PDA

View Full Version : The Big Forward Level! (tip!)

Electric Ir
Nov 12, 2001, 07:23 AM
Heya all.

I've got a new idea for a level. Not for myself; for everyone. I'll explain it to you:

I start with a small part of a level. I send it to someone who wants to build another part on it. When he's done, he does the same. But: if you helped working on the level, please include in the text file that you worked on it.

Finally, if the level is finished, send it to me at levelproject@moron.nl and i'll post it on J2O under Project Forward.

--
Some other comments:

* You MAY change somebody's area, but not too much.
* You MAY skip the working, but then you send it directly to someone else without changing the level and/or the textfile.
* You MAY NOT put too much ammo, food and such.

* For this round, the level type is Battle

Anyone who wants to enter.. Post it here.. You'll receive an e-mail with the level and textfile in a zip file.

-Electric Ir

Stijn
Nov 12, 2001, 07:27 AM
I claim the 2nd build :). Cowy idea!

mirrow
Nov 12, 2001, 08:22 AM
<br><br>YAY cool idea .... gimme the 3rd part ;)<br>

Cpp
Nov 12, 2001, 08:34 AM
Let's give it a try.
Which tileset will be used?
I hope a non-epic's :cool:

Electric Ir
Nov 12, 2001, 08:44 AM
This time we use the tileset "Jungle 2" by Epic. Next time we'll use a custom one. :)

--
For the listup check the PJF Website.

Electric Ir
Nov 12, 2001, 08:52 AM
Firesword, you misunderstood. We started already. When the level is finished a new project will start. (And I'm sure we can do the 1.23 easter set, I bet.)

But you can claim the 5th build, anyway

it's cool man
Nov 12, 2001, 11:59 AM
Man you have weird ideas...
Oh well, I claim the next part of it.
my mail's schrenkoboyrulez@bluemail.ch

Violet CLM
Nov 12, 2001, 05:13 PM
Me! I want to help!

JanusJackrabbit
Nov 12, 2001, 05:40 PM
I'd help if this was a SP level.

Disguise
Nov 13, 2001, 01:53 AM
Oh my, I'm curious to see how this is gonna end up. Don't count me in cuz I'm too busy making tilesets. Besides, I work for J2LC :D

Electric Ir
Nov 13, 2001, 05:52 AM
Heh, we understand. And JJ: The next level probably will.

By the way: NEW: PROJECT FORWARD: The Website
http://moron.nl/forward/

Forget the old url!

it's cool man
Nov 13, 2001, 08:25 AM
Okay, so I wait 'till I get the level from whoever sent it before, then I build and then send it on to The next person (in this case unknown rabbit) did I get that right? (I'm a bit slow at times...:D ) Oh, and I need UR's e-mail adress.

Electric Ir
Nov 13, 2001, 09:15 AM
Yep =) Exactly

The level will be sended to your email address. I sent a PM to Unknown Rabbit for his @.

Violet CLM
Nov 14, 2001, 04:35 PM
The level is a TSF level. Was it originally TSF, and if not, who made it TSF?

Also, should I try and make it 1.23 by copying the level exactly?

Hareoic
Nov 14, 2001, 04:59 PM
I had the same idea, but I decided it wouldn't work.

Violet CLM
Nov 15, 2001, 03:45 PM
Hmmm.... Its cool man? Would you happen to only have TSF?

it's cool man
Nov 15, 2001, 08:15 PM
I have both. Was I suposed to use the normal jazz editor?
ooops :rolleyes:

Rage
Nov 16, 2001, 01:16 AM
I'd like to join.
rageakademon@hotmail.com

btw how big can your part be? (Length, height in tiles)

Electric Ir
Nov 16, 2001, 01:52 AM
Coolman: Do it in 1.23, please.

You have been added to the listup, Rage. Size doesn't matter. Big, Small.. Whatever.. Its just the meaning that the level rulez :)

Tyf: It works, trust me :)

~SPLASH~
Nov 16, 2001, 01:55 AM
Dont want to help you guys out, but I do want to tell you to HURRY UP, I wanna play it...*bored*

:D

Electric Ir
Nov 16, 2001, 01:58 AM
Hehe, sure.. :)

COOLM@N CC
Nov 16, 2001, 03:42 AM
i want to join
I am not cool man
I am COOLM@N CC

rond@wanadoo.nl

Electric Ir
Nov 16, 2001, 04:29 AM
Yeah, I know. Just some guys with kinda similar names. However, you're added to the listup..

COOLM@N CC
Nov 16, 2001, 08:37 AM
YIPEE!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D

Violet CLM
Nov 16, 2001, 08:40 AM
Ok, what now? Does the person who worked on it before its cool man send it to him again? Does its cool man exactly copy the level into 1.23? Do I do that? Do I go temporarily insane?

Electric Ir
Nov 16, 2001, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Unknown Rabbit
Ok, what now? Does the person who worked on it before its cool man send it to him again? Does its cool man exactly copy the level into 1.23? Do I do that? Do I go temporarily insane?

Well, I guess its cool man has it (still in his/hers) inbox, and then make an exact copy in JCS 1.23. You won't go insane, I guess we're just a tidy little bit mad on him/her :)

COOLM@N CC
Nov 16, 2001, 11:10 PM
i think it's a HIM
it's cool MAN

Electric Ir
Nov 17, 2001, 02:15 AM
Just to be sure. :)

it's cool man
Nov 17, 2001, 11:50 PM
I am a guy
I don't geddit...
Can someone explain to me poor stupid little earthling what to do?:(

FireSworD
Nov 18, 2001, 07:29 AM
Someone sends you a part of a level they done then you add your part to the level (sometimes you have to follow arrows) but don't finish the level completely. After your done (you can also add arrows to the level to guide the next person to work on it) you email it the next person and so on...

Electric Ir
Nov 22, 2001, 09:38 AM
Right. Some days ago i've heard the last update about Project Forward..

OK. Who has the level now? Please hurry! I wanna go on with the next level as soon as I get Virtual Headache so I can finish it..

I've planned some levels:

Xmas 2001: Rudolphs Revenge (SP, Xmas set)
Spring 2002: The Juicy Mix (Treasure Hunt, carrottus)1
undefined, 2002: Acid, Acid, Acid (CTF, Tubelectric set).

The Project Forward website has moved to a new location:

http://moron.nl/forward/

KRSplat
Nov 23, 2001, 02:19 PM
I will join.
How do you finish a level in a month??? er.. just wondering ;)

blurredd
Nov 23, 2001, 03:57 PM
ooo! can i join too??

FireSworD
Nov 23, 2001, 04:40 PM
Do i get 3rd build?

JanusJackrabbit
Nov 23, 2001, 05:54 PM
I want to help with Rudolph's Revenge!:)

Enigma
Nov 24, 2001, 01:44 AM
Looks like a good idea, can i join?
Just send the level to: nils_noppe@hotmail.com

Electric Ir
Nov 24, 2001, 01:50 AM
OK people. Lets get this straight.

I want Virtual Headache to finish soon, because I have never heard any news since the 17th..

People who want to join Rudolphs Revenge: You're added.

Electric Ir
Nov 24, 2001, 01:53 AM
Virtual Headache:

No new people accepted. Last builder has to send it to me, than I'll finish it and post it.

Rudolphs Revenge:

- Electric Ir
- Overlord
- Fire Sword
- KRSplat
- BlurredD
- JanusJackrabbit
- Enigma

Acid, Acid, Acid:

-Electric Ir
-Overlord

COOLM@N CC
Nov 24, 2001, 02:14 AM
I want to join all the projects

NinjaNukerabbit
Nov 24, 2001, 04:34 AM
Man, I posted this idea on my clans message board, noone responded.
This was actually MY idea you just thought of it second ;P.
If you dont believe me ask Kill.
______________________________-
Are there any places left?
PLEASE PUT ME IN VIRTUAL HEADACHE.
IF THERES NOT ROOM PLEASE SQUEEZE ME IN.
I never got to be part of anything.
My emails NinjaUR@allblackbelt.com

NinjaNukerabbit
Nov 24, 2001, 04:36 AM
or another
i dont have TSF

Krezack
Nov 24, 2001, 06:00 AM
Ah yea last i heard lorifier was your idea and so was the mario tilset and level and so was the ur cc clan etc

Electric Ir
Nov 24, 2001, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by NinjaNukerabbit
Man, I posted this idea on my clans message board, noone responded.
This was actually MY idea you just thought of it second ;P.
If you dont believe me ask Kill.
______________________________-
Are there any places left?
PLEASE PUT ME IN VIRTUAL HEADACHE.
IF THERES NOT ROOM PLEASE SQUEEZE ME IN.
I never got to be part of anything.
My emails NinjaUR@allblackbelt.com

Man, that makes no sence. I just did this better and bigger. Anyway, don't go off topic, its just about Project Forward!!

OK. This works no longer, I'm gonna make a special form for everyone who wants to join.

JanusJackrabbit
Nov 24, 2001, 07:43 AM
Oops, I just remembered, I don't have 1.23. Please take me of the list Electric Ir

blurredd
Nov 24, 2001, 08:59 AM
Do I have to do Rudolphs Revenge? I rather do that Acid, Acid, Acid level. I'm not too fond of using the Xmas tilesets (not like there's anything wrong with them). Would it be ok if I work on the Tubelectric level instead?

Electric Ir
Nov 24, 2001, 09:43 AM
Sure.. :)

Spaz Boy
Nov 24, 2001, 12:52 PM
I call Rudolphs!! (Whichever nubmer I am!!)

ME! ME!

Or I'll do Acid, Acid, Acid if I must.
EMAIL: SpazBoyCC@msn.com
If the file is somehow too large that you can't get it through...then ICQ me and I'll give you my family account.

~SB

Violet CLM
Nov 24, 2001, 01:08 PM
Hurry up, It's cool man, please! I want it! I want it I want it! *Convulses upon the floor*

Edit: Oh, right. I want to work on all the levels. That's what I expected to do in the first place, after all. I just don't want to have to do any first builds, if that's possible.

Krezack
Nov 24, 2001, 02:45 PM
hey ya'll tsf people just ask a 1.23 freind for thier jcs.exe and maybe the 1.23 ini file but i think the TSF jcs.ini file should be ok

NinjaNukerabbit
Nov 24, 2001, 04:13 PM
Oh well. Im just happy to know you had the same idea as me.
Makes me feel kinda smartiness.
;)

I cant work on it i guess....not enough time.

Krezack
Nov 24, 2001, 06:09 PM
Uh you are URninjaCC aren't you? That just wasn't the response i expected thats all :)

Black Ninja
Nov 24, 2001, 08:16 PM
i want to attach a .midi to this page. is that allowed? ;p
anyway, i would like to sign up.

blackninja@catdog.zzn.com

EDIT:
d a r n, derby says no .midi files. ;p

Rage
Nov 24, 2001, 11:13 PM
I'll join all off them (Especially rudolphs revenge!)

dopeh
Nov 24, 2001, 11:50 PM
Well, i want to help with "Rudolphs Revenge".
e-mail: hipodepipo@hotmail.com

Electric Ir
Nov 25, 2001, 12:30 AM
I'll soon make a TOTAL listup for all levels..

Enigma
Nov 25, 2001, 12:39 AM
I am willing to help out with all levels (at least the ones where there is still room for me)

Electric Ir
Nov 25, 2001, 01:01 AM
All levels:
-----------
Electric Ir [projectforward@moron.nl]
Overlord [tomaz.zornik@guest.arnes.si]
Enigma [nils_noppe@hotmail.com]
Rage
Unknown Rabbit
Spaz Boy [SpazBoyCC@msn.com]
Coolm@n CC
Fl@$h [tjoppetja@hotmail.com]
KRSplat
Black Ninja [blackninja@catdog.zzn.com]

Rudolphs Revenge
----------------
JoJo [hipodepipo@hotmail.com]

Acid, Acid, Acid
----------------
BlurredD
+ the 'all level' builders

Virtual Headache
----------------
mirrow
Fire Sword!
its cool man

+the 'all level' builders

Stijn
Nov 25, 2001, 06:26 AM
I never said I'll help with <b>all</b> the levels. But I will :).

Stijn
Nov 25, 2001, 06:28 AM
And hey, I want to be 2nd in the list of "all level builders"! I was the first to join! ;)

URJazzCC
Nov 25, 2001, 10:48 AM
This is a Great IDEA. I'd join one of them, but they're rather full, and/or use tileset I'm not to fond of. I think that you should Select another Jazzer who can start a new level. Like they decide Tileset, type, and name, then start it, and send it on, like you're doing, except it's done by someone else, and that way you have more levels going. I hope you do soon. BTW I'd like to nominate me for the jazzer :p (I have some pretty good Idea's and names :))

Phoneix
Nov 25, 2001, 02:16 PM
Three things:

[list=1]
1) I want to be in Rudolph's Revenge. My E-mail address ishere (leviathon@myrealbox.com).
I think that there's a conflict in the site and the message board. The message board has where it is "Acid, Acid, Acid" for the CTF level, but the site has "Liquid, Liquid, Liquid" for the CTF level, both using different tilesets, Tubelectric and Beach. So just wondering, Typo?
I have a "template" level for another CTF level we can do. It's called "Frozen in the Zone" and it uses Blade's ice tileset. Shall I start that one after L,L,L/A,A,A?
Also, under the News, it says you relocated to www.moron.nl/possum... while here it says www.moron.nl/forward. Another Typo?
[/list=1]

btw, for RR, I don't think I have a good Xmas tileset... I have the CC tilset and one by Newspaz...

Spaz Boy
Nov 25, 2001, 03:04 PM
But I also wanna do Rudolph's Revenge! >=)

Personally, I think I would be better at SP. (BUT I STILL WANNA DO OTHERS :p)

~SB

Electric Ir
Nov 26, 2001, 07:24 AM
To get this straight:

[list=1]
We're forwared to http://moron.nl/forward, not /possum. I've two websites hosted on moron.nl which has been relocated just behind each other.. That might cause the problem.
Liquid, Liquid, Liquid was the original title and the original tileset was Beach. Since Overlord complained about this set, he chose for the Tubelectric tileset and the new levelname Acid, Acid, Acid.
All people are added now. Soon i'll post a new topic, not for you all but for me and you to see which people do what.. No replies, otherwise will get as messy as this one.. Right?
Overlord has sent me Acid, Acid, Acid, and as soon as I finish it i'll choose SOMEONE of the list.
While signing up, be sure put your email address in the message.. ;-)
[/list=1]

Enigma
Nov 26, 2001, 08:35 AM
uh, please don't forget me in your list, i was going to work on all levels, but i didn't see my name in your new topic...

Electric Ir
Nov 26, 2001, 01:04 PM
I'm sorry. There are so much people that I forgot you.. I'll never do that again, promise? ;)

URJazzCC
Nov 26, 2001, 01:53 PM
I like this Project Forward Idea. It could use some more people starting the levels. Like people can submit the start of a level, or one of their unfinished levels and other people can continue on it. And also, I think you should start moving project Forward to Tilesets. I think that if all the great tileset makers out their put effort into 1 tileset, it'd be awesome!

Kaz
Nov 26, 2001, 08:11 PM
I have some good ideas that'll sort of be like my signature in levels. So if there are any SP levels, I'll help with them.

Electric Ir
Nov 27, 2001, 05:09 AM
URJazz, nice idea but I ain't a good tileset artist :)

Pîççølø aka $øùlFírÈ
Nov 29, 2001, 10:52 AM
I'd like to work on rudolphs revenge too,
email= piccolodbzclan@hotmail.com

blurredd
Dec 4, 2001, 03:17 AM
When are we starting this? Or has it started already?

Electric Ir
Dec 4, 2001, 05:06 AM
It has started but WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR ITS COOL MAN TO BE ACTIVE!

Enigma
Dec 4, 2001, 06:33 AM
Ah, i already wondered why it was taking so long...

dopeh
Dec 4, 2001, 10:17 AM
How do i know when 'my' level is started? Do you post a message on the forums or something?

Electric Ir
Dec 4, 2001, 11:19 AM
All builders for Rudolphs Revenge will get a notice that they soon can receive the file and build on it and send it to the next person. That'll be mentioned too in the mail.

I have PM'ed and mailed its cool man about the fact that he's terribly slow.. I have a limit of 10 days and then he has to respond. Otherwise he'll be skipped and the next person will be selected.

By the way
Click here for the updated Project Forward website, with a new complete list of all levels and builders at "Downloads/Projects". (http://moron.nl/forward/)

blurredd
Dec 5, 2001, 02:30 AM
oh yeah... Can I also join the Virtual Headache project if that's no problem?

Or on second thought... Just add me to that 'all level' builders thing :D

Electric Ir
Dec 5, 2001, 03:12 AM
OK. You are the very last builder of Virtual Headache, because there are no more builders accepted, limit reached. You have been added to all levels including Virtual Headache.

defalcon
Dec 12, 2001, 07:30 PM
Hey, if there's any room, can I join? I'd like to work or Rudolf's Revenge, or the Tubelectric CTF one. If not, I could sign on for later projects.

FireSworD
Dec 12, 2001, 07:32 PM
My email adress has been changed (again). Just click on my profile and email me through there! :D

Electric Ir
Dec 13, 2001, 12:48 PM
[list=1]
its cool man has been skipped! He will not be able to work on Virtual Headache anymore. The previous builder (who is that?) will send it to the next builder (and who is THAT?)
Fl@$h has recently started working on Rudolphs Revenge.
Overlord has worked on Quantum Detonator and sent it to me. I'm working on it now.
If you have one of these levels and you think they are quite finished, send them to me and i'll do the rest!
[/list=1]

Kind regards,
Electric Ir

Violet CLM
Dec 13, 2001, 12:50 PM
I want some levels to work on. I'm on the list, but the only thing I've recieved was a TSF level. Its cool man, either hurry up or withdraw, please. *Meanwhile, waits for other levels*

Electric Ir
Dec 13, 2001, 01:03 PM
Ok, who did you got the TSF level from. Someone must have converted it to TSF instead of kept being 1.23.

Violet CLM
Dec 13, 2001, 05:31 PM
Its cool man. You said you were giving him a 10 day notice before the person who worked before him just sends it to me. It hasn't quite been 10 days yet.

Electric Ir
Dec 13, 2001, 11:14 PM
It hasn't been 10 days. But I'm sick of it, he didn't even respond on my mails and PM's and still posts on other topics!?!?!

Chiyu
Dec 17, 2001, 09:49 AM
I WOULD join this, IF you were the first person who came up with this idea.

Electric Ir
Dec 17, 2001, 11:28 AM
Oh Cracco, shut up. You're just trying to say that I stole it from you or whatever.. If you don't like it go away and don't be such kid..

Txl Kill
Dec 19, 2001, 02:18 AM
Shutup both of you your acting like 5 year olds!

Chiyu
Dec 19, 2001, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Electric Ir
Oh Cracco, shut up. You're just trying to say that I stole it from you or whatever.. If you don't like it go away and don't be such kid..

I'm not saying that. I'm just saying this isn't new. It's a good thing though.

Geez, I only gave a reason why I am not interested, who cares? Tsk..

FQuist
Dec 19, 2001, 05:29 AM
What does it matter?

Electric Ir
Dec 19, 2001, 06:08 AM
That's what I'm trying to tell; it doesn't matter who thought of it first I just worked the idea out..

Violet CLM
Dec 19, 2001, 01:04 PM
Builder before Its Cool Man, please send me Virtual Headache. Waiting for it has given me a virtual headache indeed.

VelKa
Dec 19, 2001, 01:16 PM
Ehe.....headache? Lol this sounds cool. =P

<s>Stop complaining, or whining, or attacking each other, or whatever that's called. It doesn't exactly make you folks sound "mature" enough to leave each other alone.</s>

Black Energy
Dec 23, 2001, 08:02 AM
I think I'll be able to join these levels, after I helped Stunner with his part in CTU worlds, he is such a lousy levelmaker. Craccoboy, I know what you're trying to say, and I know it's true, but I think it would be good for you if you join this. It would be nice to see you work together with other level builders, this will undoubtly create interesting levels, and you'll get inspiration again. Consider it, leader.
Yes, I'm saying I'll join this soon. I will give you cooperation on one level (and maybe more levels later). I'll swear I'll give everything I have. Do you accept my pledge?

MaGoo
Dec 23, 2001, 09:03 AM
Count me in too! My E-mail is Batista5438@rogers.com I will be looking forward to working on the level.

Enigma
Dec 23, 2001, 12:38 PM
The project seems to be kinda stuck at the moment, at least Virtual Headache is, i've been waiting for it for weeks...

Electric Ir
Dec 23, 2001, 01:14 PM
Yeah. And I'm gonna figure it out how it is...

Violet CLM
Dec 23, 2001, 01:29 PM
I already know. Its cool man only worked on it in TSF, and then was skipped. The person who sent him the file is supposed to send it to me now, but has not.

FireSworD
Dec 23, 2001, 06:44 PM
Would that be me?

Violet CLM
Dec 23, 2001, 07:54 PM
I believe so.

Kaz
Dec 23, 2001, 08:04 PM
Hmm, I thought I already said my e-mail adress if that's the problem but I'd like to work on Rudolph's revenge too and KazAlgoINI@aol.com

FireSworD
Dec 29, 2001, 01:48 PM
Arg! i can't find your email address, Unknown.

Kaz
Dec 29, 2001, 04:06 PM
scratch what I said last time (although nobody seems to have read it). JCS.EXE is screwed up for now.

Violet CLM
Jan 3, 2002, 09:02 PM
I have recieved the level from Fire Sword. I shall probably take a look at it and begin work... tomorrow. *Yawn*

Electric Ir
Jan 4, 2002, 03:08 AM
Good, than send it to me and i'll send it to the next builder..

COOLM@N CC
Jan 4, 2002, 03:55 AM
I'm the next builder huh?

edit: oh no, i'm the one after the next builder (rage), aren't i?

Xpandoz
Jan 4, 2002, 04:36 AM
Hey what's up with Rudolph's Revenge? I didn't see anything about that..

Electric Ir
Jan 5, 2002, 04:04 AM
It's a new level, Single Player which is made with the Holiday Hare '98 tilesets. Soon all people that have been accepted will receive an email with the current situation. Stay tuned.. And guys, please post in the new Project Forward topic, otherwise it will be more messy like it is now ;)

Violet CLM
Jan 5, 2002, 11:19 AM
Drat! I just remembered a mistake in my segment which I meant to fix but forgot to.

Whoever has the level now, could you please make all my pure black walls all normal? (Lots of different variants.... you know what I mean?)

Electric Ir
Jan 5, 2002, 11:58 AM
Oh, indeed. But well it doesn't matter since I get the level when its totally finished and then I correct the further eyecandy bugs.
This is to the people who worked on it so far: GOOD JOB! It looks nice now!

Electric IR