PDA

View Full Version : Foreground Layer Problems

SteelTalon
Oct 4, 2001, 03:08 PM
How exactly do you get the foreground to follow Jazz around? I've tried setting Layer 1 to 0 on the x and y axis and what I want over Jazz is several tiles down. Help?

Bobby aka Dizzy
Oct 4, 2001, 03:46 PM
It needs to be set to an x and y speed of 0. Also it should be 20 by 20 I think.

EvilMike
Oct 4, 2001, 04:36 PM
IT IS 20 BY 15 TILES YOU FOOL!!!

I AM SO SMART
I AM SO SMART
S-M-R-T

I MEAN S-M-A-R-T

HAHAHA

*falls over*

I'm right, you know. Also, you should check tile height and tile width. From my experiences, you have to position the tiles you want in a weird way, and you will probably need to go off the edges and stuff.

Violet CLM
Oct 4, 2001, 07:15 PM
Basically place things in random areas until you find the exact spot you want. :p

Kejero
Oct 7, 2001, 11:17 AM
the size of the layer doesnt matter - when ye set the x and y speed to 0 (and check 'tile') the displayed tiles will be all four corners of the layer
since it doesnt matter its of course easiest to make the size 20x15

the bottom left corner (some 5 or 6 tiles big in height, and 16 to 17 tiles in width) of the layer in jcs, will in the game be placed at the top of the screen, moved 5 or 6 tiles to the right

so what ye put in the upper left corner will be placed right under that

ehhh... just try it - ye'll figure it out :)

Disguise
Oct 8, 2001, 03:59 AM
Lemme at least try to explain this properly (for once).

Both X and Y should be 0. If you are going to use the whole screen, set it to 20x15 (which is 640x480 pixels, Jazz2 resolution).
Remember to tile width and height (about to be explained).

Believe it or not, the top of the layer isn't necessarily the top of your viewing screen. Don't ask me why this is, but it's a real pain.

If you move the top of the selection somewhere in the middle and place the bottom part (that is cut out at the bottom) on TOP of the top piece it should look about right. Continue moving it up and down a bit to find the right place (I'm not exactly sure where).

Well, that's it then, ANOTHER explanation.