PDA

View Full Version : JazzJackrabbit 3 profanity

MaGoo
Dec 7, 2001, 02:43 PM
A while ago, a friend of mine was looking at the text messages in JJ3 demo beta. And he noticed that in 2 of the sound files, Jazz swears. This just goes to show you that a childhood hero has his secrets. :P

JanusJackrabbit
Dec 7, 2001, 02:50 PM
Maybe this shows that the people that stopped making it were crazy.:roll:

Kaz
Dec 7, 2001, 03:33 PM
Well... in megaman X4 with the little kids advertising it, they curse.

Monolith
Dec 8, 2001, 04:33 PM
Maybe they rubbed off from the UT engine...

MaGoo
Dec 9, 2001, 05:02 AM
I heard the file, it sounded like the rabbit himself. ;P

FireSworD
Dec 9, 2001, 07:56 AM
:mad: what did you expect?! Unreal and the Unreal engine are both EVIL! :D now lets all say... AHEM!

Alberto
Dec 9, 2001, 08:25 AM
It was Jazz.
Shall I post the files here?

Haze
Dec 9, 2001, 09:15 AM
Nope. :)
A. 'Tis still illegal (talk to the dev team first)
B. For the same reason most of us object to swearing. :)

Yours,
me

KRSplat
Dec 9, 2001, 09:19 AM
Swearing sucks. I'm tired of saying ahem. I'm banning everybody who curses in my server. (which is nobody, I don't have a server, but that's off-topic)

Alberto
Dec 9, 2001, 09:21 AM
Okay heh, it just was a question Haze.

By the way Magoo, it's not neccesary you say "a friend of mine", you can perfectly say my name.

GuMmYBeAr!
Dec 9, 2001, 09:45 AM
whats wrong with swearin? gawd....

Alberto
Dec 9, 2001, 09:50 AM
Dunno, but I cuss so much.

MaGoo
Dec 9, 2001, 01:33 PM
Actually Alberto, I was going to but then I thought you would get mad because then people would know you have the game.

Krezack
Dec 9, 2001, 03:06 PM
Give me the game! give me the game god darn you!
*twitches around on the floor like a dieing fly*

i swear a bit aswell but i try not too though. I say the word that means your soul is stolen by the devil or something alot

FireSworD
Dec 9, 2001, 03:45 PM
I wish they would make a program that automaticly kicks someone who cusses,cheats etc because i've seen some pretty nasty people on iCeDs server when the Admins weren't there.

VelKa
Dec 9, 2001, 03:48 PM
(Ahem) I don't exactly believe in swearing, mostly because it's somewhat annoying at times. (Ahem Ahem Ahem) However, it's not like we should be....uh....overreacting though. =p

Txl Kill
Dec 9, 2001, 05:45 PM
Umm for a program like that cheating thing might want to check out overlords site he already made a program that kicks cheaters and tells you who cheated in a log its pretty neat!

Krezack
Dec 10, 2001, 01:00 AM
hmm overlords not working on that right now firesword but im sure its on his wishlist.

Spaz Boy
Dec 10, 2001, 02:43 PM
Well that's nice. Looks like our Furry Little Friend is sick of being such a goody-good. ;-P
Or maybe they thought that if Jazz swore every other sentence, the game would be rated Teen or Mature, then they'd get more buyers. MWHAHAHAHHA
Hey you little turtle! YOU WANT SOME A DIS??? HUH? YOU TALKIN TO MEH??

The cute little bunny...gone bad. It's a cruel, cruel 3d first person shooter world little bunny, and you better run, run, run your tail off. ;-P

~SB

Kaz
Dec 10, 2001, 04:40 PM
ACtually the game was pretty good... and it does need some profanity, everything does once in a while.

VelKa
Dec 11, 2001, 10:45 AM
Uhhh....you're....right. It doesn't exactly sound "normal" for some wacky green rabbit to be swearing his furry head off.

I'm sure that my parents would complain if someone in the household purchased a game with plenty of swearing....I don't really think some younger people around the house need to learn a bunch of "new words" just yet. ;)

Electric Ir
Dec 11, 2001, 12:40 PM
Hehe. This thread makes me laugh. Just imagine how irritating it would be to start with a level, and Jazz starts talking: "Where the %*@( am now. Those **@$#() turtles really *#*$( me off last time"

Hehe. I think it wouldn't be such kiddie-game anymore and even some more older gamers would like it.. :[

Derby: Content edit.

MaGoo
Dec 12, 2001, 03:54 AM
WHY IS THE ^%$&*%^ RABBIT TRYING TO RUN THROUGH THR ^%$&%& WALL??? I JUST SHOT THE %&^a$&(% THING AND IT WONT STOP &^%$%&$% RUNNING!!!

Derby: Context edit.

Spaz Boy
Dec 12, 2001, 02:04 PM
HEY SPAZ! GET THE _ OVER HERE NOW! WHERE THE _ HAVE YOU BEEN? NEXT TIME IF YOU ARENT HERE IM GONNA LEAVE YOU! HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA AHHHHH! _ THE TURTLE BIT ME!! _ YOU TURTLE! *Starts to use every cuss word on the turtle* THATS IT!! IM GONNA BLAST THE _ OUT OF YOU NOW!!!!! MWHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIE TURTLE! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAvHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAvHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAvHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Goez on a rampage*

Oh, well, better not get this topic closed. ;-P

Red_XIII
Dec 29, 2001, 11:38 AM
No it's not the cussing,

IT'S MAKING ME LAUGH LIKE (-)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

really,

my sides have split

ShadowGPW
Dec 29, 2001, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Red_XIII

I love that :)

JZBlue
Dec 29, 2001, 02:57 PM
Oh look, he said a bad word *giggle gigle*

( Hahahaha.. -Shadup! (-) o_o )

Derby: Content/Filter Bypass edit.

Derby
Dec 29, 2001, 03:53 PM
Log, sometimes I re-filter, sometimes I censor, and sometimes I simply truncate content so it looks like nothing changed. ;-P

Kaz
Dec 29, 2001, 04:11 PM
Hmm, what are the sound files?

Red_XIII
Jun 5, 2002, 12:31 PM
WHAT THE! IS THAT? THOSE THINGS ARE ATTACKING AT ME LIKE. SPAZ GET YOUR FURRY PANCREAS OVERR HERE! YEAH YOU **** ******* WHAT? I JUST WANT YOU TO JUMP THE *** IN FRONT OF MEH AND ***** SUICIDE. GOT THAT (-)?

Derby: Content/Filter bypass edit.

ElectroPiZZa
Jun 5, 2002, 12:57 PM
Yeah, well, this topic was bad enough even before it was revived.

||Slim
Jun 5, 2002, 03:21 PM
strange post by red.

4I Falcon
Jun 7, 2002, 08:02 AM
HERE YOU GO, YA @()&% TURTLE! I'M GONNA $#&$# KICK YOUR @$#% $@%&^, YA #$%&% %$%&* DEVAN! TIME TO #$%^&* DIE! RAARRRR *%&^$%! *shoots wildly* YOU $%&^% #$&*^, YOU %*&$ SHOT ME! YOU $#%&* #@$*( OF $%&* YOU $%&*$ AND $%^& YOUR $%^* @#^*% !!!!

*dies*

%^&$#!!!

Alister
Jun 7, 2002, 09:08 AM
Actually, there are some swear words in some of the Jazz 1 files, as I recall.

Cesar
Jun 8, 2002, 11:33 PM
hmm... now that you mentioned it, I did found a vulgar sound sample in Jazz3D (only 1, that is), but never used in game. Hehe, wow :D There are many other strange sounds that is never used in the demo.

MaGoo
Jun 9, 2002, 04:02 AM
This thread is old, stop reviving it :P