.

Torkell
Feb 2, 2015, 09:09 AM
Enough. This is the JJ2+ bug report thread, not the "Should Primpy be a moderator" thread.

Slaz/SAMI: It's a reasonable question, but any further discussion on Windows 10 support probably belongs in its own thread (or the JJ2+ Suggestions thread) as it's not really a bug caused by JJ2+.

Slaz
Feb 2, 2015, 09:20 AM
Jerry and I have both looked at the issue and not had any luck so far. :( SE has an alternate solution in the works but even if it does pan out it'll take a while to finish.

Thanks for looking into it in the first place. Windows 8 users are a minority now, but since Windows 10 won't fix it, the issue will become more mainstream by the day.. :eek:

Violet CLM
Feb 2, 2015, 10:40 AM
primpy, read the room, please

I don't know of anything in any boss's code that would care about players going underwater. My guess is that you're talking about bosses deactivating when the player is simply <em>too far away</em>, which is a level design matter. Either don't let the player run away from the boss, or set <code>jjObjectPresets[whatever].deactivates = false;</code>

Primpy
Feb 2, 2015, 01:38 PM
primpy, read the room, please

I don't know of anything in any boss's code that would care about players going underwater. My guess is that you're talking about bosses deactivating when the player is simply <em>too far away</em>, which is a level design matter. Either don't let the player run away from the boss, or set <code>jjObjectPresets[whatever].deactivates = false;</code>

Are you sure about that? I was going to make a map with an underwater boss and I choosed Uterus for this. Each time I jump in the water his health fills up. I'll try with a smaller area, hope that will fix it.

Zah dud4h
Feb 2, 2015, 01:48 PM
Zd, thank you for the report! I can easily imagine things going wrong with splitscreen. How reproducible is the problem?

i actually dunno,it happened like 2-3 times

also those 2 splitscreeners couldn't go "/ready" cause they would get kicked by the camel bot because of "spam",i really don't know if its because of jj2+ or the bot is bugged

Jelly Jam
Feb 3, 2015, 01:05 AM
i actually dunno,it happened like 2-3 times

also those 2 splitscreeners couldn't go "/ready" cause they would get kicked by the camel bot because of "spam",i really don't know if its because of jj2+ or the bot is bugged
You could try opening a server while in splitscreen and use the /ready command.

Zah dud4h
Feb 3, 2015, 02:56 AM
You could try opening a server while in splitscreen and use the /ready command.

i was trying to say that you can actually spam the "/ready" command faster as a splitscreener than a non-splitscreener player

Edit:also i think the only way to fix,is actually making a special ready message for them
example:
Player 1 and Player 2 are ready!
instead of:
Player 1 is ready!
Player 2 is ready!
and actually resulting in getting kicked

SAMI
Feb 3, 2015, 03:03 AM
That's typically the bot causing this issue. It doesn't occur in other servers. [I've tested it by opening my own server in 1 player only and joined it with splitscreen and typed /ready command. Nothing happens then.

So its a bug of camel bot.

Treylina
Feb 3, 2015, 08:16 AM
I'm pretty sure the spamkicker is part of JJ2+, not the bot. Likely chances, it was turned off in your server.

Violet CLM
Feb 3, 2015, 11:03 AM
The "$playername is READY!" text is sent by the server, not by the client/s, and JJ2+ does not object to it no matter how many splitscreeners there are. Blame Camel.

Kyr0
Feb 3, 2015, 02:17 PM
only 2 solutions, to disable kick function from the bot or disable split screens from Camel Duels due to the login system

Grytolle
Feb 4, 2015, 03:47 AM
I've adjusted the Camel bot a bit so that it's a bit more tolerant towards using /ready. You should be able to use /ready 3 times in a row as a 2-player splitscreener now, so I'm guessing it'll work once if it's 4 players.

Loon
Feb 6, 2015, 05:18 AM
I have found a bug.
When you buttstomp ammo barrels, all the ammo you have at that very specific moment will come out of the barrel. But if you shoot the barrel with TNT and then explodes, only the bouncer ammo will come out of the barrel.
I did this a couple of times, but I didn't find any other ammo than Bouncer.
Should this be fixed?

Jelly Jam
Feb 24, 2015, 07:58 AM
I would post a screenshot of this but I think people should try this theirselfs.
This ain't really a bug about the plus addon, but I think it's yet another JJ2 bug that needs to be fixed.

1. Open a level with a catepilar in it. Catepilars are those guys who smoke the smoke rings that make you dizzy (right?).
2. Switch to 8-bit mode.
3. Run into his smoke ring, and when colors start flashing, immidiately change to 16-bit.
4. Enjoy your color change.

SAMI
Feb 24, 2015, 08:27 AM
Yes, I knew it. I've tested the shareware version in 16-bit color and you know what happened? The screen hue changes when you eat the smokes. But in Full version it doesn't !! Also, I've tested what Jelly Bean said. The palette changes.

Love & Thunder
Feb 25, 2015, 06:27 AM
Wow. I never knew that, and I've been playing this game since pretty much when it came out. XD

Primpy
Feb 26, 2015, 11:10 AM
Also, I've tested what Jelly Bean said.

Jelly Bean. :lol:

Wow. I never knew that, and I've been playing this game since pretty much when it came out. XD

Some bugs are easy to find, some bugs aren't. In this case, the bug was pretty well hidden.

Thanks to Jelly Jam for finding out this interesting bug! :)

Treylina
Feb 26, 2015, 12:49 PM
I knew about it a couple of months ago, but never cared enough to report it, because the chance of someone switching back into 16 bit mode while being in the smoke rings is very unlikely.

Violet CLM
Feb 26, 2015, 01:38 PM
At least twelve and a quarter years, personally. But it continues to not be a JJ2+ bug.

Toni_
Mar 16, 2015, 06:52 AM
Not sure if those bugs are already fixed or mentioned before, but check chat and user list

http://www.dodaj.rs/f/V/h7/422dGUj4/jazz0003.png

http://www.dodaj.rs/f/2S/ye/45nHTEZe/jazz0005.png

Treylina
Mar 16, 2015, 09:37 AM
That bug happens when a player spectates with a coloured name during a non-team game that allows coloured names, then the gamemode is changed to a team game, then the player unspecs.

It's fixed in 5.0.

Jelly Jam
Mar 17, 2015, 01:59 AM
Well... Doesn't Camel have the power to change the colors of the teams (like orange, gray)?

cooba
Mar 17, 2015, 02:07 AM
No<!>

Slaz
Mar 17, 2015, 10:42 PM
Well... Doesn't Camel have the power to change the colors of the teams (like orange, gray)?
You might've seen tilesets that change team colors by having Jazz2 palette alterations for red and blue gradients, a few like that exist. The only other way Camels could've done it is by AS for individual levels, but that doesn't make sense.

Jelly Jam
Mar 18, 2015, 02:00 AM
You might've seen tilesets that change team colors by having Jazz2 palette alterations for red and blue gradients, a few like that exist. The only other way Camels could've done it is by AS for individual levels, but that doesn't make sense.
This is not what I meant.
But W/E

Kyro
Mar 18, 2015, 01:12 PM
No<!>

We have the power to change player nick color with a command.

cooba
Mar 18, 2015, 01:38 PM
I have the power to say "not for long"

Toni_
Mar 18, 2015, 01:50 PM
^ so powerful.

I think it could be useful to be able to change player's nick color.

XxMoNsTeRXM
Mar 19, 2015, 03:33 AM
I have the power to say "not for long"
That's the greatest power I heard, that means in 5.0 we'll be able to add more teams in a ctf game, or change team colors ?

Seren
Mar 19, 2015, 03:36 AM
I thought cooba literally said the opposite of that, i.e. that you no longer will be.

Stijn
Mar 19, 2015, 03:43 AM
Why not, though?

StrikerTheHedgefox
Mar 27, 2015, 06:31 AM
Hello! I'm new to these forums, but have been a veteran player of JJ2 since 1999.

I found a rather serious bug in JJ2+ that doesn't occur in the normal EXE. If you play the first episode (Formerly a Prince) in Easy Mode, which brings up the Training Stage... if you complete the stage, the game will crash, saying that it cannot find the file "Castle1.lev.j2l".

I'm using JJ2+ Beta 4.3, with The Secret Files.

Treylina
Mar 27, 2015, 07:27 PM
Hello! I'm new to these forums, but have been a veteran player of JJ2 since 1999.

I found a rather serious bug in JJ2+ that doesn't occur in the normal EXE. If you play the first episode (Formerly a Prince) in Easy Mode, which brings up the Training Stage... if you complete the stage, the game will crash, saying that it cannot find the file "Castle1.lev.j2l".

I'm using JJ2+ Beta 4.3, with The Secret Files.

Anyway, it's not a JJ2 bug, it's a level bug. It's because the next level is set to castle1.lev. The level creator just forgot to edit the set next level when the level format got changed. You can fix it in JCS by opening trainer.j2l, click "Tools" at the top, then click level properties, setting next level to castle1 (take the .lev out of it), then click OK. Problem fixed.

EDIT: Okay, apparently this worked in vanilla. Alright then...but there's still plus breaking town2.

Violet CLM
Mar 27, 2015, 08:25 PM
Trey, I would think that not being able to progress past the first level of the game when trying a mod for the first time would count as a serious issue, yes. Sure, it's a weird next level setting, but vanilla JJ2 can handle it just fine and JJ2+ can't.

Primpy
Mar 27, 2015, 10:23 PM
I actually encountered this bug too but I thought it's a bug that only myself has (damn my English). Anyway, as Treylina said, it can be easily fixed using JCS.

Still no estimated time until the new version is released?

What a warm welcoming from Trey!

StrikerTheHedgefox
Mar 28, 2015, 07:00 AM
Trey, I would think that not being able to progress past the first level of the game when trying a mod for the first time would count as a serious issue, yes. Sure, it's a weird next level setting, but vanilla JJ2 can handle it just fine and JJ2+ can't.

I would count it as a serious issue too, considering it makes playing through the first episode on the easy skill level impossible. (I'm capable of playing on higher difficulties no problem, it's just that for newcomers, or someone who just wants a leisurely run through it, can't do it.)

Treylina
Mar 28, 2015, 07:55 AM

Ah, I had no idea it worked fine on vanilla. My bad. Though I'd imagine most of the players who only want to play the official episodes on easy, likely have never heard of plus, nor are interested in it.

However, plus did break another default level. In town2, if you take the tube secret, you get flown across the level with no control, because the tube used an additional unknown setting, but then became the setting for noclip in plus. This can be fixed easily in JCS too, though.

StrikerTheHedgefox
Mar 30, 2015, 04:56 AM
However, plus did break another default level. In town2, if you take the tube secret, you get flown across the level with no control, because the tube used an additional unknown setting, but then became the setting for noclip in plus. This can be fixed easily in JCS too, though.

If you could send me a screenshot of the area in the map where I need to change it, I'll do so.

EDIT: NVM, I think I found it. http://puu.sh/gV99S/3ef02d40d5.png

Love & Thunder
Mar 30, 2015, 08:37 AM
Perhaps the original setting was to destroy destruct scenery.
One possible fix would be to include a .j2as file in Plus for that level.

Primpy
Apr 7, 2015, 06:03 AM
Maybe it's a little bit too early for bug reporting, but when activating copter ears by holding the jump button you can't shoot x(

EDIT: Found another bug: While using "jjgrav" (reversed gravity) and hanging on a rope you can't shoot.

Seren
Apr 7, 2015, 09:12 AM
In other words, that's a hardware issue on your side. I suggested a solution but JCF won't accept such blasphemous thing as friendly, selfless advice.

Stijn
Apr 7, 2015, 09:26 AM
What SE apparently means to say is that it seems like your keyboard does not support pressing multiple buttons at once (at least not those you are trying to press simultaneously).

XxMoNsTeRXM
Apr 8, 2015, 10:58 AM
there's a glitch in 5.0, if you do jjt on the final episode, and you have either slow or fast mode, the menu will be in the mode you did on the final episode.

Violet CLM
Apr 8, 2015, 11:35 AM
Thanks! I thought I found every possible avenue of escape for the JJT effect but I forgot those special next level settings.

Superjazz
Apr 11, 2015, 03:13 AM
http://i.imgur.com/MT7Y8ai.png

This one shows 2 minor bugs. First one being that scores that happen at the very last fraction of the game, before the game stops with nomovement on, will not update to the clients. I tried reproducing this bug as a server first, but I noticed that it's only clientside. So things still update to playlogs, etc.

The second bug being the last 3 letters disappearing from a scoring player's name on the HUD and in the chat. I just noticed that every time I scored, my name would miss those 3 letters for a fraction of a second, but since nomovement is turned on, at the end of the game it never restores. This also seems to be a clientside bug, since my name was stable while playing as the server.

So, doing nomovement off after will restore the name, and update the score. Not kinda big deals, although it may be problematic when players need to take screenshots when the game finishes, where the names are broken and there might be problems deciding whether the last score should count or not. Also the bugs appear alike to all clients, whether they are spectating or not.

master sven
Apr 11, 2015, 12:14 PM
I play JJ2 with dutch language settings.
When I kill someone it shows me: You roosterde ****
If you don't wanna do some translating I suggest you change those texts to english completely, because atm its half english and half dutch.

cooba
Apr 11, 2015, 12:15 PM
We want all text exclusive to JJ2+ to be translate-able, but it's going to take some time to implement.

XxMoNsTeRXM
Apr 12, 2015, 01:22 AM
Pole bugs:

You can understand the bug here:
http://i.imgur.com/bducRWT.png

And here sometimes when you use springs you can go through any part of the pole:
http://i.imgur.com/c6biMvr.png

Primpy
Apr 12, 2015, 01:24 AM
Pole bugs:

You can understand the bug here:
http://i.imgur.com/bducRWT.png

And here sometimes when you use springs you can go through any part of the pole:
http://i.imgur.com/c6biMvr.png

I don't think this bug should be fixed at all. It's used by speedrunners and sometimes can be very helpful.

AvalancheMaster
Apr 12, 2015, 01:38 AM
I don't think this bug should be fixed at all. It's used by speedrunners and sometimes can be very helpful.

Yet we fixed Spazz's boss sidekick bug. It should be fixed, as it quite often breaks levels and makes poles useless. This is a bug.

Violet CLM
Apr 12, 2015, 02:36 AM
are those JJ2+ bugs or just JJ2?

Primpy
Apr 12, 2015, 03:17 AM
Yet we fixed Spazz's boss sidekick bug. It should be fixed, as it quite often breaks levels and makes poles useless. This is a bug.

The boss sidekick bug was fixed? I feel sorry for the speedrunners.
I still have no idea how to do it, lmao.

JJ2 bugs. Is that a rhetorical question?

XxMoNsTeRXM
Apr 12, 2015, 07:55 AM
We want all text exclusive to JJ2+ to be translate-able, but it's going to take some time to implement. Well, the ability to have more languages without modifying other languages would be useful for some people, for example I make a Romanian.j2s and I do not rename to Dutch.j2s or anything else, and it simply appears in the language menu, and you can put the language on download on j2o, and others who don't know english very well can use it. ;)

Well my little brother found that while playing a single player episode on JJ2+

Treylina
Apr 12, 2015, 08:42 AM
The boss sidekick bug was fixed? I feel sorry for the speedrunners.

They can always use vanilla JJ2. After all they're only the default levels. I don't like bugs that defeat the point of something, and that added trouble to level designers to make boss sidekick spam (which sucks out all the challenge) unusable.

The boss sidekick spam trick is pretty easy to perform. Get hurt once, be at the boss, then hold on the down + jump button.

Being able to go through poles has always been a JJ2 bug.

Violet CLM
Apr 12, 2015, 10:06 AM
It's not a rhetorical question, because this is the <em>JJ2+</em> bug reports thread.

Stijn
Apr 12, 2015, 10:43 AM
What would be the best place to report JJ2 bugs yet unfixed by plus?

Violet CLM
Apr 12, 2015, 10:50 AM
Anywhere else. Really I'd like to see a public issue tracker (like we have on GitHub but not restricted to contributors, so people can submit stuff), but everyone's been too busy with the bash since release to set something up.

Primpy
Apr 12, 2015, 11:52 AM
Could be this thread renamed "JJ2 and JJ2+ bug reports"? It would be pointless to create another thread dedicated to bug reporting.

Violet CLM
Apr 12, 2015, 01:32 PM
Why? JJ2+ bug reports are good to get so that we can fix what we broke. JJ2 bugs have been around for a long time and are not new, not important, or both.

Seren
Apr 12, 2015, 02:10 PM
There's no need to report vanilla JJ2 bugs. That's already been done.

Vegito
Apr 13, 2015, 02:16 AM
I've noticed a bug while flying with a copter. If you grab a copter and fly all the way to the *.0/1 tile, you will be able to fly through walls. Example (note my feet in the top center of the screen):

http://oi57.tinypic.com/abhx5k.jpg

I've noticed this for the first time in the bash level Ancient Museum and have managed to quickly recreate it in a self-made level. It especially works well when flying to the left.

Stijn
Apr 13, 2015, 03:23 AM
Why? JJ2+ bug reports are good to get so that we can fix what we broke. JJ2 bugs have been around for a long time and are not new, not important, or both.

There's no need to report vanilla JJ2 bugs. That's already been done.

It's not immediately obvious whether something is a plus or vanilla bug though, and there's no way to check whether a vanilla bug has been reported/noticed/WONTFIXed for someone outside of the development team. In lieu of a proper issue tracker I'd propose having this thread be for any bugs found in the game; if it's a vanilla bug that won't be fixed/is on the todo list, it's easy to write a short reply to that effect.

Jelly Jam
Apr 13, 2015, 03:29 AM
Maybe change the thread name to JJ2(+) bug reports instead.

Violet CLM
Apr 13, 2015, 09:26 AM
It's not immediately obvious whether something is a plus or vanilla bug thoughIt usually is if you have a copy of vanilla JJ2.

Stijn
Apr 13, 2015, 09:45 AM
True. However, there's still the issue that right now there's zero transparency on whether the plus team knows about it and whether they have made a decision about whether to fix it or not, et cetera, unless maybe if you want to spend a night searching through the forums (which is far from foolproof)

Violet CLM
Apr 13, 2015, 10:03 AM
Yes, because you introduced that issue. Again: Any other place is more appropriate for that than this thread. JJ2+ suggestions, JJ2+ general, a new thread about individual bugs, angry notes attached to PayPal gifts, whatever you want. The use of this thread is that it lists things that a) used to work but now don't, which b) makes them reasonably high priorities to address, which c) were specifically broken by the Plus team, which d) increases the chances there'll actually be code in place that could be modified to fix them. None of those things are true for vanilla bugs.

Love & Thunder
Apr 18, 2015, 07:08 AM
Someone whispered me a ◄ symbol and it crashed me out of the server. The message was invisible ingame, but visible in the chatlog.

Apparently, the guy might have been using an older version of Plus to send the message.

Jelly Jam
Apr 18, 2015, 08:08 AM
Someone whispered me a ◄ symbol and it crashed me out of the server. The message was invisible ingame, but visible in the chatlog.

Apparently, the guy might have been using an older version of Plus to send the message.
Yep I know who you're talking about.

XxMoNsTeRXM
Apr 19, 2015, 03:23 AM

Yes somebody did that to me too.
And I crashed too.

Treylina
Apr 19, 2015, 08:19 AM

Did it happen in one of the Puke servers (that is still 4.3)? Or a 5.0 server? That to say its a legitimate problem either way.

Jelly Jam
Apr 19, 2015, 08:57 AM
Did it happen in one of the Puke servers (that is still 4.3)? Or a 5.0 server? That to say its a legitimate problem either way.
It happened on puke battle.

Violet CLM
Apr 19, 2015, 10:45 AM
I'd be surprised if they got whispered to in a 4.3 server.

Love & Thunder
Apr 20, 2015, 03:46 PM
Happened on a Puke server for me, too.

Kyro
Apr 22, 2015, 01:37 AM
[15:54:50] *** LazarusCDF joined the game
[15:54:51] Overtime!
[15:54:51] *** Next flag score WINS!
[15:54:51] 2 minutes left...
[15:54:52] LazarusCDF whispers: x
[15:55:01] *** LoxLD joined the game
[15:55:02] *** PavlusCDF joined the game
[15:55:02] LoxLD whispers:

It caused the crash of Camel Alpha server.

ShakerNL
Jun 17, 2015, 06:34 PM
I have disabled whispering for a while now in all Puke Nuk3m servers. People used it to spam victims as well through it.

Borgia
Jun 19, 2015, 12:09 AM
The new plus changed Electroblaster and Pepperspray PU's, right? EB becomes blue when powered up, Pepperspray has a larger, white projectile when powered up. Both of these are suddenly 'gone' in normal Single Player, and if I remember correctly it used to be 'around' in that gamemode.

Edit: oh, now it suddenly works again. Odd.

Slaz
Sep 2, 2015, 02:54 AM
I came across a strange module error. I was playing some Devres until the 2nd level of Episode 2 that plays Neve.s3m (http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads/files/1955/neve.s3m/info/) as it's music file. I didn't hear any music, so I first checked the volume and that JJ2+ recognized the music file in F9 info. Everything's alright. Then I redownloaded the file, still no good. Lastly I played the file in vanilla JJ2 et voila, there's beautiful music!

The track in question is from Unreal Mission Pack, utilizing the buggy Galaxy just like Vanilla JJ2. Does bass.dll interpret something in it so different that no sound can be heard at all?

Stijn
Sep 2, 2015, 03:17 AM
Works fine for me...

Seren
Sep 2, 2015, 04:01 AM
Your version of bass.dll library might be faulty. Try upgrading (http://www.un4seen.com/).

Slaz
Sep 2, 2015, 04:32 AM
I tried the latest version of bass.dll provided there (2.4.11.0), still no luck.

I also tried removing bass.dll altogether, and even JJ2+ plays the music file alright. So it got to be related to bass.dll somehow.

Any more ideas as of why this may happen?

Treylina
Sep 2, 2015, 07:30 AM
Maybe the module itself is faulty with bass.dll? There can be several versions of the same music. I don't think redownloading from the same source would work.

Slaz
Sep 3, 2015, 05:42 AM
Maybe the module itself is faulty with bass.dll? There can be several versions of the same music. I don't think redownloading from the same source would work.
Yes, that appears to be it! I just opened the original file from Unreal in MPTrack and saved a new .s3m file that works.

Could someone re-download Neve.s3m from Devres Episode 2 on J2O and open it in TSF+ to see if it's not just faulty for me?

SaVn
Nov 3, 2015, 09:47 AM
I am using the JJ2+ 5.1, I found some bugs:

-In episodes JJ2 (not those of HomeCookedLevels) when the next level will be "ending" "end" "endepis", so exits error "Divide by Zero";
-The event "stop enemy" doesn't work;
-when the player enters in the event "Horizontal pole", it is launched as the cannon but doesn't go on the diagonals.
-If the player dies from the boss, instead of loading the music level, charge the music of event "Active Boss".

With 800x600 resolution I found some bugs With this resolution:
-Don't show stars in TexturedBG activated;
-when the player loses all lives in SinglePlayer, the game will crash;

Someone can fix these bugs this JJ2 + 5.1? Please?

keiya
Nov 18, 2015, 02:32 PM
Since I can't post new threads I guess this is the least-wrong place?

I can't set JJ2+ to use the dpad on my controller instead of the stick. It's a Wii U gamepad, using the Mayflash adapter so it appears as a 360 controller.

Also it seems weird that TSF is at the top and HH98 is below home-cooked levels but maybe that's just me setting things up in a weird way I dunno.

Treylina
Nov 18, 2015, 03:15 PM
I can't set JJ2+ to use the dpad on my controller instead of the stick. It's a Wii U gamepad, using the Mayflash adapter so it appears as a 360 controller.

Yeah, I found that out ages ago. I posted an issue long ago on github that we need better modern controller support.

Seren
Nov 18, 2015, 09:58 PM
Funny should you mention this instance of episode order. Episode files contain information about their position on the list, and The Secret Files episode is actually nearer to the bottom according to it, but JJ2 TSF has a special exception in the code that forces this one episode onto the top of the list by overriding its actual position. I don't know what happened there, I wouldn't be surprised if it were a piece of leftover debug code meant to make testing faster, but while rewriting the episode list I came to conclusion everybody is used to it by now and it won't hurt to keep it.

Love & Thunder
Nov 19, 2015, 12:49 AM
Maybe you could make it a plus option?

Also, out of curiosity, what is its position supposed to be?

Violet CLM
Nov 19, 2015, 10:27 AM
Maybe you could make it a plus option?No.

Borgia
Nov 24, 2015, 02:19 AM
Don't know if this is a JJ2+ bug, but anyway:

When I play in Single Player, and defeat the boss in Loose Screws, Marinated Rabbit, Hare Scare and Bad Pitt, the game does not move on to the next level/episode (or in the case of Devan, the high score list), but crashes with the following message:

"Jazz Jackrabbit 2 has performed a Divide by Zero at address 6D20AE34h" (or 6740AE34h)

Any help with this? It doesn't occur with the Queen, Turtle and Bubba bosses.

Treylina
Nov 24, 2015, 06:59 AM
Looks like it's an episode cycle bug. If you jjnext any last level of any episode, you get the same result. So I don't think it's anything to do with the bosses themselves.

Definitely a plus bug.

Darkhog
Nov 25, 2015, 06:07 PM
Yeah, JJ2+ bug 100%, my recently found (thought it was lost during a move) copy of JJ2 TSF works fine (tested by jjnexting as I never was able to even beat Queen).

DennisKainz
Dec 20, 2015, 06:20 AM
tested by jjnexting as I never was able to even beat Queen.

Couldn't defeat the Queen? Then you shouldn't have lived in the 80's. You wouldn't have made it past any game back then.

The Queen IS hard to defeat in Turbo mode. I lost 3 lives before defeating her. But the 80's games were even worse.

Try playing on Easy.

EDIT: Found another sort of bug. When playing QoB levels with 1.23+, the background appears transparent, while in JJ2 TSF it appeared opaque black.

SmokeNC
Jan 8, 2016, 02:40 AM
If the host of the server and the boss die at the same time in coop, the server crashes. (For the host the screen appears as Jazz swimming in black void and for the other players the game gets stuck at the cycling screen)

Blaze The Movie Fan
Mar 27, 2016, 10:22 AM
I understand that fixing these bugs could be hard, but they need to be fixed immediately.

The boss music occurs instead of the music of the level when you die at a boss fight and start from the beginning or the last checkpoint.
During the "continued" screen, when you click "continue" the game crashes.
When you're done with an episode of the main game, the game crashes.
Sometimes the save files get corrupt for no reason.

I'm sorry if you guys are already aware of these bugs, and are trying to fix them but can't. But I am seriously considering using the regular Jazz Jackrabbit 2, and stop with Jazz Jackrabbit 2+ unless the level itself requires it.

Violet CLM
Mar 27, 2016, 12:18 PM
During the "continued" screen, when you click "continue" the game crashes.
Are you referring to the crash <q>Jazz Jackrabbit 2 signaled the following internal error: Could not find the file "***********.j2l"</q> here or something else?

Blaze The Movie Fan
Mar 27, 2016, 01:34 PM
Are you referring to the crash <q>Jazz Jackrabbit 2 signaled the following internal error: Could not find the file "***********.j2l"</q> here or something else?

This is the error message:

http://i.imgur.com/DrOq4zQ.png

ShakerNL
Apr 20, 2016, 02:44 PM
I seem to have trouble getting my server online since the new plus version (5.2).

[00:43:03] ShakerNL[ini]: /list
[00:43:03] >> Attempting to list server...
[00:43:03] >> Server failed to list

Edit: OK, tested hosting from my laptop and that seems to work fine. I'll try to find out what's wrong.

Edit 2: This problem seems to occur only when I host a server by starting JJ2 through command line argument ("-server" at the target field in the shortcut). When I host a server through the "traditional" way, via the JJ2 menu, that problem doesn't exist.

Note: joining the server through LAN while it can't list seems to work fine, so it probably shouldn't be a connection issue.

FireSworD
Apr 20, 2016, 06:11 PM
5.2 has affected certain levels: The background in Twin Stalactites is now screwed up.

Superjazz
Apr 21, 2016, 01:20 PM
5.2 has affected certain levels: The background in Twin Stalactites is now screwed up.

Could you explain how?

Stijn
Apr 21, 2016, 02:14 PM
This might be it:

[09:20:17] Bill: I think I figured out the problem
[09:20:49] Bill: it seems the game will no longer correctly draw translucent tiles that have been pixelmapped

Violet CLM
Apr 23, 2016, 01:09 PM
The sources of Shaker and FS's reports have been found and will be addressed in 5.3.

ShakerNL
Apr 27, 2016, 08:56 AM
http://www.pukenukem.com/jcffail.png

Syntax
Apr 27, 2016, 09:30 AM
I am having the opposite problem Shaker is having. I am unable to delist my server. Whenever I try to delist, the chatlog confirms it, but then the game immediately relists it. Tested on two different machines. This was not a problem in 5.1.

Violet CLM
Apr 27, 2016, 10:06 AM
Yes, both <code>/list</code> and <code>/delist</code> are completely broken. Every single command in the game was rewritten for 5.2 (some more trivially than others), and it appears we missed checking those two.

Shaker: Unfortunately It's hard to impossible to say what might have caused that without more information. Do you have any scripts running? Particularly those that might edit <code>jjPLAYER::spriteMode</code>, <code>jjPLAYER::spriteParam</code>, <code>jjPLAYER::lightType</code>, <code>jjPLAYER::light</code>, or <code>jjPLAYER::antiGrav</code>?

ShakerNL
Apr 28, 2016, 07:24 AM
Timeban is broken...

[17:23:49] ShakerNL[3]: /ban 5s 9
[17:23:49] >> Error: Ban duration must be between 5 seconds and 30 days
[17:23:52] ShakerNL[3]: /ban 5m 9
[17:23:52] >> Error: Ban duration must be between 5 seconds and 30 days
[17:23:53] ShakerNL[3]: /ban 5h 9
[17:23:53] >> Error: Ban duration must be between 5 seconds and 30 days
[17:23:56] ShakerNL[3]: /ban 5d 9
[17:23:56] >> Error: Ban duration must be between 5 seconds and 30 days

Syntax
Apr 28, 2016, 08:55 PM
Got it!

Superjazz
May 8, 2016, 04:07 AM
Seems like certain music files break in my latest plus. So far I encountered only one though, neve.s3m. I tried to play other s3m files in the game as well but they worked fine, so this one seems quite random.

I never had any problem like this in the previous versions. Anyone else care to try?

More details: The problem exists in both 1.23 and TSF, both in single-player and online play.

Treylina
May 8, 2016, 05:49 AM
Seems like certain music files break in my latest plus. So far I encountered only one though, neve.s3m. I tried to play other s3m files in the game as well but they worked fine, so this one seems quite random.

I never had any problem like this in the previous versions. Anyone else care to try?

More details: The problem exists in both 1.23 and TSF, both in single-player and online play.

I remember people mentioning this before. The music file is probably broken when run with bass.dll. Download a different version of neve.s3m. Worked for others.

Superjazz
May 14, 2016, 03:13 AM
I remember people mentioning this before. The music file is probably broken when run with bass.dll. Download a different version of neve.s3m. Worked for others.

Could you give a link to one that works?

Treylina
May 14, 2016, 06:45 AM
Could you give a link to one that works?

http://modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_by_moduleid&query=74810

Haven't tested it, but try renaming it to neve.s3m.

Superjazz
May 15, 2016, 02:52 AM
http://modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_by_moduleid&query=74810

Haven't tested it, but try renaming it to neve.s3m.

No luck. :(

Treylina
May 15, 2016, 07:14 AM
No luck. :(

Then you should report it to un4seen.com forums, the guy behind bass.dll.

I use an old 2008 version of bass.dll, because the newer versions seemed to have messed up the output quality on some tracks (and no one noticed but me. My hearing must be too good.).

It will also run neve.s3m fine. So yeah, try the old version here: http://www.filedropper.com/oldbass

EDIT: Okay, So I've tried the 2013 and 2016 edition of bass.dll via load music file, and I have no problem...Maybe its to do with the massive scope of that level itself and plus not supporting it well? idk. So uhh, try this too: http://www.filedropper.com/neve

Superjazz
May 15, 2016, 04:35 PM
Neither that version of neve.s3m worked for me until I replaced my bass.dll with the older one. That proves my point right. Thanks for help. :)

Jelly Jam
Oct 26, 2016, 03:25 PM
Reviving this thread. I was just trying out the local play splitscreen and whenever i reach the button for treasure hunt I get an access violation. Anybody else got the same problem? This is with the new plus, I havent tried the non-plus version.
Yes, it says he did not try it out in normal JJ2, but can you still see if there's a problem here? If it's a vanilla bug, might as well count this as a suggestion to fix it.

Seren
Oct 26, 2016, 04:30 PM
It's probably one of the occasional leftover buffer overflows that occur in 800&times;600. Can be walked around by using a smaller resolution during the selection.

Darkhog
Oct 27, 2016, 05:05 AM
Couldn't those buffers be increased so they won't overflow?

Violet CLM
Oct 27, 2016, 08:30 AM
Working on it. It's not always immediately clear which buffer is at fault, but we do have a theory in this case.

Darkhog
Oct 27, 2016, 12:08 PM
I see. Yeah, without access to sources fixing such mistakes is very hard. It's hard even when you have access to sources.

I'm glad there are great managed framework to develop games currently, such as Monogame or LOVE and engines built around managed languages (Unity, Leadwerks) so when developing new games we don't have to worry about such issues anymore. Kinda sad Cliff and co didn't have access to such resources when they were developing Jazz 2. I wish they were.

Simon
Apr 3, 2017, 04:44 PM
JJ2+ 5.4 (2016-12-07) applied to JJ2 1.23, no TSF, in Wine.

Start singleplayer with Jazz on Medium, beat the queen. Before the level fades out, bounce on the leftmost red spring, face left. Wait for the gem-counting screen, this makes you stand inside the spring. After the score counter, the screen turns black.

Expected: Jazz runs off the black screen, then the next level loads.

Observed: Next level loads without any run-off animation in between.

Issue captured during livestream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/133209225?t=05h15m46s

Violet CLM
Apr 3, 2017, 05:34 PM
Curious! I might know what's going on there but then again I might not. Thanks for the report.

Simon
Apr 9, 2017, 01:05 PM
JJ2+ 5.4 (2016-12-07) applied to JJ2 1.23, no TSF, in Wine.

Final singleplayer level as Jazz on Medium. Have TNT. Have Devan at the left edge of the screen, spread out TNT under the left island. There is a chance that Devan gets knocked out of bounds by the TNT explosion. You can still hit him with electro-blasters. Once you run out of electro-blasters, the stage is softlocked.

Expected: Devan should stay within the arena at all times? At least no softlock.

I'm not sure what vanilla does. WolfyJawa believes that he got something similar like this once in vanilla, but he's not sure what exactly it was, or whether it was a problem.

Issue again on livestream vod: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/134521175?t=34m15s I manage to hit Devan with the electro-blaster.

-- Simon

cooba
Apr 9, 2017, 01:59 PM
Devan acts exactly the same in vanilla.

Jelly Jam
Apr 9, 2017, 02:18 PM
while playing QoB, the menu background was transparent. This doesn't happen in regular JJ2 so why is that?

Primpy
Nov 30, 2017, 10:03 AM
I don't know if anyone noticed this bug before but...

After playing a SP level on Turbo difficulty, the "Turbo effect" carries over multiplayer, by that I mean you can't spam the shoot button.

Darkhog
Nov 30, 2017, 10:58 AM
I have a bug report to fill. I'm using GoG version, not sure if it happens in non-gog one, but it might. Really weird bug.

So here's a thing: The game doesn't launch in fullscreen (well it does for a split second, then switch to window). The plain JJ2 (without Plus!) is going full screen properly so my gpu/monitor definitely supports 640x480 (would be really angry if it wasn't... since I play a lot of RPG Maker games, lol).

That wouldn't be a problem, just use the -fullscreen parameter, right? Wrong!

When I make the shortcut to JJ2+ with -fullscreen parameter, it works for exactly 1 time. After that, when I relaunch the game, it forces back to window. This makes any shortcut I make one-time use only. Lel.

There is no option to set fullscreen, either in the game itself or JJ2+ window menus.

//edit: It's a little bit more complex than that, the -fullscreen parameter is sometimes recognized, sometimes isn't, seemingly at random.

Violet CLM
Dec 6, 2017, 03:06 PM
Hey all, we're now tracking bugs in a dedicated JJ2+ Issue Tracker forum! (https://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/forumdisplay.php?f=49) Giving each bug its own separate topic makes it a lot easier for us to keep track of what's going on, and hopefully it should be easier for you too. We're not going to reply to every single thread, but if you post in there, we'll definitely see it. Please help us fill up that forum with lots of juicy bugs, and don't hold back just because you think surely we already know about something... you might be surprised how many bugs we only get informed about long after everyone else already knows!