PDA

View Full Version : New Tileset (Unfinished)

Bartjaah
Nov 18, 2015, 05:33 AM
In an hour (or hour and an half) or somewhat I want to show you guys my new tileset. It isn't finished yet. I'll be hosting it in Jazz2 1.23 + and the server will be called "Bartjaah's New Tileset".

Again, it's unfinished, I just want to know what you think of it!

Bart.

Bartjaah
Nov 18, 2015, 07:17 AM
I've been delayed a bit. Give me a bit time, it will be up tonight!

Slaz
Nov 18, 2015, 07:35 AM
I'll try to be there, depending on the time that is. ;)

Bartjaah
Nov 18, 2015, 07:47 AM
I haven't played online for years, I'm now trying to join a server (as a test) but it doesn't show any (error). I opened up my TCP and UDP ports on 10052 to 10054 and I'm running Jazz2 + (latest version) on Jazz 1.23. (Jazz+ Beta v5.1 24-8-2015)

And when hosting:

[17:48:10] >> Server has been disconnected from the list server
[17:48:10] >> Attempting to automatically list server
[17:48:30] >> Server failed to list

I can't figure this out, maybe you have any ideas?

Slaz
Nov 18, 2015, 08:26 AM
Hmm, maybe Windows Firewall is blocking JJ2? You can double check this by entering wf.msc from any Windows command/explorer and see if JJ2(+) is allowed in both incoming and outbound. In standard settings all outbound traffic is allowed, yet all incoming is blocked unless explicitly allowed by prompt.

Under normal circumstances, getting the serverlist and joining servers will work fine on any connection, but playing online or hosting a server at least requires inbound traffic from 10052 UDP to be forwarded to your client. 10052 TCP usually works unforwarded, but forwarding it won't hurt of course. :p

Bartjaah
Nov 18, 2015, 09:16 AM
I'm stuck. Damned. Never had trouble with this. Jazz isn't even in my regedit nor in the wf.msc (so I added it to the wf). I might be running Jazz2 from a folder that isn't installed. When I try to install jazz2 (v1.00)(different location) it gives an error at the end of the installation that it couldn't be add to the register and it reinstalls it again.

Bartjaah
Nov 18, 2015, 09:32 AM
I fixed it, somehow, somewhere within my router. The host is up!

Slaz
Nov 19, 2015, 06:23 AM
Glad it worked! Sorry I've been late to the party yesterday.

But to sum up what I said, the walls and the nifty little details in them look nice, and so are do hooks and cloudy background. The flags may need some shading.

But to really differentiate from, say, Mirrows Kingdom and less similar castle sets you'd have to come up with a subtheme. Violet mentioned a water temple as an idea, I couldn't come up with ideas at the time. Maybe jungle? Oh wait there are plenty of castle/temple sets with jungle themes. Either way, there got to be something that can make your set stand out from the rest!

I'm not a good artist by any means, so for artistic advice I suggest asking Trey's opinion. She joined your server so I'm sure she has her 2 cents. :rolleyes: