PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Jackrabbit CD bug...

MasterRyu
Jun 26, 2015, 07:54 PM
Did Epic ever release a patch to fix the bouncers that make that one section of "Orbitus Level 2" extremely difficult to pass? I know there's supposedly a fan-made patch floating around, but I'm curious if there was ever an official patch to change the level to the non-CD state.

Violet CLM
Jun 26, 2015, 09:22 PM
lol nope

Love & Thunder
Jun 26, 2015, 11:10 PM
^ 8/8, gr8 post m8.

Anyway, there's no official patch for CD, and to be honest, the patch someone put up on J2O makes it too easy. I personally just fix it manually via J1E when necessary(Although I remember passing it unpatched once).

MasterRyu
Jun 27, 2015, 04:04 PM
^ 8/8, gr8 post m8.

Anyway, there's no official patch for CD, and to be honest, the patch someone put up on J2O makes it too easy. I personally just fix it manually via J1E when necessary(Although I remember passing it unpatched once).

Yeah, I just passed that level unpatched for the first time in the almost 20 years I've owned the full game last night, it of course involved toggling slow motion and some dumb luck. I don't understand how they could let such an obvious bug slide, should have released a quick fix onto a BBS somewhere or something. Playing on Hard, the game isn't exactly a cakewalk to begin with, but that was without a doubt the most frustrating sequence I've ever encountered in my ~25 years of gaming.

DoubleGJ
Jun 29, 2015, 01:04 AM
hotfixes weren't really a thing back in 1994, but I agree that someone made a huge mistake by letting this issue slip by

when I played the game for the first time I would just use cheats at this part to pass it with a hoverboard and it STILL took me a good few tries

Slaz
Jun 29, 2015, 03:00 AM
I passed this part legitly just once using slowdown mode, and never managed to do it again thereafter. Slowdown (Press T ingame) doesn't make the springs less sensitive or something, but at least gives you more time to perform those tight jumps.

Another Jazz 2 fan
Aug 29, 2015, 11:40 AM
Y'know, I recently decided to replay JJ1CD all the way through, using no cheats. When I was young I always used the cheats so I could get through the levels and experience the game world without dying, and I realized that I had never actually beaten JJ1 legitimately beyond Episode 1.

And then I encountered that part of Orbitus. Yeah... after wasting a ton of time on that glitchy nightmare I gave in and gave myself a hover board to just get past the level. I never even realized that it was actually a bug that didn't exist in the original version of the game! Wonder what changed with the CD release, and why they didn't notice/fix it?

Newspaz
Sep 13, 2015, 05:36 AM
Makes it painfully obvious that Jazz was just Epic's cash machine at the time.

StrikerTheHedgefox
Sep 15, 2015, 04:51 AM
Might be possible to overwrite the bugged level with the working version from the original release.

Love & Thunder
Sep 15, 2015, 11:42 AM
Good point; what exactly was the difference between the two anyway?

StrikerTheHedgefox
Sep 16, 2015, 07:18 AM
If I recall, there's an area you cannot get beyond if you don't use the hoverboard cheat. It's been ages since I last played Jazz CD, so the exact details of the specific area I can't remember.

Love & Thunder
Sep 16, 2015, 10:03 AM
Yeah, I know(And BTW, it is possible, just unfairly difficult), I mean specifically what was changed about the level.