PDA

View Full Version : JJ2 Server List

Anubis
Feb 12, 2017, 08:22 AM
Kyro contacted me a while ago about the standard serverlist being down because jazzjackrabbit.com is not working anymore. JJ2+ currently connects players to list2.digiex.net, but new players who don't know about JJ2+ may have trouble going online.

I wrote to the domain management company responsible for keeping the domain alive, explaining the situation in detail and that we would be interested in taking over the domain to help the influx of new players and keep the community alive (it could then be redirected to the current serverlist).

After writing to them twice, once in September, and again this year, they finally replied:

jazzjackrabbit.com domain

MM Customer Service <customer.service@markmonitor.com>
пон 30.1.2017 г. 10:58
До:
Monev, Alexander;
MM Customer Service <customer.service@markmonitor.com>;

Hello

We received your enquiry in September.

The domain is registered on behalf of one of our clients.

We sent the enquiry to the relevant person and if there is any interest then someone will be in contact.

Regards

MarkMonitor Customer Services

I was wondering what else we could do about it, other than hoping the domain will expire some day so we can register it again. I've discussed with DanZeal to post about the problem here, maybe someone has contact with people from Epic, from past interviews or whatever, or better ideas. Any help will be appreciated :)

Violet CLM
Feb 12, 2017, 08:48 AM
When Stijn tried to contact Epic about this, they infamously sent him a form letter about the Unreal Engine... if anyone else has any contacts at Epic, they've been keeping mum about it. Thanks for taking this initiative to track down the domain company, and I hope it works out!

Jelly Jam
Feb 14, 2017, 01:47 PM
I too hope it works out. I still can't stand the fact that "The Server" is now a ghost town.

SAMI
Feb 16, 2017, 01:12 AM
I too hope it works out. I still can't stand the fact that "The Server" is now a ghost town.

JJ2 is dying again, for the 10th time or whatever it is (I lost cou t)

Nimrod
Mar 24, 2017, 05:40 AM
Someone message me about this today.

I've reached out to a few contacts to; but the two key people who helped me get it setup last time are since gone from Epic (Cliff and Warren) so I am not massively confident. I'm seeing if they still got connections to help; but it might be a long shot.

It would be nice to get it back up though.

All we need them to do is CNAME list.jazzjackrabbit.com to list.jazzjackrabbit.net and we'll be back in business.

Jelly Jam
Mar 25, 2017, 12:04 PM
I can't see the servers. What's wrong now?

Treylina
Mar 27, 2017, 11:41 AM
I can't see the servers. What's wrong now?

A certain someone DDOSed list2. List1 still works though.

Nimrod
Mar 31, 2017, 08:05 AM
After numerous emails and tweets, we made contact and I'm glad to to announce, thanks to Anthony at Epic Games we are now back in business :)

It seems like you guys have been trying to get this fixed since last September. So sorry it took so long to get in touch with us! It's really awesome to see people still playing Jazz and caring so much about keeping it running.

Please don't hesitate to email me again if you run into any more problems or need something else set up, you clearly care about keeping the game alive. It's awesome.

Stijn
Mar 31, 2017, 08:10 AM
That's great news, good to know there's still someone at Epic who cares about this :)

Jelly Jam
Mar 31, 2017, 08:27 AM
(y)

time to fire up the old "Download JJ2+" newbies servers again

DanZeal
Apr 2, 2017, 01:19 AM
(y)

time to fire up the old "Download JJ2+" newbies servers again

I agree!