PDA

View Full Version : Jazz 2 Resolution Changer

Bartjaah
Jun 18, 2015, 05:51 AM
Hi,

I've found several topics here about chaning the resolution of JJ2. I DON'T CARE that some of you consider it cheating. Let me explain why I want to use this.

I'd love to play Jazz Jackrabbit 2 in a widescreen resolution (1280x720 or even 1920x1080 if possible, but I think I prefer 720 because of spoilers). This because I'd like to make professional game recordings of the campaign episodes (and maybe some custom/fan made episodes) and place them on a high resolution with 60fps on youtube.

Before recording, I'm planning to edit some of the levels first so you can't see the edges of the map.

So. Can someone help me get this game widescreen? It's not for cheating purposes, just to record the gameplay in a great resolution.

Bart.

Primpy
Jun 18, 2015, 09:31 AM
I agree with you. A higher resolution would be great.

cooba
Jun 18, 2015, 12:16 PM
There's no way the current* resolution changer will handle such high resolutions without ugly artifacts or just plain crashing.

Not to mention it only supports 4:3 resolutions.

Violet CLM
Jun 18, 2015, 12:18 PM
Partial list of things that are not coded to be drawn at higher resolutions:
Tiles
Textured backgrounds
Lighting
Water
Menus

Bartjaah
Jun 18, 2015, 03:44 PM
So it's a no to that?

umisery
Nov 29, 2022, 04:39 PM
You can get it arbitrarily running at higher resolutions using wrappers like dgVoodoo2, although the game's internal resolution will still be 800x600 the game window can be higher. Here's JJ2 at 4K: https://i.imgur.com/JKZimOe.png

Slaz
Nov 30, 2022, 03:11 AM
JJ2+ supports 800x450 windowed and fullscreen, that's already a 16:9 aspect so you should look into upscaling that.

Some video drivers and monitor combinations have decent built-in scaling, so that it produces sharp pixels rather than 'fuzziness' which is generally desired nowadays.