PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or...

defalcon
Dec 2, 2001, 02:39 AM
Is it just me, or do battles online seem less...well, seem different? Battles and stuff used to be so frenetic. For example:

- My first ever online game, very cool. Custom level, me and Onag duked it out, about 5 other people joined and I got creamed. :D

- One of my favourite CTFs? Crimson Diamond: Fquist and Onag on me (I think). Very cool, very taxing on my fingers. A heck of alot of fun.

- Another cool CTF game: Myself, Xeno, some other people in Capture 1 (Tubelectric CTF). The others weren't doing much, but Xeno and I were racing between flags, buttstomping each others heads and blasting each other apart.

- A hide and seek on a level where if you ran fast enough, you'd turn invisible. Me, Xeno and Bobby and someone else I think, running around and being a thorn in each other's sides when we changed our colours to match the background. (tileset mez something and the background was dark purple, so we did camoflage. :) )

But nowadays, most battles on the net consist of:
Log into server. Usually a ridiculously structured homemade level with all the guns hidden. Some new players who don't even use the run button. Half the server only wants to talk, and some of the players log in and out, swear and spam for fun.

So, tell me, is it just me?

Krezack
Dec 2, 2001, 02:54 AM
Um you nheed your memory checked :) because you forgot the part about people making up a bunch of crap (sometimes good) new game types and hosts banning people for saying a clan names.

Michael
Dec 2, 2001, 07:25 AM
Which little gnome in your head told you that one?!
j/k.
It's true, 95% of newbs are (awesome, cool, and amazing). And the good ol' days realy were good.
The communaty is (saved) and makes me wish Jazz was an RPG where the goal wasn't most kills/roasts then I'd go around (hugging) you all for not holding up the communaty and all the newbs for (fixing) it up, good people though could survive.. no wait, there allready is a RPg where I'm killing everyone.. bah... another wouldn't hurt..
Just forget all that I said >_<
Remember though that 95% of newbs are (awesome, cool, and amazing). And the good ol' days realy were good.
Ok, time to go to next topic.

Derby: Content edit. Attacks, broad and thin alike, are not tolerated.

MaGoo
Dec 2, 2001, 08:56 AM
I said it before and I'll say it again. 100% of the newbies were welcomed 2-3 years ago. And you know why? Because (///).

Derby: Content edit.

VelKa
Dec 2, 2001, 09:29 AM
(Ahem)
Uh...are we attempting to attack newbies? I personally don't see anything wrong with them, unless they're really annoying.

Krezack
Dec 2, 2001, 11:34 AM
Uh derby your needed!

Link
Dec 2, 2001, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by MR MAGOO
I said it before and I'll say it again. 100% of the newbies were welcomed 2-3 years ago. And you know why? Because (///).

Originally posted by Nitro
It's true, 95% of newbs are (awesome, cool, and amazing).

Ummm...maybe look at it from their point of view. They don't try to be annoying. Just sometimes they are. And other people are annoying too, just as much as the newbies (maybe even more). Just the newbies are picked on because they are new. Think of how they feel when they read stuff like this. Who do you think they think are (cool guys), (awesome, cool, and amazing)... :mad:

Derby: Quotation edit. (Not an offense.)

ElectroPiZZa
Dec 2, 2001, 03:43 PM
This is by far the topic with the most edits by Derby in it that I have ever seen.

GuMmYBeAr!
Dec 3, 2001, 04:49 PM
noobs aren't... bad.. I mean.. This is what we were like when we were n00bs too. Okay there is a few lame exceptions but if we want jj2 to survive we must accepts noobs... it's not by staying on this board that they will stay on jj2... If you'd come into a server without anyone to play with (okay... when I was a noob it took me at least 20 mins to figure out I was alone in a server) would you still want to play?

..if you really love it, yeah. okay.. I didn't say anything. forget it. u.u

...mmmmmaybe this board keeps us in contact but if everyone here would play jj2 daily it would be better.

(alright it gots a lil borin' for me but i still play.. sometimes u.u)