PDA

View Full Version : This is Dino, with news!

Dairou
Dec 3, 2001, 06:05 PM
In the past couple of weeks, I decided to just sit down and write out Possum. For so long I've been so hesitant to jot anything down that I've got virtually nothing done; I wanted a perfect game but I realized an empty game is far from perfect.

So now I've written over twenty documents sketching out details about Possum. And so far everyone I've shown it to seems to like it. I've created new characters, renamed a few places, made weapons and other items, designed a "magic" system (still in the works of course), and am a good ways into the storyline itself. It's a very unique game, eclectic in style and with its own personal tone. I love how it's fleshing out.

Anyway, I read something about you wanting a Christmas present, and I'm considering possibly introducing some of the new characters, or otherwise enlightening the masses of the game in some other manner. I'm not sure yet though. :o3=

-Kyle (Dino)
(World's Laziest) Lead Designer, Possum

FireSworD
Dec 3, 2001, 07:11 PM
:confused: Uh, why a different name?

Dairou
Dec 4, 2001, 01:41 PM
I forgot my password to "Dino" and the email I had registered for it doesn't even exist anymore. :o3= Dairou's another one of my aliases just so you know. As is "Rysiak."

FQuist
Dec 5, 2001, 12:02 AM
I sent you your dino pass.

Buster
Dec 5, 2001, 07:37 AM
Wow, a rare piece of information from Dino :)

I would love to see some more information on Possum. The game is looking (and sounding) awesome.

(BTW, I feel for you with the pass thing. My J2O account is stuck because I forgot my old password. Now I'm on there as Buster_Snowbunny).

~Buster

Zero-Dai
Dec 6, 2001, 09:45 AM
nice ideas dino. Although a magic system? If you put that into inverted commas due to it just being the basic idea, not actually being magic, kewl. However, it just seems that magic aint the right thing for Skitch. Nice ideas again.

KRSplat
Dec 7, 2001, 04:42 PM
Possums don't usually do magic. But... possums don't usually save Road Island and whatever else Skitch has to save(how do I remember these things?:p), and weasels don't usually try to take it over. And rabbits don't usually have guns. Or have their own planet. Or have somebody take it over, either. And... (the list goes on, and on, and on like they claim Energizer batteries, or the Energizer bunny, which is EASILY outdone by Jazz, Spaz, and Lori does...)
But, magic would be kewl :)

Just a comment from one of your many supporters.

Newspaz
Dec 8, 2001, 01:02 AM
Magic? Dino have you started reading Harry Potter books or so?

FireSworD
Dec 8, 2001, 09:18 AM
Please no magic.

Dairou
Dec 8, 2001, 10:43 AM
It's not magic, ok? I put it in quotes because there's no other name for it right now.

And I hate the entire Harry Potter franchise, thank you very much.

Newspaz
Dec 8, 2001, 12:52 PM
It's rat Power!

Kaz
Dec 8, 2001, 10:00 PM
You could always make classes... like the possum class with a gun... another class with magic... and so on.

KRSplat
Dec 9, 2001, 06:17 AM
You mean types of possums?

Dairou
Dec 9, 2001, 10:05 AM
Classes wouldn't fit the story well though. :o3= I know what I'm doing, don't worry.

Dreama
Dec 9, 2001, 10:14 AM
Awesome, Dino. :) I can't wait to see Possum..^-^

Stijn
Dec 12, 2001, 01:15 AM
If you guys always work so hard ont Possum, it would be ready much faster ;).

Kaz
Dec 12, 2001, 04:22 PM
They have lives too ya know... But if you guys ever plan on getting a publisher the graphix need to be very very good... all the special effects possible =P.

Lamer
Dec 18, 2001, 09:38 AM
Nice to see that Possum is still being kept alive, keep up the good work, Dino.

Newspaz
Dec 18, 2001, 10:02 AM
Will we get scrrenshots this christmas including Agama's work? And multiple layers? ;)

FQuist
Dec 19, 2001, 12:29 PM
I doubt Agama finished anything already. He just joined a while ago and last month they started contacting eachother or so.

Krezack
Jan 21, 2002, 02:35 AM
Neato!

Stijn
Jan 21, 2002, 08:14 AM
Where are the christmas presents?

Krezack
Jan 21, 2002, 11:22 PM
*CHUCKS A XMAS PRESENT AT FLASH AND IT KNOCKS HALF HIS TEETH OUT* merry xmas flash!

Xeno_old
Jan 27, 2002, 02:33 PM
Too bad they aren't Rats or mice. Then you could use Che instead of Magic (Get it, Che? as in Cheese. And playing off the word Chi. BaH, nevermind!).