PDA

View Full Version : How do I completely remove TSF from my computer? I don't want it anymore!

Hareoic
Dec 1, 2001, 08:19 AM
I tried deleting everything in the registry, I deleted the folder that held it, I tried uninstalling it, I even deleted all traces of it I could find with the search program, but it won't let me reinstall version 1.23. If anything, it made things worse! I don't want TSF anymore! I need some help!

MaGoo
Dec 1, 2001, 08:37 AM
Format your harddrive

Hareoic
Dec 1, 2001, 08:47 AM
:confused: How?

$tilettø
Dec 1, 2001, 09:19 AM
lol go to dos
d:/format C:

or a:/format c:

or just go to Software Uninstall TSF Download RegCleaner Deletes the TSF String Whola!

Link
Dec 1, 2001, 10:43 AM
You can't format the hard drive like that. The format program is only for floppies.

But you don't need to format the hard drive. Just explain what exactly the problem is. What errors does it give you when you try to install 1.23? I don't think it is TSF conflicting. I have 1.23 AND TSF and they don't conflict with each other in any way.

$tilettø
Dec 1, 2001, 10:50 AM
he only wants to Remove it and you can Format your Pc in that Way if your in DOS

ElectroPiZZa
Dec 1, 2001, 11:34 AM
It is not necessary to format your hard drive.

If you just plainly 'deleted' the TSF folder by itself, all the registry and installation entries are still existant, and the case could be that the Jazz 2 installation program "recognizes" that it has been previously installed and doesn't need to install again. Which brings me to a quick reminder; don't delete the program just plainly with a delete command. Instead, uninstall the program so that all registry entries are removed.

Hareoic
Dec 1, 2001, 11:37 AM
Well, maybe I didn't delete it yet, but how do I get rid of it? I try to reinstall 1.22 but it says TSF is more up-to-date.

Newspaz
Dec 1, 2001, 11:38 AM
Control Panel > Software > Jazz Jackrabbit The secret files > Add/Delete

This will uninstall it. There is also an uninstall program in your TSF folder.

ElectroPiZZa
Dec 1, 2001, 11:39 AM
The registry entries for TSF are still there, so you'll have to manually delete them. Be careful, working with the registry is "extremely dangerous". At least, that is what everyone else says.

ElectroPiZZa
Dec 1, 2001, 11:40 AM
Newspaz: If Genex deleted the TSF folder all by itself, uninstallation of the program will give a message that it cannot find any of the specified files to uninstall and it'll discontinue with the removal of registration entries.

Hareoic
Dec 1, 2001, 11:44 AM
Actually, mine was a downloaded zip file, so I can't delete it that way.

ElectroPiZZa
Dec 1, 2001, 11:48 AM
I sense suspicion.

Violet CLM
Dec 1, 2001, 12:33 PM
Simple, he got it illegally. I think he's mentioned that before.

$tilettø
Dec 1, 2001, 12:35 PM
lol @ElectroPiZZa

look at the Dir u unzipped it theres prolly a Uninstall.exe

Teej
Dec 1, 2001, 02:25 PM
Yeah but that won't work! Since it was a downloaded copry, the uninstall willl probably not work.

Krezack
Dec 1, 2001, 02:45 PM
arg
ok goto hkey users amnd search the tsf srting and jj2 string delete them goto all the other hkeys and search for tsf and jj2 and delete them

uninstall jj2 before hand if you can

delete the jj2 folder

now install jj2

Hareoic
Dec 4, 2001, 05:28 PM
I can't email and I'n not old enough to use ICQ.

Krezack
Dec 4, 2001, 08:31 PM
Ah you have yet to learn one of the simpler things in life genEX it's called a lie :P icq just do that so they cant be sued or something, they really dont care who uses icq.

Alberto
Dec 5, 2001, 04:11 AM
Hmm, then GenEX, I dunno how to help you then, I need to establish a contact with you so I can help you much better.

Bobby aka Dizzy
Dec 5, 2001, 11:01 AM
If the two of you are both online at the same time, you could set up a private message on going messaging thing over this. Since it will pop a box up you always know when you get a new one. It's quite nice :)

Hareoic
Dec 5, 2001, 12:47 PM
Dizzy, you da mod!:lol:

Alberto
Dec 6, 2001, 02:17 AM
Hmm, I sent GenEX a private message and it said that his private message mailbox is full, GenEX, delete them!!!! :P

Hareoic
Dec 6, 2001, 12:03 PM
Alright, I did it.

Hareoic
Dec 6, 2001, 03:04 PM
Well, I was able to cut/copy Jazz from the CD to a folder, but I can't update it to 1.23 because TSF is still on my computer somewhere! Are there any ways that you are REALLY sure will work? I'm running out of options!

Alberto
Dec 7, 2001, 02:46 AM
Yes, and I know how.

But GenEX, go to http://www.hotmail.com
Make a new account, then get MSN Messenger and talk to me with it, we need to contact eachother fast, I can't help you thru the board.