PDA

View Full Version : Status please

KRSplat
Nov 2, 2001, 02:56 PM
1. What is an estimate of when Possum: The Adventures of Skitch will be released?

2. Have you contacted any publishers and asked them if they will consider making Possum reality?

3. Can Jazzers have it free? *please please please* :p

FireSworD
Nov 2, 2001, 04:59 PM
5 years does sound too long. I would estimate maybe 35% done.

Newspaz
Nov 3, 2001, 03:38 AM
I'm almost getting afraid this game is never going to be done, because they show no process in here. Maybe it's in a private forum?

Electric Ir
Nov 3, 2001, 06:35 AM
I asked several questions to the team. They <b>are</b> busy, Agama is busy with the tilesets and Metalwarrior has some stuff too. Dino is also busy so it is active. They just have a slow tempo..

Turn up the tempo, give us the game.. :)

KRSplat
Nov 3, 2001, 08:30 AM
Do they have anybody currently working on music? We don't want to be stuck with a game that has no sound.

Haze
Nov 3, 2001, 08:41 AM
KRSplat, I've addressed that topic many times. Offered services and tips many times, never got any word back.
Maybe that topic died with the ol' board, maybe they were just too busy. Who knows. ;)
Hey, if they're gonna take so long, I've got plenty of time to improve my skills. Besides, any one else want to sign up for this position? :)

Kaz
Nov 3, 2001, 07:14 PM
I don't mean to be rude or anything but I think Possum should be 3d... I'll shut up now.

I've been playing too much Sekien Densetsu 3... fun game. It's a Possum in it's own special way with a mix between RPG, shoot em up, and puzzle. I'd classify it a mix between chrono trigger, Final Fantasy, and Zelda: A link to the past.

Electric Ir
Nov 4, 2001, 03:28 AM
Kaz.. The game Possum: The Adventures of Skitch is, in essence, a sidescroller. And yet, it is so much more. Possum seeks to be one of the few proud games to bear the name "genre-buster". Rather than falling into the same old cliches of standard action, rpg, adventure, or other types, Possum combines the best of each.

To this end, Possum is now in the process of a conversion to a new game engine. Tentatively named the VersaTILE Engine, it is a combination of Possum's previous game engines, along with one significant new technology: 5D.

:P

mirrow
Nov 12, 2001, 08:42 AM
<br><br>When Possum is publish will the tileset also created in JJ2 ???

DragoX
Nov 18, 2001, 10:49 PM
Wow possom sounds like a cool game.....never heard of it....is it true there is a previous version of this new upcoming game....if so.....could anyone give me the address to that web page containing the game....thks....my e-mail address is: DragoTJ@hotmail.com

Electric Ir
Nov 19, 2001, 06:20 AM
It's not a followup of a game.. An entire new game. There are some websites, for example mine:

http://www.moron.nl/possum

KRSplat
Nov 19, 2001, 02:39 PM
There will also be no website to download it from. The Possum team has already told us that Possum will not be freeware. Of course, what good game doesn't have a shareware version? :)

Chiyu
Nov 30, 2001, 10:50 AM
Who is the maker of this game?

Newspaz
Nov 30, 2001, 11:48 AM
Dino, Metal Warrior, Roaster, Agama, FQuist, Syntax are most of the people who is / will be working on Possum..

FireSworD
Dec 1, 2001, 10:02 AM
:confused: What about Gizmo?

FQuist
Dec 1, 2001, 11:15 AM
Gizmo, Blackman, Noraa, Kaven..

Newspaz
Dec 1, 2001, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Fire Sword!
:confused: What about Gizmo?

I said most of ;)

Ice M A N
Dec 1, 2001, 02:05 PM
And what about good 'ol Bluez? Isn't he doing voices and stuff?

KRSplat
Dec 1, 2001, 02:13 PM
Yes.

I wonder if Possum will have a sequel? Or maybe Subpanic Software (I think it's called) will make other games. It's possible.

(you know, new companys are supposed to get loans so they can get paid, and pay publishers, and use it. Of course, it's your choice-if you're Dino.)

FQuist
Dec 1, 2001, 02:42 PM
Bluez does voices and music

Subpanic software isn't a registered or official company.

Buster
Dec 1, 2001, 03:40 PM
Whoa, Possum looks great. I remember when it was a top-down game (or it looked like one from the earliest screenshots).

It HAS been long in development, but what the heck, at least it's being worked on :)

~Buster

Newspaz
Dec 1, 2001, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Buster
Whoa, Possum looks great. I remember when it was a top-down game (or it looked like one from the earliest screenshots).

It HAS been long in development, but what the heck, at least it's being worked on :)

~Buster

Those actually were fakes..

Buster
Dec 1, 2001, 06:08 PM
You mean...you...LIED to me?!

Oh well, I'll live :)

~Buster

FQuist
Dec 1, 2001, 06:39 PM
No, newspaz. I think Buster is confused with Dino''s rpg game. :)

That''s a totally different project. ;p