PDA

View Full Version : FortCTF (Moderated By Gargoyle)

Gargoyle
Dec 4, 2001, 06:45 AM
Scroll Down If You Havent Been To This Post Before.
----------------------------

Update!
Very Nice Blurred! I love the new tileset, i suppose i might have to convert it into castle1 though, or i could change all the other levels into castle1 eclipse. Anyway, ill keep all the forts in a safe folder on my comp, and what i meant by no ice behind any layer was that ice ammo could not be hidden from the players eyes. And it could be either clans or groups, but i suggest that clans create their own teams\groups.

Update!
Here are some basic rules, dont use them, but in the next round ill change them:
-A sucker-tube minimum\maximum speed (-10 and down, +10 and up)
-Limited power-up suply (3)
-No superblaster
-Limited weapon number (Meaning that you can only have a certain ammount of weapon kinds; 4, for now)
-No triggers
-A direct entrance to the fort's flag (what i mean is; no monkey business)
-No shields
-Only one fort per team (Meaning that every team can have a maximum number of prepered forts for each tileset)
-Ice cannot be behind a foreground layer (this will be changed, but it's to prevent warp tricks and employee room techniques)
-Maximum 5 rabbits per team.
-Powerup delay minimum (10 seconds for now)
-No M\SCE's (To prevent access violations)
-When permited, one airboard only per fort
-No change of level size when creating forts
-The most right or left tiles cannot be changed (the ones that lead to the main part of the level)
-This will probably be changed, but i think that there should be at least 3 Jazz\Loris on every team
-Glitch control (meaning that there cannot be any glitches in the level, and if there are, then put warps around them.
-The CTF base cannot be behind any foreground layer.

Update!
I have uploaded 2 files to a temporary website-

The FortCTF Temporary Page (http://www.geocities.com\fortctf\)

Start Working! Please finish your forts by 20/12/01. This is only a test run, and so far there are no rules, but your levels will be tested by me, and must pass clearence by-me. Please send your finished forts to Me! (zybug@hotmail.com)

Update!
I allready considered the fact that people could make obsurd fort designs, but that was my point! To make the other team have the chalenge of making an even better one! But you are correct that there should be guidelines and inspection. And i love Spaz Boy's idea about making both teams do eachother's forts! That would definitly limit the ammount of cheating.

I was playing worms world party, and i just had a brainstorm.
Why not try making fortCTF! like in WWP! There would be a base level, and then each group of players would form a team, and work on a fort with a ctf base inside it. then the "fortmaster" would place both forts on the base level, and vualla! instant custimized ctf play! of course the forts would have to be made out of the same tileset. tell me if you support this idea.

A more detailed explination:
I will create a base level, base as in the base of a building. Then each team who wants to play this will create their own fort with a ctf base in it, lets say 50x50 tiles. Then i will copy the "fort" from the level they made it in, and paste it in the base level. Then the teams will play capture the flag (or assualt if they play with only one fort) and then they will basicly be fighting to see which fort is better, and inittially, who is a better level builder! Get the point now?

Gargoyle
Dec 7, 2001, 04:11 AM
Why isn't anyone replying??

RosetaJOL
Dec 7, 2001, 08:15 AM
Sometimes it takes a bit for ppl to answer, I dont even know whats this is about.

blurredd
Dec 7, 2001, 12:42 PM
Hmmm... sounds interesting.

I may join in this project.

JanusJackrabbit
Dec 7, 2001, 02:45 PM
Most of us are working on level packs and trying to release them around Christmas. That's why we are busy.

Kaz
Dec 7, 2001, 03:31 PM
Clan forts or just group forts? I'll be glad to make a few, and what do you mean by no ice behind foreground?

KRSplat
Dec 7, 2001, 04:29 PM
That means no ice where you can't see it, I think.

blurredd
Dec 7, 2001, 05:01 PM
I made a small simple level with fort1red.j2l

Basically it could be much better; it took me like half an hour to make so don't complain on it's quality.

You can get it from http://www.geocities.com/blurredd/levels/, just click on forts01.zip

Tell me what to change in the level 'cause i really have no idea what exactly I'm supposed to do.

BTW, I included the Castle 2 Eclipse tileset in the zip, but it's not an official release of the tileset or anything. And I also plan to update that zip file once I update the level.

Stijn
Dec 10, 2001, 05:07 AM
Sounds cool... But maybe this belongs in JCS ;)

FireSworD
Dec 10, 2001, 06:53 AM
Yeah, i agree with Flash.

Kaz
Dec 10, 2001, 04:36 PM
frostbite?

Michael
Dec 10, 2001, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Gargoyle
Why isn't anyone replying??
Hehe.. newbies saythat alot, I remember I used to :-P
No offense.

blurredd
Dec 12, 2001, 01:25 PM
Should I drop this project or what? So far no one gave me input in the level that i made a link to in my earlier reply. I'm assuming no one really cares about this FortCTF thing...

BTW, I'm too lazy to email you, Gargoyle :P

Gargoyle
Dec 26, 2001, 05:30 AM
Why wont anyone send me stuff?! Are u all 2 lazy or just dont want 2? And for all those who will only do it if other do, then here's a thought: why dont u do it so that all the others who say that will do it?

Gargoyle
Jan 1, 2002, 06:25 AM
Grrr.....

JanusJackrabbit
Jan 1, 2002, 09:47 AM
It was your idea. You do it.