PDA

View Full Version : BCE, the new game type or maybe?

Cpp
Dec 20, 2001, 11:33 AM
After experimenting with levels and SCE's I came up with this new game type. The BCE - Bring a Crystal to the End. The game is actually treasure hunt (1 gem to win) and the piont is to get a gem at the starting point and bring it to the other side of the level. You must pass all kinds of platforms areas filled with springs and SCE's - the guns that shoot at you to blow your gem away. If you fall down you are sent to the starting point and you have to do it all again. If you however lose the gem during thr journey you must either jump down and start all over again or wait for another player to come in and steal the gem. I already hosted this new game type once on TSF and people seems liked it.
What do you say?

-=bOOt=-
Dec 20, 2001, 12:41 PM
Sounds Cool! Oops this is Txl Kill

Violet CLM
Dec 20, 2001, 06:47 PM
Yay. Sounds fun. Like that game where you carry an egg on a spoon. :p

Lama
Dec 20, 2001, 09:57 PM
The idea looks good.

Chiyu
Dec 20, 2001, 10:10 PM
Nice!!! Really original!

Violet CLM
Dec 20, 2001, 10:53 PM
Hold on a moment, I think I spotted a problem.

If you lose your gem, you say, you can go back and start over again. Presumably, this means you get another gem. But if you fall in normally enough times, you keep getting gems, eventually protecting you from SCEs for a while.

Cpp
Dec 21, 2001, 09:36 AM
You get one gem each time you pass th starting line (through a tube or something) and if you want to get back to the start while out of gems on the journey you can simply jump off the platform and be warped back to the start. Gems fall through the warps BTW ;) I hosted a similar level on TSF but I used a tube instead of warps so each time you fall down you pick up all the gems that are down there.

Link
Dec 21, 2001, 12:34 PM
But...what Unknown Rabbit was saying was that you could just fall on purpose (without getting hit by a gun), and get another gem at the beginning. Then keep doing that over and over again, and you will have lots and lots of gems.

Cpp
Dec 21, 2001, 12:48 PM
So what! Even if you do this several times you WILL get hit by a seeker and lose it all :P So it would be just boring to do that over and over again. Anyway I can put a laser or something to blow all your gems away before you get a new one.

Kaz
Dec 21, 2001, 03:33 PM
Wasn't this something offa test? Ahwell, it's original enough.