PDA

View Full Version : Help

Tarquin
Dec 13, 2001, 10:39 AM
My Dad and I recently networked our families two (working) computers. Unfortunatly When I use the internet sharing thing whenever I join a server, after about two minuts I get a Conection timed out error. Is there any way I can fix this???

Violet CLM
Dec 13, 2001, 12:39 PM
What router? Also, does Hosting a server work fine? Can people join?

$tilettø
Dec 13, 2001, 12:48 PM
u have to open some TCP and UDP port go to err Ask beto ;p

Tarquin
Dec 13, 2001, 02:34 PM
I don't have a router. I can host a server on the computer that is conected to the internet but the one that gets the internet through the sharing thing can't, I can't join a game without getting a CTO error on either of them.

Link
Dec 13, 2001, 02:34 PM
Are you using a router?

If not, you are probably using some silly Microsoft "Internet Connection Sharing" or something, in which case, there isn't anything you can do.

But, if you have a router, just forward ports 10052 to 10054 to the internal IP address of the computer you play JJ2 on. If you need help with that, contact me (ICQ: 60009299) and I can help.

Link
Dec 13, 2001, 02:37 PM
Whoops...we both posted at the same time!

Well if you don't have a router, GET ONE! Because with internet connection sharing your shared computer does not have an IP address, and therefore cannot accept or send out direct connections from\to other computers. For some strange reason, Microsoft did not include port forwarding.

Alberto
Dec 14, 2001, 09:04 AM
I can help you. But it will be hard

Well, let's see
1. Go to Start Menu and click on Run
2. Type Winipcfg
3. Watch the last option that says Link default door or something like that (my Windows is Spanish)
4. Check that IP, for example 192.168.1.1
5. Open your Web Browser and type the IP you just found (ex 192.168.1.1)
6. Check the options and open these ports: 10052-10054 in TCP and UDP.
7. Save the options, reset your Router.
8. Play Jazz Jackrabbit 2 and have fun!

If you still have problems contact me thru ICQ# 75144743 or MSN albertocastillo2001@hotmail.com

Tarquin
Dec 14, 2001, 01:18 PM
Dang...
Thanks for your help guys! looks like I've got another thing to add to my christmas list:)

KRSplat
Dec 14, 2001, 01:38 PM
lol...

That's probably what I need to do. But my router is passworded, and I don't know the password. ugh

Alberto
Dec 15, 2001, 02:01 AM
Well Tarquin, if you don't have a Router YOU can play still.
I work on a netcafe where we had a connection sharing network, like this:

Server host to---> all the computers

All the client computers were connected to a host computer, if you have 2 computers or more u can let one to be the server, the one that will be connected to Internet, and the other/s to be the client/s

If that's your case you must get Sygate Manager, then you install the server in the server computer, and the client in the other computers. And if you need help contact me, get my ICQ and MSN in my profile.