PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite JJ2+ 5.0 changes

Seren
May 14, 2015, 04:17 AM
I recall there was a J2O poll for 4.0 but tons changed since then and as a JJ2+ developer myself, 5.0 being the first version I had major input in, I'm fairly interested in feedback. We certainly know what you dislike about the newest release because we can always count on hearing back about that, but positive opinions are useful for self-esteem, so I'd like to find out what your favorite features and bug fixes are as well. The poll allows multiple choices because I thought it may be hard to decide on only one, but preferably try to select less than half of the available options (up to 5) or your vote will not be very useful.

XxMoNsTeRXM
May 14, 2015, 04:37 AM
Mutators:

Very good and useful!

-----------------------

New network-oriented...

Very good and useful

----------------------

New visual scripting...

Haven't really used it that much, but from what I see this feature is very good and useful.

--------------------------

Other new scripting features...

Very good and useful.

----------------------------

Support for up to 4 teams

This is a very good feature!

---------------------------

Head Hunters mode...

Very good feature!

--------------------------

Real /nomovement

Meh...

------------------------

Better support for frog and bird characters

Meh...

------------------------

Greatly extended limits of sprites...

Very good and useful!

-------------------------

Home Cooked Levels menu makeover

Very good and very very useful!

-----------------------------

New event options (gem rings...)

Very good and useful!

---------------------------------

Visual changes and plus.j2a sprites...

Very good!!!

------------------------------

Treylina
May 14, 2015, 07:43 AM
I'm alone on better frog/bird support. ;(

I will make scripted levels for them, to make it worth it. Not many can see the potential if there's no proper demonstration (JJMORPH in random levels does not count).

Violet CLM
May 14, 2015, 12:26 PM
I like that it begins with a 5 now

Primpy
May 14, 2015, 12:58 PM
I didn't notice that it is a multiple choices poll, I wanted to vote for bird and frog improvements as well.

Love & Thunder
May 14, 2015, 04:03 PM
To be honest, there's not a single change I don't like in this release, but I think Mutators and the network scripting stuff are just a cut above the rest.

The other scripting stuff is also great, but the network thing is the most important thing IMO.

SAMI
May 15, 2015, 12:29 AM
The best thing for me in this version is the rabbit corps. Dream became true atlast.

DennisKainz
May 15, 2015, 03:27 AM
The new command line I appreciated the most of all is jjUseLayer8Speeds. I've been yearning for that feature for ages!