PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Son of Good Stuff Weekly

Buster
Dec 2, 2001, 10:27 AM
Well, I've been thinking (I know, I know, but sometimes I just can't help it).

I've got a cable modem now (when I left I was on a 56k), so I could reasonably host a server.

Which brings me to another point...

I used to have a weekly server called Good Stuff Weekly, designed sort of as a "Jazz Singapore Network" server. You make levels, I host them each week.

Anyone want to do this again? Before I had some problems because I needed someone else to serve them, and due to some upload problems I was having, I couldn't host levels with new music because I couldn't upload any files.

But, these problems are gone now, so there aren't any problems with me doing this again.

So here's the deal...

Every week at, say, 8PM EST on Friday (I think that was when the old one was held) I'll host a server called Good Stuff Weekly.

Every week will be a different set of levels, and the type of server will be rotated weekly between Battle, CTF, and Treasure (actually, Treasure is iffy).

Music for the levels will be uploaded by Thursday.

Now, to start things off with, I'll be selecting levels from the ol' Jazz 2 Online archives, as well as from the ton or so levels I have in my old Cache (which has never been emptied before).

But, from this point on, anyone who wants can create new levels and submit them, and they will be hosted for the next game of which type they match (within reason...poorly made levels need not apply, and I reserve the right to decline levels).

Anyway, sound good to anyone?

See you Friday.

~Buster

BTW, I'll probably be uploading the music files to my own website, since I don't want to clutter J2O with them. I'll post the link to that later, since right now the old (very old) site isn't that great :)

Tik
Dec 2, 2001, 11:13 AM
Sounds good =). Too bad I won't be able to play at alll =(

If you want to bother, I will now passively submit the battle levels included in SXR...

I'm done. Whee Hoo Ha!

Bobby aka Dizzy
Dec 2, 2001, 11:23 AM
Sounds good to me Buster. I could upload the music files to J2O in something other than the download database and post news about it or something too.

Chiyu
Dec 2, 2001, 11:44 AM
Interesting idea, Buster.