PDA

View Full Version : GDD : Plot Overview

Monolith
Nov 9, 2001, 08:26 PM
Another part of the Game Design Document is the Plot Overview. This is where you take the Hi-Concept and expand it to about a page long. This may include stuff about the storyline and some of the gameplay. You should probably also mention how it acts as a sequal to the previous games. I can't think of a sample right now, but I might add something later.

KRSplat
Nov 10, 2001, 05:02 AM
You mean like this:

Jazz3D is a crazy, unrealistic game in which you choose from 3 or more wacky rabbits. You must go through many 3D areas in the game to accomplish your goal. (as far as I know there is no goal yet so I'll leave that out :)) You can choose from many different ammos to assist you, along with some other items that will be helpful. You can easily choose them by pressin 1-0 on your keyboard. ...blah blah blah...

Monolith
Nov 10, 2001, 11:34 AM
That sort of thing, but in more detail. How is it unrealistic? (you might want to use cartoony since that's what I had in the Hi-Concept) Who are the characters, and what do you do with them? What are the 3D areas generally like? What is your goal? What about this ammo?
Don't mention any of the controls. Those aren't part of the plot overview.

Spaz Boy
Nov 24, 2001, 11:19 AM
Jazz Jackrabbit 3d is a cartoony game in which you choose from several rabbits, each with their own strenghs. Eva Earlong is married to Jazz Jackrabbit. Spaz Jackrabbit is Jazz's brother, and their cousin Razz(?) helps too. Lori is Jazz and Spaz's sister. Devan Shellion has kidnapped Eva and Jazz's kids. Now it is up to these rabbits to get the children back. You travel through a sequence of worlds, collecting ammo, blasting baddies, and solving puzzles. Each hero's job and path differs (I'm guessing, sort of like Sonic for Dreamcast), until you come to the final battle with Devan. Jazz is a green rabbit, determined to defeat Devan Shellion, yet again. Spaz is a whacked out, crazy rabbit, but he still gets the job done. Lori takes out the badguys with her good looks and her special move. She comes along to help. Razz is an inventor and pilot(?) who has come along like Lori to aid Jazz and Eva. Eva Earlong is the princess of Carrotus, she married Jazz his last encounter with Devan, in which Jazz had to retreive their wedding ring. Eva's mother, the queen, didn't want Eva to marry Jazz. Jazz Jackrabbit 3: The Adventures of a Mean Green Hare, also has party mode allowing multiple users to play split screen, LAN, or internet play. With a variety of party modes to choose from including Treasure in which the people compete to collect the most gems, Battle where all the people kill each other until a player gets a certain number of kills, Team Battle, the same as battle except on teams, Capture the Flag in which two or more teams compete to steal the other teams' flag and return it to their own base scoring points, and Cooperative, allowing the users to play through the game together, you won't get bored fast.

How's that? :p
I'm not sure if this should be included but something like this:
Jazz Jackrabbit 3 is designed for players of all ages, with absolutely no blood or violence.

It seems sort of advertising to me...

Glad to help, just call me if you need me.

~SB

EDIT: Fixed what Unknown Rabbit said. ;)
EDIT: Started to fix what Monolith said. I'll go more in detail once I figure a bit more out.

Violet CLM
Nov 24, 2001, 01:00 PM
You left that dangling.

With a variety of party modes to choose from including-----
then you say a lot of gametypes but never say the end of your sentence.

Monolith
Nov 24, 2001, 06:13 PM
Hmm.. that seems pretty good. The only things I can think that need to be added right now are maybe a little more info on the baddies in general (evil minions), and the sort of environments the game would be played in.

BTW, Lori is Jazz's sister.

Spaz Boy
Nov 24, 2001, 07:14 PM
I never did understand that whole Lori thing....
Spaz should *not* have fallen in love with her in 1.23 ;-P

Violet CLM
Nov 24, 2001, 09:19 PM
Originally, Lori was going to be Spaz's girlfriend. Then somebody changed everything and made Lori their sister, so Noogy had to abandon that idea. After all, Spaz going out with his sister would not go well with the "G" rated crowd. Not Spaz's fault at all.

VelKa
Nov 25, 2001, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Unknown Rabbit
Originally, Lori was going to be Spaz's girlfriend. Then somebody changed everything and made Lori their sister, so Noogy had to abandon that idea. After all, Spaz going out with his sister would not go well with the "G" rated crowd. Not Spaz's fault at all.

I think yer right. T'wasn't poor Spaz's fault.

Spaz Boy
Nov 25, 2001, 11:03 AM
Definitely true, (thank goodness), that it isn't Spaz's fault. So, where have JAZZ's parents been that they adopted Spaz's girlfriend. How cruel. (But they did give her a makeover.)

~SB

EDIT: So Monolith...where is this all leading? : )

What *have* you been doing on those days when you are there, but you have to maintain your "idle server" image? Know C++ or something? :p