PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Bash

cooba
Dec 13, 2017, 02:33 PM
I'm toying with the idea of putting together a casual 24/7 server around Christmas time, sort of like a bash but without pressure on JCSers to deliver only their best stuff. :p

I was originally going to make a list composed fully of holiday themed levels, but after scouring J2O I've barely found enough levels that were good enough to go on a list (https://pastebin.com/gWMzwbDW), so I'm considering several options:

convert some old classic levels to give them a Christmas feel
simply add some crowd pleasers to the existing list
disregard the Christmas theme entirely
Thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

Stijn
Dec 13, 2017, 02:51 PM
A mix of A and B sound nice, put in some classics that work well for events like this and if there are any that would not take a lot of effort to make a little winter-ish (maybe just adding a snow event could be enough) do that as a little bonus.

Alternately a Christmas mutator that adds some winter touches to weapons, et cetera could be nice as well.

DJVee
Dec 13, 2017, 03:53 PM
I'd be down play in this! It'd be a good test of this new phone's WiFi capabilities. Maybe it'll be more stable than my standard connection! xD

Slaz
Dec 13, 2017, 03:58 PM
I'm up for some casual play with a twist during the holidays.

This reminds me of Nimrod's Xmas server which was ambitious but successful enough. https://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?t=11851

I'd say it's okay to use regular old favorites as well as recent event sized levels (such as in Total Annihilation 2) with a mutator that adds christmassy effects to the rabbits, or swaps some palettes. Or something.

Loon
Dec 15, 2017, 11:47 AM
I support this idea! Sounds really cool.
I'm quite surprised about the ammount of decent snowy multiplayer maps.
And mixing up some goldies with a snowy theme would be epic.
Snowy Semi perhaps?

Mike_1990
Dec 17, 2017, 02:41 PM
Christmas themed levels would be cool but I would appreciate any kind of levels really. It'll be fun either way:-)

cooba
Dec 31, 2017, 06:39 AM
Slightly overdue, but this is now online, as a New Year Bash!

It's powered by Puke Nukem, and will be occassionally used to host (public) JDC events, so hang around!

Here's the level list:
Rovaniemi ~ Loon
First Day of Christmas ~ CrimiClown
CandionV ~ Violet CLM
Festive Feud ~ Epic
Chrimbo Combat ~ Epic
Gold Rush Mountains ~ White Rabbit
Merry Hypothermia ~ Enigma
WORST CHRISTMAS LEVEL EVER ~ Unhit
Superslick Santa Showdown ~ Fl@$h aka BlewMeUp
Cold Cavern ~ URJazz
Trembling Tundra ~ Ragnarok
Ice Temple Ruins ~ Odin314
The Frozen Throne ~ SuperJazz
Desolate Chemistry ~ Snooze
Snowfall in Snoozeland ~ Birdie
Frozen Lake ~ Snooze
A White Christmas ~ RockyRaccoon
Pleased with Presents ~ FawFul
Deep Freeze ~ BlurredD
Aurora Citadel ~ Fawful and Hitch
Feel free to suggests more levels, PJ and I will be adding them on a daily basis.

Enjoy!

ShadowGPW
Dec 31, 2017, 06:50 AM
WORST CHRISTMAS LEVEL EVER ~ Unhit

this cracks me up hahaha