PDA

View Full Version : Tileset troubles

quo-avek
Nov 14, 2001, 09:41 AM
Hello all.

I'm working on a small level pack, and for it, I've created a tileset, and it's mask, but when I upload it to JCS, either the tileset looks really ugly (If I use "remap tileset) or it weirds out in the level (sky all weird, text, bunny fur and guns, and enemies all messed up (bright pink).

Anyhow I want to specify a couple of things before getting advice.

First of all, I loaded the pallette that I had downloaded from RO's old turial: How to JCS. (see the make your own tileset section)
http://murmels.virtualave.net/howto.html

Then I followed the instructions on that paticular page on how to save it into JCS.

As I stated above, depening on whether or not I selected "Remap tileset pallette", It either (unchecked) weirded out the sky, jazz, text and ennemies, or it (checked) turned out really ugly in JCS.

BTW, this is my first post on the JCF, so w00 w00! =)

FreeLancelott
Nov 14, 2001, 10:30 AM
:O :O :O :O

is it really you, quo-avek?? the oldiedood??

FireSworD
Nov 14, 2001, 10:33 AM
If it is... WELCOME BACK!!!!!! haven't seen you in a while.

FreeLancelott
Nov 14, 2001, 10:47 AM
have you seen him...ever? lol

quo-avek
Nov 14, 2001, 10:58 AM
Yes, It's me. I know, I know, I havn't been very involved in the Jazz 2 Community for some time, but I'm back, and working on a small level pack...

Er, Now can someone actually answer my question? ;)

FreeLancelott
Nov 14, 2001, 11:04 AM
lol im unworthy to advise an oldie. sorreh.

FireSworD
Nov 14, 2001, 11:08 AM
I'd like to answer your question but i know as little about it as you do. Sorry

Bobby aka Dizzy
Nov 14, 2001, 01:45 PM
Yeah, see the thing is you need to include the pallette colors that Jazz 2 requires you put if you don't use the remap tileset option (which is evil). I wish TC101 was up... but nagcentral died. I'll contact Ice M A N cause TC101 was good for this question.

Violet CLM
Nov 14, 2001, 04:39 PM
I downloaded all of the offical JJ2 and TSF palettes, if you want any.

Newspaz
Nov 15, 2001, 07:16 PM
Don't read my tutorials ;) My tutorials suck ;)

Ice M A N
Nov 16, 2001, 06:36 AM
Copy what newspaz said here, minus the winking.

Newspaz
Nov 16, 2001, 07:00 AM
Yes. tileset king Ice M A N should admit the king is dead. Long live Disguise the king! ;)

Ice M A N
Nov 16, 2001, 08:05 AM
Uh.. I've admitted TC101 sucks from whenever it was that I started it. Same with my tilesets.

Disguise
Nov 16, 2001, 08:20 AM
ROFL!

That's just about the funniest thing I've ever heard. As a matter of fact, the only thing funnier is Shrek :D

Oh well, lemme explain, in fact, a small explanation because I'm not going in-depth (when I did previously my pc crashed and i HATED typing it all out again). I'll spare you all the technological mumbo jumbo about why it's going wrong and actually tell you how to fix it:

First thing, DON'T remap the tileset palette. When you add your own colours to a tileset you SHOULD NOT remap the tileset palette. If you do use the normal colours then it's best to remap the palette (just in case).

Now, what you must do is add your colours to the default Jazz 2 palette. I included the palette with the message, ain't I a nice guy? Now GIMME CANDY! I deserve something for my efforts :D You can easily edit the palette using Paint Shop Pro or PaletteSuite. Wait, that's wrong, this can easily be done using PaletteSuite, NOT PSP! I'm sure you know how to use both programs. If not, it's pretty easy to figure it out (I don't have the programs open because I'm too lazy).

If your background is textured, it's bound to go wrong some place and you'll need more info, just tell me (via this board or email) and I'll help you with that too.

Another personal question from me. Where do you get Palettesuite again?! I keep forgetting the link and I didn't make any backup copies of it, pretty please :D

Disguise signing out, LONG LIVE SHREK! Oh, and tilesets, of course :D

quo-avek
Nov 21, 2001, 11:54 AM
Thank you Peoples.

NewSpaz actually helped me get the tileset fixed, so no more worries =).

~quo

Disguise
Nov 21, 2001, 02:21 PM
Heh, Newspaz is great, he even helps me :)