PDA

View Full Version : Sword and Swordplay: Part 2

Ax Man
Apr 7, 2001, 07:58 AM
does anyone actually want me to continue this story? This one delves more into the Great Shadow and that quest. If anyone wants me to write this, post here.

Ax Man
Apr 12, 2001, 04:12 PM
Chapter 1: Enter the Shadow

Slowly the servant approached his master. He trembled as he entered his master’s chambers. He looked around. It was simply elegant. Torches in diamond-studded holsters lined the walls. To every direction there were riches beyond the wildest imagination. In the front of the vast chamber there lay a throne carved from pure gold. On the throne lay fear itself: The Shadow. Just looking at the Shadow had made the man want to run away in pure terror.

“Have you retrieved my artifact yet Tman? You know what happens if you fail me!” the shadow growled. “Yes my master! I know the consequences but I cannot find any of the 12 circlets. But give me one more chance my master, please!” Tman begged. The Shadow then began to take a human like form. His blackness then began to fade into the soft skin of a beautiful woman. Tman backed away in horror it was his worst fear. His wife had died many years ago in childbirth. “How did you know?” Tman gasped. “I know everything, now go to Ax Man’s house in the western lands and kill him for me for he will become one of my future adversaries. “Yes my master you are ever so merciful” Tman bowed his head and left the chamber.

It had come that by the next summer a new army led by a servant of the shadow had captured most of the western land. Ax Man who had moved from his land of Aqruin and settled in the western lands. He had also married and bore a son by the name of Sephlio.

When Ax Man heard of the events in his land he took leave to the army. He knew that he would be going to face to with evil. Within several days his army arrived at the Shadow’s army.

Ax Man took a look at the leader. He was clad all in black with a dust mask over his mouth. But Ax Man knew him at once it was Tman. Ax Man took one deep gasp and drew his sword. He twirled his sword sideways and then pointed forward “To battle! Ride! Spare no-one!” With that Ax Man ran into the battlefield slicing down enemies as they came at him. At last he came to the center of the battle there he saw Tman.

Ax Man ran at Tman with all his might. This caught Tman off guard but Tman still caught Ax Man’s blow with the tail end of his sword. Ax Man pushed down to try to out weigh Tman. Finally when Ax Man had pressed enough weight he slashed at Tman. Tman ducked Ax Man’s blow and took a cowards blow at his leg. Tman took another shot at Ax Man’s leg. Ax Man jumped and hit Tman in the hand knocking it right off. Tman cried out in pain. The moment Ax Man saw this all fight was gone from his body. “How could you do this Tman?” Ax Man cried. Ax Man placed his hand on Tman’s shoulder. But Tman was not done he hit Ax Man in the neck with the end of his sword “For you my lord” Tman whispered.

Ax Man awoke in what appeared to be a makeshift medical tent. He felt his face it was wet with tears. But they were not his. Ax Man looked to his left to notice his friends from Aqruin and his wife. He noticed the wetness on his wife’s eyes. He suddenly realized that he could not die just yet.