PDA

View Full Version : How interested would you be in getting your hands on a QoB tutorial?

Phoneix
Dec 9, 2001, 01:57 PM
For every 5 "yes" answers I receive, I'm going to post a piece of the tutorial. After 20 "yes" answers, the poll I will ask to be closed.

Kaz
Dec 9, 2001, 05:16 PM
That would be stupid and only the noobs would download it and then we couldn't ask "What's on the other side of the door?" for QoB and seperate the "newbies" from the better people... and they should figure it out for themselves and not have somebody do it for them.

Txl Kill
Dec 9, 2001, 05:48 PM
Hehe im not newb but what is QoB (i probably already know im just high right now : ))

Monolith
Dec 10, 2001, 07:45 PM
I have no idea what a QoB is either...

Buster
Dec 10, 2001, 09:21 PM
Queen of Board, that most ingenously annoying puzzle by the late great Dethman.

It is a very large level (prehapes the largest ever made for 1.23) involving perplexing mazes and numerous deathtraps made all the more devious by the fact that such a large level messes with 1.23 so that it will crash any attempt to save a game of it.

As a result, the many "pick a door, pick any door" traps make QoB an exersize in iron-man patience.

~Buster

Only the strong survive...

VelKa
Dec 11, 2001, 08:49 AM
I don't really want a QoB manual. I think we should attempt to figure the puzzle out ourselves.

blurredd
Dec 11, 2001, 05:40 PM
Is there even a place to d/l QoB??

Tik
Dec 18, 2001, 05:38 PM
I've beaten QoB with no cheats =D It was crazy hard. What was it about Dethman and impossibly hard levels. NiGhTmArE wasn't hardly as evil, but up there still.

It's prolly been stuffed onto J20 somewhere I would think. I checked out the official Jazz2 site and found nothing, and the link in the Mystic Legends homepage is broken, and I can't think of anywhere else except 90% of every Jazz2 oldie's hard drives.

I say this in a totally biased and snotty manner: I like my Mines of Moria level better. <font size =-8><i>Just wait for Mines of Moria 2</i></font>

Wakeman
Dec 21, 2001, 11:51 PM
This is exactly why Brian needs to post that J2C archive.

http://wakeman.d2g.com/j2s/downloads/ml_qob.zip

-Steven

Krezack
Dec 22, 2001, 12:39 AM
Alright before everyone complains the link probably uses dns2go and thus it is a bad link whenever wakemans is offline.

Disguise
Dec 22, 2001, 12:40 AM
*faints*
Wakeman?!?!

Man, you're the last person I expected to see here, but hewwo to you anyways! ;)

Krezack
Dec 22, 2001, 12:44 AM
Are you gonna keep posting? and playing?

EDIT: Pleeeeeeaaaaaaaase?

Wakeman
Dec 22, 2001, 11:49 AM
Don't worry, I'm never offline. :) Unless that link never worked in the first place, you should be fine. wakeman.d2g.com will be the home of the J2S archive in due time.

I also never expected to find myself here, but every now and then I like to check and see how things are going in the community. Unfortunately, I don't see my "dead" status in the community as changing anytime soon. Honestly, I just don't have the time to devote to Jazz anymore, or pretty much anything else on the computer. There probably isn't a single Jazz fan who hasn't gone through the stage where they think they'll be the last sole survivor when ther rest of the community goes to pieces, but life goes forward despite our furry friend. I still love Jazz 2, but there are just too many higher priorities in my life now. You should at least be happy to know that, although I'm not playing Jazz 2, I'm also not playing any other game. I still haven't found anything better. :)

So I can't promise anything, but you can always e-mail me, even though my response time can be a little high... I'm glad to see that the community is still sticking it out, although I'm silently mocking all of you for those threads in the Jazz 3 forum. ;)

-Steven

ShadowGPW
Dec 22, 2001, 12:33 PM
WoW Wakeman posts.. say Steven still got that jazz 3 part.. i wanna take over :)

Wakeman
Dec 22, 2001, 02:08 PM
oh yes, I was going to send that to you. I'm just going to update it one last time for my archive and then you can do whatever you want with it.

-Steven

Newspaz
Dec 22, 2001, 02:12 PM
Jazz3 thing? Where who? What? Why do they never tell me anything.. Okay.. they tell me a lot. But this just is ehm weird?

Wakeman
Dec 22, 2001, 02:20 PM
hehe, this is what I was talking about in regard to the threads in the Jazz 3 forum. No sooner is a word mentioned about Jazz 3 or the mysterious demo than the entire community pounces all over it. Anybody who is "in-the-know" wants to make sure that everybody else knows that they are "in-the-know", and everybody else who isn't "in-the-know" feels betrayed and can't stand being left out. So it's not very pretty. :) I guess it just shows how hungry everybody is for something new in the world of Jazz Jackrabbit.

At any rate, there's nothing to fear, I was only talking about the Jazz 3 section at Jazz 2 Stuff which everybody has seen, and I won't be updating it with anything that you don't already know. I'm sorry to say that I no longer have the inside sources that I may have once had when I worked for Jazz 2 City. ;)

-Steven

defalcon
Dec 22, 2001, 08:09 PM
Wakeman, are you running in invisible mode on ICQ? Grg!

Wakeman
Dec 22, 2001, 09:55 PM
Yes, I am. I go invisible to check for messages. I only remember one conversation I had on ICQ since the school year started, so you need not worry that I'm only ignoring you.

-Steven

Wakeman
Dec 22, 2001, 09:59 PM
Also, I apologize to the admins for making this thread off-topic.

Krezack
Dec 22, 2001, 10:30 PM
heh well you know what to do in your free time :D

Wakeman
Dec 22, 2001, 10:36 PM
Only as soon as I finish answering all of my e-mail.. =)

Krezack
Dec 23, 2001, 12:02 AM
Off topic: Ouch now thats gota hurt heh especialy if youve got a bunch of spam.

ShadowGPW
Dec 23, 2001, 03:15 PM
<WOW> he posted a lot of postes..

say wakey play on 9th April 2002..
Anniversary bash IV

Talec
Dec 23, 2001, 05:29 PM
I started a tutorial, but as I've never gotten past the beginning of the blind maze (evil thing... ¬¬), it only goes to there. Twould be nice to see the rest of the level after that o_O

~Talec

defalcon
Dec 23, 2001, 05:32 PM
Wakeman, that link doesn't work. :P
I never got too far in QoB. Tried it once or twice, then I lost the level. :(

Wakeman
Dec 23, 2001, 06:40 PM
ok, so how many of you can access my server? http://wakeman.d2g.com
I know it used to work, but that was before I had a bad error on my computer and lost all of my settings..

-Steven

Krezack
Dec 23, 2001, 09:55 PM
i can't why not a get an ftp programme or soemthing?

Wakeman
Dec 24, 2001, 10:19 AM
The QoB link should work now. Sorry about that.

-Steven