PDA

View Full Version : Duels vs. Events: What are they worth to you?

Syntax
Nov 7, 2001, 04:30 PM
Before the 5th season started, Bobby and I re-evaluated the scoring system by looking at how many points were awarded in relation to duels and events. The emphasis on the game is dueling, but most people can't do this as much as others; one of the reasons for hosting events is to help out those people a little.

If you tally the total amount of points awarded between the first four seasons, you will find that 85% of the points were awarded for dueling. We altered the event awards for the fifth season so that the duel:event point ratio was more around 60:40 (at least that was our target; I'm not sure if it was met or not).

How do you think the point distribution should play?

Enigma
Nov 8, 2001, 01:07 PM
hehe, personally i had a duel/event ratio of about 30/70 last season. But a total ratio of 60:40 would be fine for me.

$tilettø
Nov 8, 2001, 01:10 PM
i dont get it?

Syntax
Nov 8, 2001, 01:27 PM
Ok, I'll restate it: How much do you think duels and events should be worth in relation to each other?

$tilettø
Nov 8, 2001, 11:11 PM
Duels are More worth to me than events:confused:

Bobby aka Dizzy
Nov 9, 2001, 09:01 AM
Lets see if I can restate this...

Out of your total points around all of the people, what percentage should duels points have? What percentage of event points should your score have?

URJazzCC
Jan 29, 2002, 09:59 PM
Well...I'd haveto say that Duel points should be worth more. But I think you should also award extra-points for special things. Like if you got the most event points, you get like....50 more points or something. I think you should do this because the events are soo fun. And although it's mainly about dueling, I think that the events are special little things that people have tons mroe fun in :-p (You should also have MORE events. This could be done easier if you 'hired' more people to host/organize them)