PDA

View Full Version : Anti-access violation patch

Cpp
Apr 1, 2001, 04:43 AM
Yeah. I just created a patch that will eliminate all your access violations. If you want to download it go to STRONGHOLD: Jazz (http://www.geocities.com/atlastsome) and download it. you can also see other things that I've got. If you're too lazy to go there click this (http://www.geocities.com/atlastsome/jj2/Files/aap.zip) link. By the way... Check other tricks. I've posted that trick about sprites.

NOT 1ST APRIL FOOL! :P

Aiko
Apr 1, 2001, 06:17 AM
First of all, never try to link your (Yahoo)GeoCities files from outside :-)

And finally remove the anti-password program from your site. Fquist, i dont think thats acceptable. I'd rather have people here that dont read the bible than people who offer tools that destroy our game JJ2 and the level creating community.

As for your topic, i have no idea what your program could do. To be honest, i was even too afraid to try it. Is it for the JCS? Anyone?

Fquist_old
Apr 1, 2001, 07:10 AM
Please remove the password program from your site..

Kaz
Apr 1, 2001, 08:10 AM
That can be easily bypassed I believe by making all the Jazz2 essitials (data files and stuff) read only =P, worked for me.

Cpp
Apr 1, 2001, 11:51 AM
DOH! Fine then. I'll remove those anti password programs if you wish. By the way Aiko. The anti-access violation program makes backups so don't be afraid to try it. I made it because I was sick of AV's when I experimented with Jazz and I think I'm not the only one.

Cya all next week.

DFX
Apr 1, 2001, 02:50 PM
No, I think that you shouldn't take it out. I'll probably put another post on about it if the program doesn't work. Look Aiko what is up with the Bible thing it made no sense. And I also have gotten pretty mad over those stupid AVs myself.

Download the Megaman game from Miceallaneous stuff right away!

JJ Tûblëãr* TA UR

Emerald Dragon
Apr 1, 2001, 06:25 PM
What does the Bible have to do with all of this?

Alberto
Apr 2, 2001, 04:16 AM
Yea pls remove it, users with bad intentions can use 'em

FoD
Apr 2, 2001, 09:29 AM
Then again, people with good intentions can use them too.

Ax Man
Apr 2, 2001, 10:26 AM
Please guys, don't start a flame war...it aint worth it. I say that Overlord remove it, but if users happen to lose a password they e-mail the lev to overlord and he removes the password? Maybe?

Tik
Apr 2, 2001, 10:56 AM
*laughs*

Getting around the Jazz2 passwords is very easy =)

iCeD
Apr 2, 2001, 11:21 AM
I don't even need a special program to get around JJ2 level passwords..

Aiko
Apr 3, 2001, 07:07 AM
Please, guys, dont show off too much here with your anti-password skills. It'll destroy the level creating JJ2 community.

And btw if people lose their password its their own bad luck and stupidness. I for myself, for example, have a book with all computer/internet relevant passwords written down.

Tik
Apr 3, 2001, 08:48 AM
Actually, saying you can get around jj2 passwords isn't really 'showing off'. I for one have next to no hacking/cracking skills. I don't use a special prog either.

And it would actually destroy and build up the level making community. It matters which people are looking at the pw protected levels. It's for the reason that some people will abuse it that there shouldn't be such programs readily available.

Kaz
Apr 3, 2001, 03:56 PM
Agreed...

(EVERY STARES AT KAZ)

WHAT?!

DFX
Apr 3, 2001, 04:52 PM
Please can we geet back on topic this always happens heh. About the program???

ElectroPiZZa
Apr 3, 2001, 07:45 PM
Anti-passwording is only useful for special events, like changing the next-level settings for a certain levelpack (i.e. The Bash, Battle Server, etc.). However, breaking into levels and messing up stuff is not a good idea.

And there's no need to show off your l33t-4n71-p455w0rd1n6 5k1llz. Other than that, probably you should only give the anti-password program to people you trust, instead of giving it out as a public download. Goodness knows what chaos may lead ahead with the level community.

UrbanMenace
Apr 4, 2001, 10:46 AM
If that prog works, it's a godsend http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Btw, could it be linked to a sprite modifier so there's only one .exe to download if you want to find new sprites? Just an idea...

Lamer
Apr 5, 2001, 02:34 AM
I agree with Spaztic. You don't need to download *any* program to get around password protection; you can use a utility that comes with Windows, that is, if you use that crash-proof, ultra-compatible, and inexpensive OS that comes from only the best company, which is loved by all people because it never lets them down, Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT). Programs like Overlord's Anti-password program shouldn't be made publicly available because it can and will do harm, and it's better to have no harm done than to have a lot of good and a lot of harm done. However, I don't think we should put down Overlord, I mean, he was kind enough to share his work with us, rather than just keep it for himself...so seeing that he didn't have bad intentions, we shouldn't be quick to criticize him.

Visit Spaztic Space (http://www.jzinx.com/) for some cool stuff and drop by the SSMB (http://www.jzinx.com/ssmb/) while you're there.

DFX
Apr 5, 2001, 11:30 AM
I GIVE UP, THESE REPLYS HAVE NADA TO DO WITH THE TOPIC. SHEEZ!

Cpp
Apr 5, 2001, 12:40 PM
Hello everybody! I'm back! This week has given me a lot of school trouble so I had to study. Any way what's this all about my anti-password programs? I've removed them (some time ago in case you didn't know). And no one has e-mailed me a level to remove the password (yet) so please let's talk about my anti-access violation patch now. Wakeman liked it by the way...

-Overlord

Anti-password programs coming up!

Cpp
Apr 5, 2001, 12:40 PM
I hate double posts! Don't press the submit button twice...

Ice M A N
Apr 5, 2001, 12:49 PM
I applied it the day you released it, but I never got a chance to play JJ2 since then. :(

But anyway.. if it works (and it probably does): THANK-YOU VERY VERY MUCH. :)

Aiko
Apr 6, 2001, 04:00 AM
Ooops. Wrong post, wrong topic. Deleting doesnt work, sorry :-)

KRSplat
Apr 8, 2001, 06:55 AM
YaY

An anti-access violation patch! Yipee! Now I just need to download and apply!

And about an anti-password thinger... I don't use passwords anywayz.