PDA

View Full Version : New Tournament Idea

Syntax
Nov 9, 2001, 11:29 AM
I figured we should try something new, a little different from the norm. Instead of another JDC season, what would you guys think about the following idea? I haven't considered all the technicalities yet, but it would basicall go like this:

- Players register before the tournament. Sign-ups close before the start.

- The tournament is divided into various phases of dueling. During each phase, players will duel in a style much like JDC, except with some stricter regulations (ex: all duels to 5 roasts/flags).

- Each phase will have a different set of rules. These rules will determine the game type (battle/CTF), scoring method, and skill bonuses/penalties.

- Players will duel relentlessly for one or two weeks during each phase (with a reasonable limit, say 20 duels).

- Scoring is mainly based on wins/losses.

- After the end of each phase, a certain numer of players will be cut from the ladder (20% or so), depending on their cumulative score. These players are forfeit from winning, and cannot participate in future phases.

- To keep the cut players amused, they will be able to vote on the rules for the phases they cannot play. The scoring/bonus/penalty options will become more diverse (and evil }>) in later phases.

- The final phase will consist of a JDC-style event held at some convenient time (weekday afternoon/evening), where the remaining players will compete, and one will stand the winner. Once you make it to the final phase, points are worthless and discarded, as the final event will determine the winner.

This idea is not for the light-hearted; the game will get more intense as it progresses, and non-dedicated players will eventually be weeded out of the ladder.

Enigma
Nov 9, 2001, 12:07 PM
So if i get this right, players who are out of competition will be able to use their bitterness to turn life into an inferno for the remaining ones? I like it!

$tilettø
Nov 9, 2001, 12:22 PM
No

GuMmYBeAr!
Nov 9, 2001, 12:28 PM
GO JDC! YES YES! GO JDC! **pulls out a big sign wif JDC on** WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! JDC! JDCCCCCC

Syntax
Nov 9, 2001, 12:50 PM
Just to clarify something, JDC would not necessarily end, it would just be put on hold. Think of this tournament as an intermission.

Here are some examples of possible bonus rules:

If you are in the top 5 for 4 continuous days, your are immune from being cut this phase.

If you are idle for 3 continuous days (no duels), you give 20% of your points away, divided evenly amongst others.

If you win 5 duels in a row, your rank increases by 5 (by adding an appropriate amount of points to your score).

$tilettø
Nov 9, 2001, 01:24 PM
Everything fine wit me now...
Just Start it .....

Enigma
Nov 9, 2001, 01:54 PM
Seems kinda complicated. Oh well, guess we can always try...

KRSplat
Nov 9, 2001, 03:40 PM
Complicated. So, you're saying that if you are in the lowest 20 percent after one round then you're kicked off of that tournament? Exept, once you're off, you get to vote on the rules for the next part. Sounds cool, a nice way to find out who's the most active player with the point-spreading-if-idle-thinger, too :p

DragoX
Nov 11, 2001, 07:51 PM
Wow could I join...I'm a newbie so anything is fine with me...I'll be your first few picks to join....

Bobby aka Dizzy
Nov 11, 2001, 08:25 PM
DragoX, let me be the first to welcome you to the JCF and the community. You probably don't know what we are referring to, so I recommend that you go over the <a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/jdc">JDC</a> and check out the rules located at http://www.jazz2online.com/jdc/info.php If you encounter errors, don't worry we are currently considered "inbetween seasons" and everything should be fixed soon.

About this though, we are wondering if a different type of tournament would be better than the current JDC.
-Bob

DragoX
Nov 11, 2001, 08:52 PM
But problem..when i click on the events link it wont take me there...only warning and file missing....I would like to start and I registered but how do I...read the rules too.

DragoX
Nov 11, 2001, 10:12 PM
Will someone challenge me to a duel...i'm ready for some....newbie action lol

Bobby aka Dizzy
Nov 12, 2001, 12:12 PM
The season is not currently underway so you are not able to duel for JDC now.

DragoX
Nov 12, 2001, 12:57 PM
K...ill wait but could someone e-mail me when this event comes along...plus tell me some obvious reminders of some of the necessary rules that this new JDC has (different from others)....I'm pretty forgetful at times.....=) oh yah if i dont have the e-mail anymore it must mean I have DSL! Yes....anyways I'll give ya guys my new e-mail soon as i get it. thks

$tilettø
Nov 12, 2001, 01:34 PM
.............!
plz start it soon *losing cable For DsL!1024/256 eww nm*Check ya email Dragox.....

DragoX
Nov 14, 2001, 11:37 PM
I know that this does not refer to the game at all lol... but when i got DSL all the lights are green...we've connected to the DSL server network, and at bottom it indicates a blinking green and yellow......computer(s)....I wanted to know what i should next if ya know....it seems you have one........=).... I don't have anything to browse it with....do i need a browser like internet explorer to use DSL cause my explorer wont load unless i use aol.......sorry if this is all off topic.... but if any of you know please tell me....i want to try it out on this game....first...thks. Email me if ya do...I appreciate it........

DragoX
Nov 18, 2001, 09:52 PM
Got it up.....sorry for those who cared to try answering this e-mail.....but no worry anymore though

Chiyu
Nov 30, 2001, 05:39 AM
In which levels will be fought? That's the most important thing for me to decide if I'll join or not.

Unhit
Dec 14, 2001, 11:54 PM
I don't like this idea very much. It's not bad, but I'd prerfer JDC like it's now. In this sytem, you have no chance to progress if you won't play all the time. And there could be even heavier problems with the two different Jazz-versions.

I think you could perhaps offer this "next to" JDC, as an different tournament. JDC r00lz ;)!

And if you should do some different tournament, you perhaps could try sth like the FIFA WorldChampionships: the season ends 1 month earlier, and the best 32 will play in groups, later in a K.O.-System. if some of the best 32 don't wants to participate, number 33 could "follow"...ya know what I mean ;)?

But, I'd like you to let JDC go on like now. It's really cool.

Syntax
Dec 17, 2001, 06:13 PM
Unhit, it <b>was</b> intended to be an aside. :)

Chiyu
Dec 17, 2001, 10:25 PM
There should be more tournaments to choose from, also non-JDC thingies.

Unhit
Dec 18, 2001, 04:42 AM
Ok, Syntax. If it'll be aside: <b>YES! DO IT!!!</b>:lol:

JZBlue
Dec 27, 2001, 05:38 PM
What do you think of a backdraws tournament? I happened to play tennis ( x_X *shreek* ) awhile back, and in tournaments loosers would go into a lower kind of tournament where they'd play other people that lost, and people that lost twice would erm.. be out. That just seems like it'd work so well with this...

( Woo Hoo! Ace! Bwahahaha O.o! )

Rýû Å$
Jan 3, 2002, 08:32 PM
The Great One will participate in any tournament , as i said be4 "Just Bring it Jabronies, Just Bring it":cool:

defalcon
Jan 11, 2002, 07:13 PM
Do it! I wanna sign up for this, this sounds kewl!

Ryu, enough WWf already. :P

ShadowGPW
Mar 5, 2002, 12:44 AM
wait a min thats almost the same idea of clanbase Syntax :P Hmms

Syntax
Mar 5, 2002, 09:00 AM
It is? It sounded more like a clan tounament in your post.