PDA

View Full Version : Jazz ChatBot? (Project Forward)Idea?

$tilettø
Dec 4, 2001, 11:02 AM
Hmm i was thinking about something like this

a program which you run and when Someone Joins the Server and Says "Hi" "Hello"
Or anything else the Bot Replays is this Interesting or not?

if yes we could do something like Project Forward 1 guy Does the layout the other coding and stuff Tell me.

||Slim
Dec 4, 2001, 01:23 PM
I was thinkin of that idea...

it would be cool if like a person breaks the rules (ie says a bad word frequently) the bot automatically kicks them...

:lol:

Link
Dec 4, 2001, 03:02 PM
I can help.

FireSworD
Dec 4, 2001, 03:30 PM
I think it's a great idea! i'm getting tired of saying "AHEM!" all the time.

Monolith
Dec 4, 2001, 04:31 PM
I've had that idea for a while, but don't know the stuff I need in order to make a program that interacts with JJ2. I'm pretty sure I have all the other parts thought out though.

Link
Dec 4, 2001, 04:33 PM
I was thinking...maybe there could be a way to incorporate the A.L.I.C.E. bot with this (http://www.alicebot.org)

Then we wouldn't have to program all the AI ourselves :D

Hellraiser
Dec 4, 2001, 05:15 PM
My friend has a chat bot on his MSN messanger list.
( smarterchild@activebuddy.com )

It automatically responds to your messages. maybe you could take a look at it, and build your own based on it.

(but maybe, if a bot project ever comes to be, make it work with the bot)

$tilettø
Dec 4, 2001, 10:01 PM
Yea Something like that

i havent tried Alie Bot
and i have the code of that MSN bot im not sure if it would work for jj2 because for msn you need to add a api "Messanger api 1.0 libary"

Slim: i think that that would be Possible Overlord made a program that if someones cheating he gets banned maybe we could use that and change something?

Krezack
Dec 5, 2001, 02:03 AM
hmmmmmm i think that it wouldn't be needed to interact with the server but with the listserver:
when the listserver detects someones entered a game it send a message to the game or makes the game type hello well anyway i think that the listserver will need to be though of as its really the only thing that can detect when a player enters a game your own computer cant can it (i know it activates their memory address' and stuff but does it actually detect a player has entered?).

what would be really cool is something im working on:
a programme to change the fur colour now if we can make this then we could likley also find the address' for names and chat messages heck we already have the address' to turn triggers on and off so yea i think it could be possible to memory edit it into the game.

$tilettø
Dec 5, 2001, 02:15 AM
we already have the Chat adresses

well you run the Program Someone Joins and Says Hi the Program Detects that and Says Something Back

Krezack
Dec 5, 2001, 02:39 AM
um on this subject: um maybe this should go on j2hg but how do i use the windows api with delphi?

$tilettø
Dec 5, 2001, 03:03 AM
Hmmm Use VisualBasic? :P

For Delphi check it out
http://www.monique-covet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=99

~SPLASH~
Dec 5, 2001, 03:21 AM
This looks more like something for J2HG, rather than Project Forward. :D

Krezack
Dec 5, 2001, 03:54 AM
not just an ugly face afterall are you stilleto :P j/k hehe
thanx ill check that out.

$tilettø
Dec 5, 2001, 04:03 AM
No i dont think that this is Something for j2hg

just Work Together on this,

Krezack
Dec 5, 2001, 04:10 AM
stilleto whats your icq number?

$tilettø
Dec 5, 2001, 04:26 AM
Look into my Profile

URJazzCC
Dec 5, 2001, 06:05 AM
Hey. This looks like a pretty good Idea. And I havean Idea for it. If we used Links chat log program, then the program can scan the messages that are displayed, and then if it sees "______ joined the game" then itresponds, and if a person has already joined, then it says "WB" or something. And we could also get it scanning for certain words that you preset to kick a player our for. And I don't think this is for J2HG, but maybe for like link, since he made chat log.

Cpp
Dec 5, 2001, 07:38 AM
I tried something similar... Created Project Omega which detects kills that way. This was HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD to do! All those lines of code just to eliminate some stupid bugs. But I was thinking wouldn't it be easier if the program detects when somebody joins when this address: 005A53FC (1.23, player 1, for each player you must calculate a new address. I'm pretty sure you know how) is set from 0 to 1. When that player leaves is't set back to 0. So?
I use it alot for my auto-programs.

$tilettø
Dec 6, 2001, 09:08 AM
handy.

so Could we get this thing going.Z?

Monolith
Dec 6, 2001, 09:13 AM
If someone wants to give me a crash course in Windows programming and hacking Jazz2 memory in C++....

Krezack
Dec 6, 2001, 11:49 AM
Sure monolith but i will only be able to help you a bit.

Spaz Boy
Dec 6, 2001, 03:58 PM
Just another AI company that I know about:
http://www.zabaware.com/
They have made an AIM Bot, AI Reps, and more. Although I doubt you could break down their coding legally....

Anyway, I'll take a course too. =P
Actually, I'm thinking about learning a programming language. Would you say Basic or ++?

~sb

Krezack
Dec 6, 2001, 10:18 PM
C++ since you can learn VB easily enough yourself also look into delphi :D

Stijn
Dec 10, 2001, 05:00 AM
Spazzyman is working on that. Well, he said he was, some months ago, at Monolith's server (aka Battle server).

Cheeze
Dec 11, 2001, 01:19 PM
what's j2hg?

anyway, it sounds pretty cool. I did some stuff with the listservers, so i have an idea of what to do. I'm not much on coding (at least c++ or vb, cuz i don't know them) but playing around with monitoring the network traffic would be cool so that we'd know what packets to send and what they all mean.

Also, this sorta goes along with the idea (we'd have to figure out the network junk either way, unless you're planning on reading memory addresses and then hacking them somemore in order to make jj2 chat for you), but make a server program that can create a server w/out jj2 itself. It's be a great way to host a server, and i'd like to make it multi-platform so that all us linux users (as well as mac, and bsd, and whatnot) can use it, too. Perl seems like a good idea to me, but maybe C/C++ would work, too.

-cheeze

Link
Dec 11, 2001, 02:21 PM
I think it would be much easier to just use the chat memory addresses (like in ChatLogJJ2). You can acomplish the same thing without all the mucking about with winsock\other sockets.

But I like the idea of a Linux JJ2 server. Then I could host a dedicated server too :). It might be easier though if we had the JJ2 source code.

Cheeze, J2HG stands for Jazz 2 gameHacking Group. The site is http://link.idlegames.com/j2hg/. It is basically a group of people (we have 10 members now) who are into programming and modifying the memory, as well as other stuff. It isn't a cheating group though; we only make useful programs.

Krezack
Dec 11, 2001, 03:17 PM
maybe it should be renamed to Jazz 2 Modders group? :p

Cheeze
Dec 13, 2001, 06:01 PM
Hmm...sounds like what pennywise's jazzhack was. (or whatever it was called)
i've still always wanted to make a fun little program that plays aroudn with jj2's network, like a server program or a little chat/view program that'll tell you stats without actually firing up jj2, or a neat little stat page on j2o or something that'll take a peek inside each server and actually post who's in each server at a particular time.

It's not <i>extremely</i> complicated, and if anyone wants to play around with the network aspects, that'd be cool. I've messed around with the listservers in both aspects (sendning and recieving data; ports 10054, 10053, 10057), if we'd need to do some slight fiddling around with that, too. I've also taken a look at port 10052 (i monitored port 10052 when connecting to a server) and it looks rather logical, so it can't be took bad to work with. The only downside is being that i don't know any real programming that could be used for this; i know php, and i'm taking a class in pascal at school, but neither of these would help. (php is a web scripting language, and i don't know enough of pascal, not to mension it's not the best language in the world).

~cheeze

Krezack
Dec 14, 2001, 04:05 AM
try telneting a listserver on ports 10050-10060 ehe especially 10056.

$tilettø
Dec 14, 2001, 05:29 AM
hmmm lets get this started in vb,

i need some info on Send Keys...

Alberto
Dec 14, 2001, 09:09 AM
I had one of those programs Mono :P

$tilettø
Dec 23, 2001, 01:38 AM
hmm this is quite hard i need a packet sniffer........

F!re
Dec 23, 2001, 03:41 AM
I got one word: YAWN!

Krezack
Dec 23, 2001, 06:07 AM
I agrea, stilleto you've taken on a project which is to big for you to handle mabye try something smaller first?

Black Energy
Dec 23, 2001, 07:54 AM
My old leader could most likely do this, but I don't posses the skills to help.. Sorry...

$tilettø
Dec 24, 2001, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Krezack
I agrea, stilleto you've taken on a project which is to big for you to handle mabye try something s

maller first?

LIKE????

TELL ME WHAT !?>!?!??!

CannibalBob
Dec 28, 2001, 08:13 PM
no.
no bad idea
very bad. nobody likes bots. why not just make "JazzJackrabbit Tournament" with bots which say "My house" and it lists frags and you get the pulse rifle?
LMBO I crack myself up!