PDA

View Full Version : Server Eject

Spaz Boy
Dec 6, 2001, 04:12 PM
This is really weird, and it did it one day to the TSF Server. (A very rare server to be up. =p) Anyway, let me describe the problem:

1. I start up server on TSF.
2. People join.
3. My brother joins a game on Starcraft.
4. Everyone is ejected at the same time...except for once...someone stayed in somehow...
5. My brother gets dropped from his game.

Hope you can tell me why this happens.

~SB

Krezack
Dec 6, 2001, 11:23 PM
your computers are networked?
if thats not the case then this is:
your isp does not allow too internet connections to be active on your account at the same time :( so they kick both of you off (mine only kicks 1 of the connections off)

Link
Dec 10, 2001, 01:44 PM
Maybe Starcraft and JJ2 use the same ports? I don't know though; I don't have Starcraft.

But if you use a router it might have something to do with that.

Lamer
Dec 11, 2001, 05:38 AM
Unless you have a fast connection, I think you lack the bandwidth to join a TSF game and play Starcraft at the same time.

Spaz Boy
Dec 19, 2001, 11:36 AM
Yea, I do have a network/router. (The router works as the network) It is a Linksys 4 port ethernet blah blah blah, and I do have DSL, plus, it's never done it before that one day. No, Starcraft doesn't use the same ports cuz it runs on "BATTLE.NET" so everything is simply hosted on their laggy server. (It doesn't use ports at all ;P) And I don't think it does it with 1.23...

~SB

Krezack
Dec 19, 2001, 10:42 PM
Well spaz boy looks like i accidently dfound the cause....goto the internet settings once there...uh lemme check....ok goto the connections tab>sharing button>then uncheck enable internet connection sharing...see if that helps cause thats what was booting me from jj2 server every 10 seconds.