PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Goes LostBoys!

ShadowGPW
Dec 17, 2001, 08:36 AM
ShadoW goes to LostBoys Games. To Interview Arjan Brussee, I need Questions. A lot of Questions but this isn't only Jazz Related, I also don't accept Questions as "When does Jj3 Come" or "will you make JJ3" but more from the current projects.

The Deadline is Thrusday 12:00 Dutch Time (+1 GMT) So please come with Questions..

Btw, Who is Arjan Brussee? He is the Main Coder of Jazz Jackrabbit 1 and Lead Programmer of Jazz Jackrabbit 2

There website is http://www.lostboysgames.com

Dreama
Dec 17, 2001, 08:45 AM
WoW!! Congrats! :) Thats sooooooo cool..to meet him. :D:D You should get his autograph. ^-^ *Tries to think of questions.* I have a dumb question, sowwy. But, wot are his current projects? :)

Disguise
Dec 17, 2001, 08:47 AM
WHOA! QUESTIONS!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Lemme see:

1) Why is Disguise weird?
2) Are you weird?
3) What is the story behind the JJ1 cheat of your name?
4) What is the meaning of life?
5) Are you bored right now?
6) Do you accept bribes? *evil grin*

lol, k, that's enough, i should be more serious when we get a golden opportunity liek this :D

1) Why was the 1.25 patch never released?
2) Who can we contact concerning this 1.25 patch (that was told to only get some bugs ironed out on the mac side)?
3) Do you personally think there is a chance JJ3 will ever be released?
4) What are the chances of you working on JJ again?
5) If changes should there be made to JJ before you would work on it again?
6) How high (or low) is JJ on your priority list?
7) Have you had any contact with Epic concerning JJ?
8) Lots of JJ fans would like to have the source code. This has been given to other Epic games fans, why not us?
9) Are you aware of the fact that you don't need to make a patch if you give us the source code?
10) Do you have any other ideas for questions? My head is empty right now...

Hehe, enjoy ;)

stripe
Dec 17, 2001, 09:22 AM
don't have anything too original, but here goes:

What are you currently working on? (perhaps something so specific it won't violate any NDAs)

What's your favorite game (that you didn't make)?

Did you ever figure on there being (active) JJ2 sites 3.5 years after it was released?

stripe

Krezack
Dec 17, 2001, 09:43 AM
Do you relise that with the source code we would drop all emails and comments and questioons and never bug you again?
Why doesn't the JCS support multiple events per tile?
If you won't release the source code will you release an SDK(small developers kit)? (JCS is only a level builder)
Why is releasing the source code such a problem?
(note if he cannot answer these thats fine they are prolly ment to be sent to epic)

~SPLASH~
Dec 17, 2001, 10:00 AM
Im not going to give you a question like "why won't JJ3 be released?", instead, I will give you the demand: "MAKE JJ3, GET A PUBLISHER AND BRING IT OUT!". :D

FQuist
Dec 17, 2001, 10:49 AM
About the source code guys, don't you read the news on j2o? The sourcecode has been promised. They just asked us to wait 3 quarters of a year so things had calmed down with development.. there's not much point in complaining..

Newspaz
Dec 17, 2001, 11:19 AM
Get his autograph for me ;) Oh, ask him about what the future plans are for the Core engine, he might like something else :)

Ice M A N
Dec 17, 2001, 11:20 AM
Sourcecode. Sunday, June 10, 2001

I have talked to Michiel Ouwehand, a programmer from orange games(which is now a lostboys division), and he has told me that they wouldn't mind giving us the official sourcecode for Jazzjackrabbit 2. But, as they will have some legal issues, I have been told to warn them in a few months(half a year) when the things have "calmed down" a bit. He said that they might just send a few Lost Boys lawyers to Epic megagames to talk about an official release of the source code.

Actually, it says half a year, which, from June 10, would have been one week ago. And it doesn't say anything about a promise that we'd get it.. just that they'd try to contact Epic and whatnot..

iCeD
Dec 17, 2001, 12:19 PM
Yes, we definitely can't expect the source code until mid-next-year hopefully..

My questions:
Why are you biased towards the PS2? (I've read an interview with some LostBoys guys before and they said they were developing for PS2 mostly..)
How far did the 1.25 patch get in developement before it was cancelled?
Since no interview would be complete without this question: How's life?

VeggieMan
Dec 17, 2001, 12:57 PM
Ask him if he thinks Cliffy B is l33t...
If he say yes.. Kick him in the nutz for me Shadow. Yes an online kick in the family jewls.
If he say no.. Then tell him everyone over at JCF thinks he is l33t liek Jeff K.

GuMmYBeAr!
Dec 17, 2001, 01:12 PM
GO VEGGEI!!$

I AM CANADIAN

SteelTalon
Dec 17, 2001, 01:45 PM
Ask him if he thought there would be a pathetic obsessive following of his games in hundreds of people's lives... ;P

Bobby aka Dizzy
Dec 17, 2001, 02:00 PM
How about how business in general is going for lost boys.

Monolith
Dec 17, 2001, 03:37 PM
My question:

Is it possible for us to see a copy of the Game Design or Technical Design documents (if any) that were used for Jazz Jackrabbit or Jazz Jackrabbit 2?
I'd be interested to look into those.

Violet CLM
Dec 17, 2001, 04:27 PM
Do you actually believe that "Knights" shall be released in time for Christmas 2002? :p

Kaz
Dec 17, 2001, 04:56 PM
1) If we got our own engine how much would you sell the rights to spaz and Jazz jackrabbit?

2) The Blade gun seemed pretty awesome, did you take it out becuase it looked bad, you decided to use the animation for spaz's running, or what?

3) The source code for jj2, would you consider the game obsolete compared to today's games, even platformers like Megaman x6?

4) Define how the events are placed into memory... bits or bytes or dwords O.o and compressed or not?

5) Do you think of us as a bunch of losers. Feel free not to share your answer and e-mail KazAlgo@n2mail.com instead =d.

Link
Dec 17, 2001, 07:10 PM
Here are some questions:

In one of the JJ1 Holiday Hare versions, there is a picture of a baby Spaz. Was that put in there because JJ2 was already planned and it was a "sneak preview"? Or was the JJ2 Spaz made because of that picture?

Why weren't effects like the animated destruct scenery and the little pinpoints of light in the background (when everything else is dark) carried over into JJ2?

Why were the 3D bonus levels not carried over into JJ2?

In JJ2, why can't the bird shoot when you are morphed into it, yet it can shoot when you have it as a "bird buddy"?

Ok that is all for now...I might think of some more later though

Hellraiser
Dec 17, 2001, 07:15 PM
Here goes:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) What is your favourite Jazz game?

2) would you ever consider playing JJ2 online with us? (at least once)

3)will you consider releasing the Jazz 2 source code to us?

4) Despite previous comments, would you ever consider any new Jazz Jackrabbit projects again? If not, would you consider allowing a Jazz Jackrabbit/ JJ2 port for the Gameboy Advance or PS One?

5) could you release the Jazz 1 (or 2) beta versions for us to see how Jazz came to be?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
well, that's it for now. I'm all outta ideas.

Krezack
Dec 17, 2001, 10:00 PM
Could you hack into my computer and upload everything jj releted? (i know you can do it!)

ok sensible:

Would you be willing to be on a big chat every month or so and tell the general jj2 community (which is willing to learn) how to mod and make levels etc?

How does jj2 load levels? does it convert the file in the ram into the level or does it load the level into the jj2 application?

defalcon
Dec 18, 2001, 02:28 AM
- What are you currently working on?
- On a scale of 1-10 (1 being lowest, 10 being highest), what would you yourself rate JJ2?
- How many of the rights for Jazz do you have (if any)?

ShadowGPW
Dec 18, 2001, 01:50 PM
Ok, Ive rejected most of the 1.25 questions and the source code questions.

And can already fill the ansers for you.. 1.25 has been canned and won't come, Arjan made only a small part of it.

Source code is just simple, we have to WAIT!

Haze
Dec 18, 2001, 02:25 PM
1. Please tell a little about your pre-Epic days. You were a part of the demoscene, not?

2.a. What has been, until now, the most tough "nut-to-crack"-problem you've encountered in your coding career?
2.b. Following that, what has been your personal highlight in coding?

3. How would you describe a typical "day-at-the-office"?

4. What would you recommend a starting or wannabe coder? E.g. language to learn, keypoints, books to read, etc.

5. Let's see, Jazz Jackrabbit (2) versus Unreal and the Core engine. Seems like two different worlds to me. How did you (personally) manage the transition from 2d- to 3d-coding?

6. Games talk: storyline versus gameplay, what is the decisive factor for you?

7. Show off time: time to flash your system! Please brag about your setup. ;)

8. Future products: Could you tell us something about the project(s) you're working or going to work on?

9. Coding secrets: anything (easter egg) in Jazz Jackrabbit (2) we (the community) haven't found out yet? :)

10. Any final thoughts? Wishes to or FROM the community?

That should be enough. And send him my regards too. ;)
-haze

Tik
Dec 18, 2001, 04:46 PM
1.) What's up?

2.) Why so sick of Jazz? Do you cringe at the thought of a green bunny with a red bandana killing turtles? Do pictures of red bunnies torchure you in your dreams?

3.) What did you think of Jazz 3D? Did you get to work on it or put it any suggestions? Anything?

4.) Will Core ever go anywhere?

5.) Are you willing to 'accidentally' give ShadoW the source code?

6.) Did you print out the source code, put it on a stick, spit on it, light it on fire, and run around the office screaming gibberish?

7.) Why did you stop making the new patch?

8.) Did you know MCEs existed or was it just a very convenient and spiffy bug in the cource code?

9.) Can I have your autograph?

10.) What kind of pop do your drink to stay up late and code? Or is that just me who drinks caffeinated beverages into a new day on the computer?

F!re
Dec 20, 2001, 01:36 AM
ok here goes

1.What do you think about Jazz Jackrabbit 1 now you look back at the game?
2.How many copies of Jazz Jackrabbit 2 have been sold?
3.Are there any projects planned for the future?
4.Are the rumors true about a Jazz Jackrabbit game for the gameboy(advance)?
5.Why did you hire shadow:roll: ?

Krezack
Dec 20, 2001, 03:08 AM
hmm can't wait for the day Shadow.

Whats the go with the Lasor shield? it is in the JCs it is in the cheats and it works (not MP but that could be fixed) did you just not bother putting it in because your ran out of time or was it too powerfull?

ShadowGPW
Dec 20, 2001, 07:46 AM
Just returned.. Saturday the report and Interview will be up

ShadowGPW
Dec 20, 2001, 07:46 AM
Just returned.. Saturday the report and Interview will be up

VeggieMan
Dec 20, 2001, 07:49 AM
Yay! Shadow.. Did you have a l33t time over there?

FQuist
Dec 21, 2001, 03:54 AM
He had a l33t time. :)

ShadowGPW
Dec 21, 2001, 04:25 AM
Thats for sure :)

Krezack
Dec 21, 2001, 06:40 AM
Oh oh oh please hurry up. :lol: I can't wait to see it.

VeggieMan
Dec 21, 2001, 08:37 AM
I'm guessing from the message you sent me via ICQ that, Arjan says Cliffy is l33t? I don't want to believe it.. What will Jeff K think? Well, Jeff K will probably think that Cliffy B still isn't l33t.

Krezack
Jan 1, 2002, 09:54 PM
*bump* We wanna know what happened!

ShadowGPW
Jan 2, 2002, 02:42 AM
technical LapTop problems.. interview will come later.

EvilMike
Jan 2, 2002, 11:57 AM
Did you get his DNA?

Newspaz
Jan 2, 2002, 01:59 PM
That way we could clone him and let him rewrite the whole thing ;)

Krezack
Jan 2, 2002, 05:12 PM
Hehe actually if we were to clone him he wouldn't have any of his past memories or knowledge.

defalcon
Jan 2, 2002, 09:03 PM
Heheh. Kewl. Can't wait to see how sad he thinks we all are-er...I didn't say that...;)

Wazz Wackrabbit
Jan 3, 2002, 10:04 AM
Yay, *boots up countdown Patiency countdown*
10 days...

Too bad Shadow hadn't the Memory Imager and
Bloodtaker I bulit.. We'd be able to clone an Arjan with
his all memory he had before like in The 6th Day film..
I have identic machines, and some empty bodies ready
to be equipped with Arjan's DNA and mind. Warning, I only
have rabbit bodies.. so he won't talk live to anyone... only
to chosen ones like me.. *evil grin*

I have my compact Genetic Cloning Machine by here...
Ok.. stop dat brag.

Rage
Jan 4, 2002, 02:28 AM
Why do I claim the second page?

VeggieMan
Jan 4, 2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Rage
Why do I claim the second page?

Because of Magic

Rage
Jan 5, 2002, 10:59 PM
Maybe because of evilness/insanity....

Anyway post that interview!NOW!!!

Spaz Boy
Jan 6, 2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Monolith
My question:

Is it possible for us to see a copy of the Game Design or Technical Design documents (if any) that were used for Jazz Jackrabbit or Jazz Jackrabbit 2?
I'd be interested to look into those.

I'd be interested in that too. :)

Originally posted by Spaztic
2.) Why so sick of Jazz? Do you cringe at the thought of a green bunny with a red bandana killing turtles? Do pictures of red bunnies torchure you in your dreams?

6.) Did you print out the source code, put it on a stick, spit on it, light it on fire, and run around the office screaming gibberish?

10.) What kind of pop do your drink to stay up late and code? Or is that just me who drinks caffeinated beverages into a new day on the computer?

Lol Spaztic you're my hero! :p

And Shad, you're just hogging the interview to yourself. :lol:

Technical laptop diffuclties...wait a second..no, not the ban button! :P

~SB