PDA

View Full Version : Info about possum

FQuist
Nov 30, 2001, 01:56 PM
<b>1. What is possum?</b>

Possum is a project started some time ago by a few Jazzjackrabbit fans. It is a platform game with rpg and adventure elements. It is heavily story-based.

<b>2. Where can I download it?</b>

You can't download it right now. It's not finished yet and it will be released as a commercial game.

<b>3. When is it expected to be finished?</b>

Within the upcoming 4 millenia. There is no projected or set release date at this moment.

<b>4. Where can I find more info about this game?</b>

You can find the official site at <a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/skitch">http://www.jazz2online.com/skitch</a>. It has a few screenshots and some content, but not much.

There are two possum fansites to date. They contain interesting info about possum. Both sites try to collect all the information about possum there is.

http://www.geocities.com/alister_j_t/possum/ - Toxicbunny's site. Contains fan work, downloads, screenshots and a introduction to possum and it's engine.

http://www.moron.nl/possum/ - Electric IR's website. Contains downloads, screenshots, interviews, a poll and more general info on possum.

Both fansites are cool.

<b>5. How much will possum cost?</b>

This is unknown.

MaGoo
Jul 16, 2002, 06:17 AM
I always wondered...

Ninja
Jul 21, 2002, 02:29 AM
I dont think this should be marked, "Cool"

KRSplat
Jul 21, 2002, 07:08 AM
I do. It reduces people asking questions like "what is possum? I MUST KNOW I MUST KNOW".

Although not many people do that anyway.

Hare
Feb 8, 2003, 02:35 AM
This isn't exactly news... Ok, it most certainly above all certainty is not news. Appears this thread was started back in 2001, and someone decided to bring it up from it's grave.

Hare
Feb 8, 2003, 02:37 AM
wait... why am I getting threads that were last posted on back in july of '02?

FQuist
Feb 27, 2003, 06:52 AM
This thread was made 'sticky' or 'cool' so it keeps on top of the page. It's just to avoid some obvious questions in the forum.

KRSplat
Feb 27, 2003, 01:09 PM
Yes. When you see the Cool thing, it means that it will always be on top of the list until an administrator removes its Cool status.

Ninja
Mar 1, 2003, 08:23 AM
Uh, it took you people 1 year to reply to that post.
Congratulations.

I knew what cool meant, just back then I didn't like the Possum, and thought teh Possum killed Jazz, and wanted teh Possum to die.

FQuist
Mar 1, 2003, 08:42 AM
;p

Bluez
Apr 9, 2003, 01:09 PM
Cool, I'm still the voice talent.

-Bluezy Bunny

KRSplat
Apr 9, 2003, 01:28 PM
... you ... are ...

Bluez
Apr 9, 2003, 03:38 PM
What, you make it sound like that's a bad thing...

-Bluezy Bunny

KRSplat
Apr 9, 2003, 04:08 PM
Actually, that was just my surprise of seeing you here.

defalcon
Apr 9, 2003, 06:01 PM
Bluez? It's you! Back for the Bash or something? :)

Wild Angel
Apr 10, 2003, 01:38 AM
Bluez? No way! *cuddles* Doubt you remember me if it's you, but, I'll give it a shot-- I'm 7ØF9. Remember her?

`Wildie

The March Hare
Apr 10, 2003, 02:46 PM
Bluez... who's Bluez? :lol:

Good to see you, dude. Oh wait, you don't know me... but I know you. From the JMMB. I always liked your posts, don't ask my why.

Can you maybe post a teeensy bit more frequently, like, more then once every two years? :D

-The March Hare

Bluez
Apr 10, 2003, 04:52 PM
Augh! Go away you crazy stalkers! *hides*

I wish I was back for the bash, but unfortunately no longer have Jazz2 on my computer (and still haven't found that CD, argh!) And if not for that, I'm still disappointed that I don't see my levels still in there... *sniffle*

And yes, I remember just about everyone here that was here before... kind of. I'm not THAT old! Err... how old was I again?

And as for posting more often, YOU try joining the airforce and then asking your drill instructor for permission to post messages on a rabbit forum! Quick way to find out how many pushups you can do all at once.

Sheesh, I wasn't expecting anyone to remember me. I'm so loved! *Hugs everyone in half*.

-Bluezy Bunny

P.S. You know they don't sell Jazz2 in stores anymore? The nerve! Now where can I get a copy without using a credit card?

Radium
Apr 10, 2003, 05:16 PM
If you've just lost the CD you could legally download a copy, as long as you <i>did</i> buy it.

FQuist
Apr 10, 2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Bluez
Augh! Go away you crazy stalkers! *hides*

I wish I was back for the bash, but unfortunately no longer have Jazz2 on my computer (and still haven't found that CD, argh!) And if not for that, I'm still disappointed that I don't see my levels still in there... *sniffle*

And yes, I remember just about everyone here that was here before... kind of. I'm not THAT old! Err... how old was I again?

And as for posting more often, YOU try joining the airforce and then asking your drill instructor for permission to post messages on a rabbit forum! Quick way to find out how many pushups you can do all at once.

Sheesh, I wasn't expecting anyone to remember me. I'm so loved! *Hugs everyone in half*.

-Bluezy Bunny

P.S. You know they don't sell Jazz2 in stores anymore? The nerve! Now where can I get a copy without using a credit card?

Hello. ;-)

Actually Green Beret is included in the battle pack this time, AFAIK.

And you will have a hard time getting it in the stores. God Games is dead. You can get TSF from Aiko/Haze though, but I don't think those TSF versions ship JJ2 with them, still, you'd be able to play.

You should also look <a href="http://www.dutchfurs.com/~haze/?cat=gameinfo&event=shopguide">here</a> even though you asked for copies that didn't need a credit card.

Trafton
Apr 10, 2003, 05:33 PM
Not true, Radium.

Wild Angel
Apr 10, 2003, 09:33 PM
*ponders* I have the CD. I'm willing to send it to you. It might take awhile depending on your connection, being I assume it's 56.6k. Heh.. 11mb. Now that'd be something to explain. *giggles and shifts her glasses* Anyways, I have a copy of it. Missed ya, Bluezy.

`Wildie

Bluez
Apr 10, 2003, 11:45 PM
Whoah! It's Frankenquist! *Hugs Quist in half, fourths, eights, and so on*. OH! If Possum really is still in the works, I thought of a really fun character/boss to add in! Poke me on ICQ 12145644.

Angel, I may take you up on that, but it'll have to wait a few weeks 'til I can get on on my own computer... and that'll be a cable connection! Moo ha ha! (Although right now I'm on DSL, I can't stand anything K anymore).

Radium is actually right, Trafton, I do own the license to Jazz2, but unfortunately, I have no way of proving it to the cops. So shh...

-Bluezy Bunny

Ninja
Apr 11, 2003, 07:41 AM
YOU OWN THE LICENSE?!?1/1 OMB1/!

Btw, WB. :)

Trafton
Apr 11, 2003, 08:27 AM
By liscence he means the right you get to use the game when you purchase it, not the rights to the characters and whatnot.

Ninja
Apr 11, 2003, 08:45 AM
Oh. :(

Wild Angel
Apr 11, 2003, 09:10 AM
DSL isn't too terrible but it depends. I'm on cable that's the speed of a T1 connection. It makes for quick sending. I'll have to fiddle with the ports on my firewall so that I can send outgoing.

`Wildie

Bluez
Apr 11, 2003, 11:38 AM
Don't worry 'bout the DSL, it wouldn't be on my computer, anyway. Gotta wait 'till I can get on my own computer by which time I'll also have cable. So there! And muchos danke, domo merci!

-Bluezy Bunny

Wild Angel
Apr 13, 2003, 03:19 AM
*grins* Oh, by the way-- http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7705

`Wildie

NinJazz
Jul 11, 2004, 02:33 AM
Cool! I wonder does it has multiplayer? 8D

the WINNER
Apr 15, 2005, 06:26 AM
Someone should

a) REMOVE this thread from existence!
b) UNSTICKY this thread. This is not Possum Forest anymore!
c) EDIT the non working links!

FoxBlitzz
Sep 30, 2005, 02:56 PM
Indeed. That is why I choose to resurrect this topic. Blargh!

Puffie40
Dec 5, 2008, 09:41 PM
Is the game still being worked on?

Ricerind
Dec 6, 2008, 02:02 AM
Is the game still being worked on?

No.

Puffie40
Dec 6, 2008, 09:53 PM
A shame. the screen shots looked promising.

Love & Thunder
Jan 2, 2012, 04:11 PM
(Sorry for old thread revival, but this is a relivent question, and why open a new thread for such a question?)

2 Things:

1. This thread should be Unstickied, as Possum is dead.

And 2. Why did Possum stop being worked on?

Stijn
Jan 2, 2012, 04:50 PM
1. No reason to, it's not like it's in the way or something

2. People lost interest/moved on/etc

MrAlextov
Aug 8, 2013, 06:48 AM
Lock this thread, dead

Stijn
Aug 8, 2013, 11:46 AM
Good reply.

VashTheStampede
Apr 29, 2015, 07:45 PM
Kinda sad Possum never got finished. The other guitarist in my band is nicknamed Possum.

Would have been cool to show him.. and then get him to play Jazz 2

luke11685
May 23, 2016, 06:36 AM
Does Epic Games company founder Tim Sweeney and rest of crew are thinking it's Jazz Jackrabbit spiritual successor or supreme clone?Any news about this fangame,yet?

Treylina
May 23, 2016, 08:22 AM
TL;DR; It died long ago. Read. The. Posts. Read the dates. Many projects die nor come to fruition.

luke11685
Jul 21, 2016, 04:43 AM
perhaps Stijn Köster gonna ban me forever or delete this post for bumping old thread.He adviced me talk with FQuist admin about his indie/fangame a'la abandonware on private message mode,but perhaps he didn't respond me or i never sent him any pm.Perhaps I can revive this fangame by recreating it on blender or unity 2d,but only maps.I'm feeling extremely sad unnecessarily I quarreled with unreal engine forums and unreal slacks about my indie game Blues Armstrong some guy knew about my jazz2online activity on unreal slacks.At least this time more I tried to focus on very important thing more done by myself concept arts prooves are on my tumblr account.It seems my game will infridge copyrights.I have no idea when jazz jackrabbit itself anf games-like-this will expire perhaps in 2079 or 2080.

Stijn
Jul 21, 2016, 04:58 AM
it's dead