PDA

View Full Version : AUC Dedicated

ElectroPiZZa
Nov 24, 2001, 04:43 PM
It's coming. It'll change the world as we know it. It'll make your head explode. It'll make you grow a pig tail and turn pink. It'll be a breakthrough in server technology.

... and of course, it's probably nothing special at all.

<font size=1>(Note: AUC stands for 'an unworthy competitor', because it is.)</font>

Monolith
Nov 24, 2001, 05:59 PM
*gasp!*

Spaz Boy
Nov 24, 2001, 07:12 PM
Well, whatever it is, make sure it has TSF support so it can run on mine. =P

JanusJackrabbit
Nov 24, 2001, 07:13 PM
:O

ElectroPiZZa
Nov 24, 2001, 07:14 PM
I do not have TSF, so get your posterior over to 1.23.

Bobby aka Dizzy
Nov 24, 2001, 07:20 PM
1.23 forever! ;P

Spaz Boy
Nov 24, 2001, 07:38 PM
HAHAAHAHAHA!!! DIE 1.24!! DIE TSF BATTLE SERVER!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! Umm....wait a second...I run that...

Back to topic:

Bet my server is more unreliable than yours. I fell asleep last night early and forgot to put it up. =P
Or how about when I slept in till around noon and found out the router had a problem and it was eternally pinging? =P

Oh..and good luck getting people to give you levels. I've been trying, and let's just say I don't want to publically disclose the amount of levels that I have received. And yes, I have received one. Sheesh, me and my big mouth. =X

But yes, nobody ever submits levels. (That or our friends on TSF are lazy. =P)
*sigh* Sal left, no insanity tonight.
Let our unreliable servers live on!!!
Oh, and the other dedicated servers...they're okay, but nothing compared to our awesome, wonderful, super special, (no I'm not going to say supercalifragilisticexpealidocious...) unreliabe dedicated(?) servers!! Hahahaha EAT PIzzA! :p

JanusJackrabbit
Nov 24, 2001, 09:17 PM
Why is everyone so against TSF? Since it can play levels made with 1.23 and so on, can't a TSF server support the other versions of jazz? That would get rid of the confusion. Besides, most people today get TSF because its the only jazz2 thing still in stock(except for on the internet).

Krezack
Nov 24, 2001, 11:08 PM
uh because 1.23 is better and even now with the latest in lori techknoledgy you can be lori in 1.23 (special thanx to krezack)

Newspaz
Nov 25, 2001, 12:59 AM
Ahem, you just copied some files from TSF (and made them public which is illegal) and wrote a tool to have them work.

JanusJackrabbit
Nov 25, 2001, 08:47 AM
But why is 1.23 better than 1.24?

~SPLASH~
Nov 25, 2001, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by JanusJackrabbit
But why is 1.23 better than 1.24?
because: 1. lvls and tiles made with 1.23 work with both 1.23 and 1.24, while 1.24 can only be hosted by 1.24
also, 1.23 is less "n00b". Most new players turn up on 1.24 (Europeans), because TSF is widely distributed in Europe, and is cheap (plus you dont need to get patches, which you do when you buy a non-TSF version)
A new character is good, is fun, but one that cant hang onto a chopper and has weird looking colors..nofun.

JanusJackrabbit
Nov 25, 2001, 03:24 PM
I'm just saying that it's getting realy tiring to hear people complain about not being able to play some thing because it's made with TSF. I see your point though. The one difference between 1.20 and 1.24 that i'm just picky about is the difference in the sound. Does the sound in 1.20 change when you update it to 1.23?

Monolith
Nov 25, 2001, 03:59 PM
I know what you mean about the levels Spaz Boy :) I still haven't been getting a decent amount of level submissions.. and <I>good</I> levels are even rarer.

Spaz Boy
Nov 25, 2001, 04:25 PM
Yea, but at least you have enough to make the level loop. One just doesn't cut it. ;-P

*sigh* Well, I'm gonna talk to Electric Ir and see about the first Project Foward level being looped. I think I'm also going to make a level. ;)

P.S. Levels can be 1.23 or 1.24 as TSF supports 1.23 :cool:

And also remember that Monolith's server still rules. Back on topic:

Hah, your server was up! (Along with Alberto's idle server...) Mine had so many problems. (Once again the evil router plays games.) Also, I watched Scooby Doo and the Cyber Chase, so by the time I got around to checking it, it was too late. *sigh*

~SB