PDA

View Full Version : Announcement for any EMs around

FoD
Dec 9, 2001, 08:14 PM
I'm going out on a limb here, going ahead without permission from the other leader(s)..

I think that this summer, I'm gonna figure out what EM is, and who's playing for it. Sound fair?

The way I'm thinking of doing this is by having every single one of us (with the exception of three) try-out AGAIN. I need to see what kind of endurance we've all got for this game, and who's still good.

This may be un-fair to those who don't have time to try-out again.. maybe we'll work something special out for them.

Thanks for reading this insanely long, boring, and pointless post.

~FoD

MaGoo
Dec 10, 2001, 04:09 AM
Hopefully this will create some competition for GpW. ;P

VelKa
Dec 10, 2001, 08:38 AM
Oohhhh....sounds good FoD =P

*thinks* I was wondering who was still in the clan anywayz...haven't seen too many of the EM folks around recently. I missed EM it must have been a good clan when the members actually played. =(

FireSworD
Dec 10, 2001, 08:41 AM
Ya know, i really wanted to join EM.

VelKa
Dec 10, 2001, 08:58 AM
Me too. ;)

~SPLASH~
Dec 10, 2001, 09:03 AM
Question: Why?
:confused:

FoD
Dec 10, 2001, 11:02 AM
If you're avaible Wednesday, you may be one of the guys I test.

Krezack
Dec 11, 2001, 02:01 AM
heh you wanted to join GpW and DL aswell firesword, you cant just want to join because the clans are respected you must pick one because you like it.

Stijn
Dec 11, 2001, 05:20 AM
Magoo, TT asked GpW for a fight. Muhaha ;). We'll see. I'm a nerd, I know, but I think TT is a good clan, so... *evil grin*

Okay, I'll shaddap. Sorry for this dumb post and going off-topic.

FireSworD
Dec 11, 2001, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Krezack
heh you wanted to join GpW and DL aswell firesword, you cant just want to join because the clans are respected you must pick one because you like it.

Well, i like EM.

FireSworD
Dec 11, 2001, 10:23 AM
Questions and Answers on why i want to join EM etc...:

Q: Why do i want to join EM?:

A: Because i like the name "Elite Mercenaries" and joining a clan with member such as... iCeD and FoD.

Q: Why not GpW?:

A: GpW is too HARD to join i got a taste of the trial and i don't think i would make it through the trial so i bailed out and for a LOT of other reasons why i didn't join GpW.

Q: Why not DL?:

A: Too MANY people with "Fire" in their names like FireClaw DL or F!re DL. Did you know tha Noraa spelled backwards spells my real name? so theres already too much of "Fire" in DL.

Bobby aka Dizzy
Dec 11, 2001, 11:00 AM
FireClaw DL or F!re DL

Fireclaw no longer plays so he isnt in the clan.
I dont know the last time I saw F!re either... wonder where he went.

Noraa I haven't seen for a couple of months, maybe he'll come back some time.

FoD
Dec 11, 2001, 07:09 PM
Well, I'll see who shows up tomorrow.

FireSworD
Dec 11, 2001, 07:20 PM
At what time FoD? i suspect your one hour behind my time here in New Mexico, so a good time would be around.. say... 3:00 PM? if you live in Washington, that would be 4:00 PM my time.

VelKa
Dec 11, 2001, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by FoD
Well, I'll see who shows up tomorrow.

Arr, yes, I'll try to attend tomorrow (Wednesday). But finals are coming up next week or something and I really oughta be studying more. =P I come online at odd hours, mostly because I'm homeschooled. I'm probably going to be on around 1:30pm-3:00pm tomorrow.

Disguise
Dec 12, 2001, 12:44 AM
GpW too hard to join?

Hmmm, Fire Sword, let's say I told you that you would've made the trial membership, would it still be too hard to join? I kniw I know, Shadow hasn't agreed to that blah blah, but I've actually got some brains underneath all this rust, and I've seen you play, and you've got a pretty good report card :)
Yes, I suppose GpW is too hard to join for a lot of people, but we do like to keep the clan at a professional level, and don't want it to grow too large (like it used to be). However, I should say that the trial membership is not really a test of your battle skills, but more of a test of your attitude towards other players. Unfortunately, there is only a certain amount of information that can be gained from a single test battle, and it's not enough to let someone join. So, we put that player in GpW for a while and see how they're doing.

Personally, as far as I'm concerned, I've made up my mind after the test battle, but there are some tiny things I would still like to check out, and a trial membership is perfect for this ;)
Don't be afraid of the trial membership, be honored! :D

As for FireClaw, he's a cool guy, hehe, a good friend of mine. We're playing D2 coop at the moment, and it's mucho fun :D
Hehe, yeah I know he doesn't play JJ2 anymore, but he plays loads of other games, and I play them too! We're sorta gaming buddies so to say. Oh, and boss (if you read this), I think you should grab FireClaw for Brood War GpW. He's very good, even when we played half a year ago, almost (if not already) at my level, awesome guy ;)
Another note, I've told Nemesis, and he talked to him, I just hope he joins ;)

ShadowGPW
Dec 12, 2001, 02:27 AM
THE NEMESIS? ;P yes the AD dude ;P

Disguise
Dec 12, 2001, 02:37 AM
boss? Man, you'd better be at school or somehting like that, or I'll be the most jealous person on the planet. My teacher already saw me loafing by checking on here, lol.

Krezack
Dec 12, 2001, 04:04 AM
Geez ye sound like the mafia calling him boss :lol:

BæÅüMàÑ
Dec 12, 2001, 04:35 AM
eheheh... don't ya know? Gpw also stands for Giovanni de shadow's Personal War-arsenal, eheheheh

er... ok... that was just stupid :p

Disguise
Dec 12, 2001, 08:41 AM
Hmmm, firts of all, I don't think a clan leader will have an argument with another clan leader if you decided to join their clan. Of course, he might (i should actually say will not but there might be some very small exception) not like the idea. Also, the clan leader that is recruiting you might find out from 'un-named' sources (how this happens i dunno, but everyone knows everyhting basically) that you like to join and leave clans and they won't accept you. A member that joins and leaves clans as he pleases is not a very good one.

VelKa
Dec 12, 2001, 08:58 AM
I left GpW for a personal reason this time. Actually, GpW is the only clan that I joined and then left. Other than that I prefer to remain "loyal," it's only that I didn't *feel* like sticking with GpW....I think I might Actually Stay with EM if they accept me =P

FoD
Dec 12, 2001, 09:48 AM
I may be on at 3:00 my time (yes, Washington, PST). Just check the serverlist then.. I may be there. If not, I'll definitely be on a bit later than that.

FQuist
Dec 12, 2001, 10:35 AM
I can't attend today.

I am prolly out of EM then.. I am not good at jj2 anymore after not having played for weeks. :(

FireSworD
Dec 12, 2001, 11:27 AM
Alright then, FoD, i'll meet ya in Monolith's server at 3:00PM (your time) right? chances are i'll be there if not maybe sometime in the future.

FoD
Dec 12, 2001, 03:10 PM
Good job all who made it.. Megumi, Violet (maybe), and Firesword.

Fquist, the other thing isn't til this summer.. you've got time to practice.

FireSworD
Dec 12, 2001, 03:15 PM
Speacial thanks to Dizzy, without him i wouldn't have made it into the private server to duel!

Ice M A N
Dec 12, 2001, 03:43 PM
Well.. I guess I'm out then..
EDIT: I hereby officially resign from leadership and membership of the Elite Mercenaries.

FoD
Dec 12, 2001, 04:07 PM
Me too, then, I reckon.

Due to Ice M A N's resignation, I too resign. Farewell.

defalcon
Dec 12, 2001, 04:43 PM
Nooooo! I missed it! I missed the tryouts! Nooooo! Waaaah! Oh life is so cruel!

iCeD
Dec 12, 2001, 05:21 PM
Does that mean I can start an EMSBTLQ (EM Sucks Because The Leaders Quit) clan, FoD, I C E Y?

FoD
Dec 12, 2001, 05:25 PM
Fine by me, iCeD. I don't think it would last very long though. Too many letters.

FireSworD
Dec 12, 2001, 07:13 PM
Why can't iCeD lead EM?

defalcon
Dec 12, 2001, 07:38 PM
Hey, whoever the leader or EM is now, can I organise to join? Back when Onag was around, it was going to be organised but never happened. Then I tried to organise it with FoD just recently, but I missed the tryouts! Whoever the leader is, could we please organise a tryout sometime?

VelKa
Dec 12, 2001, 07:52 PM
(What's going on here?)

Disguise
Dec 13, 2001, 01:37 AM
IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY!!! SPACE MAN DIDN'T DO THIS!!! HIS EVIL TWIN FROM PLANET WISHAYATHUB DID!!! IT'S STILL ALIVE!!! NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

sigh, I hate it when things come to this. Anyways, good luck to what's left of EM. I reckon iCeD would be the best to lead the clan, but I don't really know ppl who are in EM so I'd better just shut up ;)

Good Luck to EM from me, honestly.

Krezack
Dec 13, 2001, 04:50 AM
Ugh stupid mafia *shakes head* bwahahahaha. ugh my headache is really bad now anyway um good luck EM

$tilettø
Dec 13, 2001, 05:12 AM
So um EM Stopped?????:confused:

FireSworD
Dec 13, 2001, 06:29 AM
I'm sure their are some leaders left if not... I think iCeD should lead.

Ice M A N
Dec 13, 2001, 06:49 AM
Rocky and Onag were the other leaders, and we all know how active they are. ;-P

$tilettø
Dec 13, 2001, 07:02 AM
Not

EM didnt had any Active leaders had they?

FoD not Very Active Fquist not very Active Ice-Man Not very Active

hmmm....

edit: Ice M A N i mean.....

VelKa
Dec 13, 2001, 08:27 AM
Arr, this is weird. I don't think I should comment on this, being a newbie member of tha Clan =P

FQuist
Dec 13, 2001, 11:59 AM
Stiletto, I passed on my leadership.. I haven't been inactive as I've barely been a leader.

Ice M A N, FoD? Can you.. uhm.. do something better then just killing off the clan like this? Decide on leadership, etc?

$tilettø
Dec 13, 2001, 12:27 PM
Im Just saying Which Leaders of Em Werent "Very" Active Nothing wrong with that

Ice M A N
Dec 13, 2001, 01:04 PM
I intended to leave FoD as leader. Of course, I also always had tons of intentions for the clan, but none (er.. almost) of them came through..

I don't really care what you guys do.. you should probably be able to pick a leader or decide to disband or whatever on your own.

FoD
Dec 13, 2001, 03:10 PM
I intended to make the clan better by getting new members. According to Ice M A N, I broke a rule. So, he resigned to leave the clan to me, and I resigned because I'm sure not going to lead this clan without Ice M A N to help me out. So, the leaders are gone, and what happens? I predicted that EM would die. I hope you'll all prove otherwise.

Disguise
Dec 13, 2001, 05:43 PM
FoD you seem to be on the right track in leading EM, honestly.
I mean, first you started this post, and got 2 new EM members to join (who've been running around the servers with little EM's in their names proudly). Also, the most important art is that you've been active, trying new stuff, that's ALWAYS a good sign. Seriously, give it a try, if you're going on like you're going on now GpW and DL won't be the (if you pardon the expression, as it's only an expression) 'big bullies' (i hope you know what i mean) in JJ2 clans anymore.

I'm sure Space Man will answer questions for you and help you out(if you ask him enough ;) ). If not, you can always ask me for advice. Yes yes I know I'm not an EM, and I prolly don't know anything about the clan, but I've had clans in my life span, and is also currently temp. JJ2 GpW leader (until GoldBones reports back). I'd be glad to help out on advice and such.
And please, don't make this some sort of clan related story like 'Disguise is a multiclanner!' or whatever. GpW is strict on multiclanning and I will still remain loyal to GpW, but if a friend needs help then that's what I'm gonna offer as much as I can.

$tilettø
Dec 13, 2001, 09:48 PM
i think that FoD should lead it.

and what if someone wants to join who should they ask if theres no leader?

defalcon
Dec 13, 2001, 09:56 PM
FoD, I recon you should lead. Very active or not, aside from iCeD, who else is there? Cause you gotta figure that Fquist and Ice MAN haven't run the JJ2 application for a year now, and Fquist seems reluctant.

So whoever is leader of EM, could I tryout? I missed the tryouts cause of school and didn't get to try. :(

FQuist
Dec 13, 2001, 11:33 PM
We haven't? I play like once a month. ;p
I'm playing more often anyhow.

FoD, if you really want to leave, heck, I can be just as inactive a leader as Ice M A N, and help you out. I will help you..

Ice M A N, you did well, anyways.. not that you were very active but you had the good ideas.

Krezack
Dec 14, 2001, 05:16 AM
Now Disguise...why on earth would we tag you as a multiclanner you silly multiclanner *shakes head* silly so silly

Ice M A N
Dec 14, 2001, 09:56 AM
Haven't played in years? lies! granted, I haven't played in a month, but but before that I played occasionally (and almost whenever I was asked by someone I knew), and ages ago I played all the time.

$tilettø
Dec 14, 2001, 11:26 AM
well FoD reply

and add me to icq ok

FoD
Dec 14, 2001, 02:57 PM
Chill, chill.

Listen everybody. My resignation was irreversible (unless Ice M A N resumes his position). I"m not in EM anymore, and I'm not sure as to why Stil and some other people think I should still be leading.

I think it will go best for Jazz2 and EM if we all calm down, take deep breaths, and continue to live. iCeD's already working on EM a bit, though he's not officially the leader. That's good enough, I suppose, for now.

~.

VelKa
Dec 14, 2001, 03:48 PM
Just please don't let EM die. =P

FoD
Dec 14, 2001, 03:59 PM
Well, I wouldn't kill it (not that I can now anyway).

FQuist
Dec 15, 2001, 03:59 AM
Ice M A N thinks I should be leader.

If that's okay with FoD..

Krezack
Dec 15, 2001, 05:32 AM
Uh EM and DL merged?!?

FoD
Dec 15, 2001, 09:06 AM
That's fine with me Fquist.

Ice M A N
Dec 15, 2001, 09:43 AM
I thought you should've been a leader a while ago, too. =P

FreeLancelott
Dec 15, 2001, 10:18 AM
i think this whole EM/DM idea is just plain stupid.

EM was a clan of oldies, the bestest.

if anything, let it die with respect! don't just open it up to any newbies who are good enough, let them make their own clans!

i mean really!

VelKa
Dec 15, 2001, 10:26 AM
(No Comment Here, FreeLance.) I'm Not a Newbie, really. And besides, I'm currently in training, so NYA. Once I'm finished training (this is only my 3rd day so far, since I began on Thursday), I *should* be able to fight somewhat well, even in CTF. :rolleyes:

FireSworD
Dec 15, 2001, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by FreeLancelott
i think this whole EM/DM idea is just plain stupid.

EM was a clan of oldies, the bestest.

if anything, let it die with respect! don't just open it up to any newbies who are good enough, let them make their own clans!

i mean really!

I don't want to sound mean here but you've got to stop calling me a newbie because it's getting annoying! i've been around for a LONG time!

$tilettø
Dec 15, 2001, 10:58 AM
Dude dont take anything so serious he aint calling names or something sheesh

EM was always a clan where i wanted to be in in the Newbie Years but much players stopped Playing and being inactive...

iCeD is the only "Decent" Player in it whos Kind of Active now.,....

FireSworD
Dec 15, 2001, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Krezack
Uh EM and DL merged?!?

Yeah, now were known as Demented Monkeys! Dark Mercenaries! i think?

FoD
Dec 15, 2001, 11:17 AM
So it's a done deal?

FreeLancelott
Dec 15, 2001, 12:13 PM
that is just STUPID.

dark mercs? puh-LEASE.

and i know you all are not newbies, but compared to onag and such, i'd say we're all little babies.

$tilettø
Dec 15, 2001, 12:37 PM
ya what a name

EM is a cool name....

Onag never seen him in action and i never will seen him in action

FQuist
Dec 15, 2001, 01:17 PM
Maybe instead of merging it, let EM die. Then just allow all the EM members to join DL?

I think EM is a great loss, it was always special to me, a clan solely consisting of oldies. And good ones too. I was very proud I was accepted. I agreed to the merger as EM is dead, but I think Freelance's idea is a good one.

Ice M A N
Dec 15, 2001, 01:38 PM
FreeLance, I couldn't have said it better myself. And I definately like Quist's idea more than whatever you guys planned on doing/did.

ShadowGPW
Dec 15, 2001, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Fquist
Maybe instead of merging it, let EM die. Then just allow all the EM members to join DL?

I think EM is a great loss, it was always special to me, a clan solely consisting of oldies. And good ones too. I was very proud I was accepted. I agreed to the merger as EM is dead, but I think Freelance's idea is a good one.

I call that a merge btw :)
also I don't think we can handle that power anymore so we are Doomed and forced to be second place also ile can the war then sinds there is no way to win

Krezack
Dec 15, 2001, 03:48 PM
um freelancelott DL arent newbies i rmember them being around over 2 years ago.

VelKa
Dec 15, 2001, 04:41 PM
(Someone really should have warned me that I was walking into an oldies-only clan. Then, I would have been smarter and not joined/attempted to join EM)

Krezack
Dec 15, 2001, 05:14 PM
Why should you not be accepted Velk? You have a every bit as much luck getting into an oldies clan as an oldie.....well thats how it should be anyway :P

FreeLancelott
Dec 15, 2001, 05:50 PM
i was talking about people that are allowed to join outside of DL.

from what i remember EM stopped taking members? or was that just what i was told cos i was too new/not good enough?

Michael
Dec 16, 2001, 02:58 AM
Talked to Quist the other day.
Can I join once your setup again and have a leader?
Either vote yourselfs a leader or if he wants to join vote between yourselfs or let he in if All of yo agree.
Reminds me of a guild Samurai on another game.. bah.

FQuist
Dec 16, 2001, 04:43 AM
I 'fought' with iCeD yesterday.

EM just died. It's few active members have joined DL which has changed it's name into DM.

Okay, that's a merge, but if you explain it that way EM dies with respect. :P

Ice M A N
Dec 16, 2001, 05:06 AM
"from what i remember EM stopped taking members?" Righto. Except if by any chance an ex-MERC,GG,eR, or eG member wanted to join..

$tilettø
Dec 16, 2001, 05:22 AM
this is to bad...

so FIresword is also in DM or wotever it is now.,,,,,,,,,,,..,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,
whats the EM Site?

FQuist
Dec 16, 2001, 09:48 AM
The official beautiful Merc/Em site died with nagcentral. :/

Ice M A N
Dec 16, 2001, 10:03 AM
I still have it, but I guess there's no use trying to find a place to put it since EM is no more :P

FreeLancelott
Dec 16, 2001, 04:13 PM
as long as EM is dead, and it's DL that changed to DM (sneaky ;)), im happy.

i can die now, my work here is finished.

im free at last!

FoD
Dec 16, 2001, 04:51 PM
You are, but am I?

FreeLancelott
Dec 17, 2001, 12:16 AM
:o only you can complete your mission. asking others for advice is not fair.:o

FoD
Dec 17, 2001, 08:56 PM
I guess this thread can die now. Requiescat in pace.