PDA

View Full Version : A connection between JJ1 and JJ2?

quo-avek
Dec 17, 2001, 04:37 PM
Ok, I'm sure all of you are skeptical as I probably would have been. Hear me out first.

While doing my Geometry propositions today, I was listening Mods from jj2, and I wondered what there was in the JJ1 folder. I was suprised to find that I was able to open the songs, and added them to my playlist. Later, I heard this awesome song I'd never heard before, It sounded like a bonus level remix of the JJ1 theme song. I Checked the file, and it was from the jj1 folder.

My first thought was: Why wasn't this awesome file included in the JJ1 soundtrack.

Before we go any farther, I'll let you hear the file. I've converted it to .it and you can download it in the Downloads section at Jazz 2 online:
http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads/moreinfo.php?levelid=942

Or, you can look in your JJ1 folder for a file called: Secret.psm

Anyhow. The tiltle was what I found most interesting. The song title is "Jazz II". Is there some new link between JJ1 and 2? Did the planning for JJ2 begin before JJ1 was finished? It's filename is: Secret.psm. Is there some secret JJ2-related bonus game in JJ1 (or 2) that has direct relation with the other?

These questions I leave to you. May the Jazz Community conqueor this riddle, and Enjoy another awseome MOD.

BTW. If anyone noticed this before me, and were thinking about posting it, please let me know, you deserve the creddit. =)

~Quo

----------------------
Quo-AvekLJ,
Leader of the LJ clan and Level team.
Lover of JJ1, 2, HH, TSF etc. =)

Moo-Squack

Kaz
Dec 17, 2001, 04:47 PM
I deserve the creditz! =P

Actually I have no clue what they intended that to be for... maybe they were asking for it by making a secret.psm and to my knowledge it's not used in any levels so you would have to have an audio player to play it and it would say Jazz II and that would hint a sequel but that's just me and this whole paragraph is one sentence so I think I should end it right... now.

Violet CLM
Dec 17, 2001, 04:50 PM
Yes, this is used in JJ1. Not sure where, but probably in a secret level. The Deserto one, I should say.

ElectroPiZZa
Dec 17, 2001, 06:19 PM
As much as this well-known statement may come as a complete surprise to the previous controversial situation and argument, it is USED. It is used for the secret levels where you play as other enemies/animals.

Jessie NP
Dec 18, 2001, 06:24 AM
I think that one might have been in that Birdland place mentioned in the manual and help file. What is Birdland anyway?

quo-avek
Dec 18, 2001, 08:53 AM
ElectroPizza,

Have you recently played the jj1 bonus levels (where you change into an animal). I thought those used the tileset theme (I.e. the one where your a bird, isn't that int diamondus music?)

I'm probably wrong.

Oh well, at least we have another cool music file =)

Haze
Dec 18, 2001, 02:29 PM
Yes, it is used and yes, they planned JJ2 well before JJ1 was "done". :)
Source? See the various interviews for the info.

quo-avek
Dec 18, 2001, 04:28 PM
Cool.

What level is it on, or how can you access the level (or bonus level) that has it?

~Quo

whitelder
Mar 31, 2005, 01:50 AM
when i click on the *.psm file it brings up a change file to box what do i do from there to enable me to hear the music and I dont have the Secret.psm in any of the full game files on my JJ1 is that weird?

JelZe GoldRabbit
Mar 31, 2005, 02:45 AM
when i click on the *.psm file it brings up a change file to box what do i do from there to enable me to hear the music and I dont have the Secret.psm in any of the full game files on my JJ1 is that weird?

O for goodness sake... reviving a 3-year old topic isn't the smartest thing to do, but... :roll:

The thing is, *.psm files are not supported anymore. ModPlug Player can play .psm files, but they sound buggy (wrong samples and off-tempo are the two most common bugs). Fortunately, all songs from JJ1 including that secret Deserto music have been converted to .s3m, a more supported format. Ask Monolith if you want them :)

And you not having secret.psm shouldn't be too surprising, it came only with the CD version of JJ1 which featured 3 new episodes next to the standard 6, and sometimes HH94.

- JelZe GoldRabbit =:3

MegaJazz
Mar 31, 2005, 04:43 AM
O for goodness sake... reviving a 3-year old topic isn't the smartest thing to do, but... :roll:

The thing is, *.psm files are not supported anymore. ModPlug Player can play .psm files, but they sound buggy (wrong samples and off-tempo are the two most common bugs). Fortunately, all songs from JJ1 including that secret Deserto music have been converted to .s3m, a more supported format. Ask Monolith if you want them :)

And you not having secret.psm shouldn't be too surprising, it came only with the CD version of JJ1 which featured 3 new episodes next to the standard 6, and sometimes HH94.

- JelZe GoldRabbit =:3Well, if i open the .psm files with Modplug i hear them like i play a .it or .mod! And this song was from the Deserto secret level where Jazz is a Lizard. It looks like many ones didn't find that level, i found it after around 3 years of playing the game, just with luck. :rolleyes:

Iam Canadian
Mar 31, 2005, 12:09 PM
The first thought that came to my head when I saw someone revived a 2001 topic was that Odin had been unbanned.

Tubz
Mar 31, 2005, 12:15 PM
The best music pack ever is right here, and it includes every JJ1 song ever, including this one:
http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=3406
http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=3407

KRSplat
Apr 2, 2005, 06:46 PM
Too bad we don't get to read quo-avek's stories anymore. They were great.

I guess that's off-topic, though. But there's really nothing to talk about.

MegaJazz
Apr 2, 2005, 11:17 PM
The best music pack ever is right here, and it includes every JJ1 song ever, including this one:
http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=3406
http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=3407A pack like this was allready on Jazz2City a long time ago i thougt, and they are just all conversed to s3m. But it would be handy if everybody was using these files, then you hear music in every level using a Jazz1 music, then you don't need to include it with the zip.

KRSplat
Apr 3, 2005, 08:05 AM
I thought the JJ1 music pack was on Lori Central.

DarkJazz23
Apr 20, 2005, 11:52 PM
Cool you found that out!

PhAyzoN
Apr 21, 2005, 12:33 PM
Well duh. yeah. Both have the same game name sept jj2 has a 2 at the end, and the main character is Jazz. :P

About the song thing, im to lazy to look into it.