PDA

View Full Version : An UNniversary bash

Treylina
Apr 18, 2015, 11:36 AM
Missed out on the Anniversary bash? Well, join the not-so-annual UNniversary bash!

It's some "event" where I host a bunch of the bash lists throughout the ages, whichever ones I can get. I may sneak in some DCTF and custom battle modes (LRS, TB, Roast tag etc) in as well.

I won't be around all the time however, so I'll throw admin priviledges to some people. From a wide range of timezones so someone is always there. Spectating is allowed. I ask that if you're going to idle, you should spectate, as kickidlers will be enabled.

It should take place somewhere next week, starting Saturday, May the 2nd. If that doesn't sound like a good date, you can negotiate here. At max, it will last two days, though it may stop at intervals when I need to go to sleep, or I can get someone else to host instead.

So, take yourself on this metaphorical time machine and join the UNniversary bash!

I'll find what levellists I can, later (I will post them too).

Jelly Jam
Apr 18, 2015, 11:50 AM
Since i missed 15 anniversary bashes, i'll be joining this! =)

Primpy
Apr 18, 2015, 02:00 PM
Interesting... I'm in!

XxMoNsTeRXM
Apr 18, 2015, 10:47 PM
Since i missed 15 anniversary bashes, i'll be joining this! =)
I missed 16 anniversary bashes :(

AvalancheMaster
Apr 19, 2015, 08:52 AM
I've never, ever, ever played multiplayer. I'm sure I'll suck.

You accept newbs?

Jelly Jam
Apr 19, 2015, 08:56 AM
I've never, ever, ever played multiplayer. I'm sure I'll suck.

You accept newbs?
Well it's just for fun and to hang out with people :D
I've never seen anniversary bashes as competitive stuff.

Treylina
Apr 19, 2015, 11:06 AM
Well it's just for fun and to hang out with people :D
I've never seen anniversary bashes as competitive stuff.

Yeah. They're casual events. Everyone, good and poorly skilled is welcome.

Treylina
Apr 25, 2015, 05:55 AM
Eh well, other things had taken over my mind this week (mainly real life stuff, and the ISP change). I hadn't prepared the levellist, so I will delay it by a week, to the 2nd of May 2015.

Jelly Jam
Apr 25, 2015, 06:05 AM
Hf to everyone who's participating!

Treylina
Apr 25, 2015, 07:02 AM
This event hasn't started. I delayed it.

In other news, I can't seem to find the first and second bash lists. There's possibly more, though they are the first ones that come to mind. With the inconsistent numbering system, it makes it inconvenient to know which ones are missing from J2O and whatnot.

PsychoURCT
Apr 25, 2015, 07:24 AM
do you guys have like a link or information about how to it to work on a new pc.
I've not played this in over 15 years I think.

Stijn
Apr 25, 2015, 08:23 AM
This event hasn't started. I delayed it.

In other news, I can't seem to find the first and second bash lists. There's possibly more, though they are the first ones that come to mind. With the inconsistent numbering system, it makes it inconvenient to know which ones are missing from J2O and whatnot.

The numbering system is now no longer inconsistent

Psycho: I don't think you should have much trouble running it on new PCs, as far as I know everything should just work out of the box (though don't forget to apply the 1.23 (http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads/572/jazz-jackrabbit-2-123-registered-patch/) and JJ2+ (http://www.jazz2online.com/jj2plus) patches)

cooba
Apr 25, 2015, 08:37 AM
Also, don't use full screen mode if you're on Windows 8.

fukmaylife
Apr 25, 2015, 10:43 AM
Cool

VashTheStampede
Apr 25, 2015, 05:18 PM
I'm in. Already set May 2nd on google calendar. it will yell at me to play.

PsychoURCT
Apr 27, 2015, 01:46 AM
The numbering system is now no longer inconsistent

Psycho: I don't think you should have much trouble running it on new PCs, as far as I know everything should just work out of the box (though don't forget to apply the 1.23 (http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads/572/jazz-jackrabbit-2-123-registered-patch/) and JJ2+ (http://www.jazz2online.com/jj2plus) patches)

I tried to apply the patch but it says it cannot find the game.
I put the patch in the folder where I installed jj2 tsf. The version of the game is 1.24 I found it somewhere from an oldgame website. But I can't get the patch to work.

I also tried to apply jj+ but that also did not work because it says LK Avalon not supported. I dunno where else to get proper version of the game from because back in the day I played it from my a Twilight if you can remember those.

Violet CLM
Apr 27, 2015, 10:48 AM
You can't apply the 1.23 patch to 1.24, because 4 is greater than 3.

Treylina
Apr 30, 2015, 11:50 AM
I PMed Shadow about the old bash list matters a couple of days ago (one and two), but still no response. So it appears I will simply organise the list with what I currently can get in the meantime, and will add the missing levels if I get a response and some way to access them.

Stijn
Apr 30, 2015, 02:42 PM
If there's any levels you really can't find, let me know, I'll probably have them somewhere.

Treylina
Apr 30, 2015, 05:36 PM
Poll time! I didn't want to create a separate thread for this (and it's relevant), so I made a strawpoll instead.

http://strawpoll.me/4247037

Basically, should I skip duplicates? My reason is that from bash3 to bash4, many of the same battle levels are used again. However, even if I do skip duplicates, different versions of levels (providing they are different enough gameplay-wise) will be kept.

...And bash4 replaces the custom music CTF levels with default music....Boooring. I will put their corresponding original music files back.

Treylina
May 1, 2015, 09:57 AM
Since the majority wanted to skipped duplicates or didn't care, the obvious choice is taken.

After gruelling hours of organising non-stop, the lists are finally done. There are 244 battle levels and 246 CTF levels.

cooba
May 1, 2015, 12:20 PM
Good work!

Treylina
May 2, 2015, 06:36 AM
It's up! Starting with CTF. The levellist is in chronological order.

Also it turns out I had forgotten to put the ab17 CTF levels. So now it adds up to 261.

Treylina
May 2, 2015, 04:01 PM
Sorry for double post. Just updating on what's going on.

The event was a...moderate success. Despite not going through the entire list, we'll be going to battle tomorrow for a change. Also, I really need to fix up the CTF list which has some big mistakes in it. I'll likely return to CTF the day after. In other words, the event is extended, as I underestimated the time it would take to go through the entire list.

VashTheStampede
May 4, 2015, 12:23 PM
Stupid work keeping me away

Treylina
May 4, 2015, 02:28 PM
Update time:

Yet again I keep underestimating the time it takes to reach all the maps. Today was CTF and we got up to the middle of ab12, probably because I started later than usual. At this point, I will expect this to last another 4 days.

Tomorrow will be battle.

Treylina
May 5, 2015, 02:23 PM
Due to lack of interest, I am closing this "event" early. There's no point in hosting this anymore, if the most I ever get at once is 5 players (and most of the time being 2 players). Unless some people can convince me to host the rest next weekend, I am done with this.

The next UNniversary will likely be next year during summer (when people are the least busy), if no JDC is running and if I get enough people interested (I will create a poll). Unlike this one, it would be hosted on a dedicated server though.

I will be uploading the AB1/2 packs to J2O for historic purposes, however.

I confess, this felt like a waste of time for the most part. Sorry.

Love & Thunder
May 5, 2015, 03:35 PM
I would have joined, but I either didn't know when it was up, or I was busy(Although, the former was my fault for not looking hard enough). In any case, I'd definitely be interested in a future UNiversary Bash.

ShadowGPW
May 5, 2015, 11:07 PM
ugh, forgot about it.. extremely busy times for me.

Slaz
May 6, 2015, 12:17 AM
I played for a while on 2 evenings, both had CTF up. To me, most fun came from remembering older levels and discussing them with fellow bashers.

SAMI
May 6, 2015, 01:59 AM
Played only one day. Was and still busy for exams going on. But it was fun, looking forward for next year bash.

Stijn
May 6, 2015, 02:01 AM
I enjoyed it while I was there, but there's always gonna be dry spells on a multi-day event that isn't the "actual" Bash (and even the actual Bash is no stranger to empty servers). Maybe using a dedicated server next time could make it less demanding on you personally, and maybe planning it later in the year (e.g. 6 months after the Anniversary Bash) would draw more interested people.

Treylina
May 6, 2015, 07:22 AM
I enjoyed it while I was there, but there's always gonna be dry spells on a multi-day event that isn't the "actual" Bash (and even the actual Bash is no stranger to empty servers). Maybe using a dedicated server next time could make it less demanding on you personally, and maybe planning it later in the year (e.g. 6 months after the Anniversary Bash) would draw more interested people.

I didn't expect it to always have players, just that even the peak amount was pretty low, and only lasted for like 15 minutes.

But I think the plan for the next years one (in July/August with a dedicated server) will fix most of the issues.