PDA

View Full Version : Playtesters needed!

Treylina
Jan 4, 2017, 12:00 PM
Hi, I'm looking to get at least 8 players (and at max - 16) for testing out the latest contest entries (https://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?p=490910). We'll be playing in battle and maybe team battle too.

I haven't decided on a date and time yet, because I need an idea of other peoples free time/days.

I'm not sure who the host will be yet, but it won't be me since my connection is mediocre.

Some requirements;

You need a reliable internet connection. A.K.A No major lag (warpiness)/frequent disconnections.
You're not there to just look at the levels, you're there to play too. Don't worry - if you don't know the level, you'll get a chance to look around.
Don't ragequit. This isn't about winning, it's about seeing how the levels work in practice.
All levels will run for 15-20 minutes each with a maxscore of 15, or 20 if Team battle.
If I get too many willing participants, more skilled players will be priortised, since they know how to exploit maps better.

Edit: Event over. Thanks to all those who played!

Jelly Jam
Jan 5, 2017, 06:55 AM
Is hanging around as a spectator alowed? If you have enough playtesters, that is.

XxMoNsTeRXM
Jan 5, 2017, 11:15 PM
I would like to participate.

SmokeNC
Jan 8, 2017, 11:34 AM
im in

Treylina
Jan 8, 2017, 12:39 PM
Ok, I'm organising a date soon. Just need a few more willing participants. Hopefully I can get this running next weekend.

Love & Thunder
Jan 9, 2017, 11:35 AM
I can't do Sunday, and I'll have to know a starting time to be sure, but I should be able to attend. However, here's a word of warning: I suck.

Jelly Jam
Jan 9, 2017, 12:53 PM
Don't worry, nobody really cares to be good at battle today... except Jety.
Besides, you just have to know the basic weapon tactics, such as shooting bouncers down holes or diagonal paths, shooting RF while running through horizontal passages, and that one seeker is not enough if ya really want to kill an enemy. And of course, camp power ups.

Treylina
Jan 9, 2017, 08:13 PM
I've decided on Saturday. Not sure on the exact time yet, but probably 8.00pm or 7:00pm GMT.

Love & Thunder
Jan 10, 2017, 02:18 AM
It's possible I won't be able to make it until 8, but that sounds good.

Love & Thunder
Jan 10, 2017, 12:46 PM
Turns out I can't actually make Saturday.
Sorry about that. I have a thing I can't cancel. :(

My sister is willing to join for it, though.

Slaz
Jan 11, 2017, 02:00 AM
I can likely make saturday depending on the time. Somewhere near the evening would suit best I think.

Treylina
Jan 12, 2017, 11:11 AM
I announce that the playtesting will begin on 7:30pm GMT, Saturday.

Slaz
Jan 13, 2017, 12:45 AM
Great, expect me to be there. ;)

XxMoNsTeRXM
Jan 13, 2017, 02:43 AM
I'll be there too

Love & Thunder
Jan 13, 2017, 10:13 PM
Apparently, my sister is also in. Don't know what username she'll use, but it'll probably be RubyInferno, or Your Chicken.

Logface202
Jan 14, 2017, 08:37 AM
I was asleep dangit.
but I don't have the full game anyway, so.
:|
bummer.

than again this is gmt. as opposed to central, so in my time it's at 12:30.
but again, don't have the full game.
:(

Slaz
Jan 14, 2017, 12:35 PM
Thanks for hosting the playtest Trey. ;)

It felt kind of like a mini JDC event. First time I had proper fun in JJ2 MP since the last few months.

Jelly Jam
Jan 15, 2017, 04:24 AM
I was going to come and watch, assuming you had enough playtesters. Didn't have the time at the end.

How fun was it, everyone? The fast warps in Blurredd's map really got me thinking how the gameplay went there.