PDA

View Full Version : And The Nominees Are...

Electric Ir
Dec 21, 2001, 01:06 AM
Last year Newspaz and I gave some awards away with the name Golden Award. This year those people are nominated:

Levels
a. Overlord/Rabbit Honour Guard
b. Blade/Blades Battle Pack
c. ShadowGpW/Future Evolution Beta 2 v0.95
d. Laguna/Fantasy World
e. Newspaz/Treetop Hip Hop

Programs
a. ET/ Jazz Skiing Program
b. Overlord/Project Cataclysm
c. Link / ChatlogJJ2
d. Spazzyman / Jazz Commander

Tilesets
a. Disguise
b. Agama
c. >CelL<
d. Blade

-----------
Who Will Win?
Mail to goldenaward@ceesheijdel.nl and tell the category with the person you want to win. Or: Just POST!

~SPLASH~
Dec 21, 2001, 02:45 AM
Agama WILL win in the Tileset nomination. Dunno about the rest...

$tilettø
Dec 21, 2001, 02:50 AM
Programs:OVerlord Ofcaurse!

Edit: ET`s program Ofcaurse

and Tileset: Disguise

ShadowGPW
Dec 21, 2001, 03:13 AM
Levels:
List is way to short no vote

Programs:
Chat Log

Tilesets:
Disguise - Nice looking and no problems with using the set!

Electric Ir
Dec 21, 2001, 04:41 AM
Oh, yes. Forgot to add more nominees at Levels.. Will do that!!

~SPLASH~
Dec 21, 2001, 04:52 AM
Disguise. Disuguise...Agama!
Just because it is hard to work with doesn't mean you need to choose Disguise. lazy bums! ;)

$tilettø
Dec 21, 2001, 04:53 AM
Disguise is just better

IMO

edit:but i saw only 1 tileset of AGAMA and alot of Dis

~SPLASH~
Dec 21, 2001, 04:55 AM
I do have to say: Disguise is a master. But Agama is the only one who can create (and surpass) the quality and the jazz-feel of the original tilesets. Try to ignore this, you can't.

White Rabbit
Dec 21, 2001, 05:13 AM
Go ET!! His program r00lz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Btw, how comes ET isn't on the tileset list? He makes awesome tilesets. (Too)

Unhit
Dec 21, 2001, 05:19 AM
AGAMA in tiles!!!!

Electric Ir
Dec 21, 2001, 05:26 AM
Well, he didn't make it to this list because there weren't much tilesets released in 2001 by ET.

Gargoyle
Dec 21, 2001, 06:04 AM
-Levels-
b. Blade/Blades Battle Pack

-Programs-
a. ET/ Jazz Skiing Program

-Tilesets-
b. Agama

I wanted to put both Blade & Agama, cus you cant really compare them since they each have a completely different tileset style, but on official style Tilesets i'd say Agama.

Krezack
Dec 21, 2001, 06:44 AM
Levels:
Shadow

Programmes:
Overlord

Tilesets:
Disguise

FireSworD
Dec 21, 2001, 07:39 AM
AGAMA WILL WIN!!!

Buster
Dec 21, 2001, 07:51 AM
Disguise makes good sets, but I have to say Agama should win.

~Buster

Cpp
Dec 21, 2001, 09:29 AM
Hey! Why don't you create a poll here?
It'd be easier to vote!

CelL
Dec 21, 2001, 09:47 AM
I got nominated for someting? Weird.. The only tilesets i'm good at are conversions.. You should nominate me for a JJ1 conversions category, then we'll see who's gonna win....>]
I think i'm beter at levels(Structured CTF*hint*hint*) then at REAL tilesets anyway..

Aiko
Dec 21, 2001, 11:02 AM
1.) b. Blade's Battlepack.
2.) c. ChatLogJJ2 (sigh, if there was a TSF version)
3.) b. Agama

Disguise
Dec 21, 2001, 01:14 PM
Levels, Shad by far! U seen future evolution yet?!?!

Tilesets: Agama, stop snickering about easy to use and all that junk, his tilesets look amazing and nothing can beat that.

Txl Kill
Dec 21, 2001, 02:24 PM
Mph none of my projects got nominated ? Fooie!

Kaz
Dec 21, 2001, 03:31 PM
Skiing program?! Let me see!

btw,

Levels: Shadow becuase Idon't kare.
Programmes: Chatlog becuase it's the only one I know.
Tilesets: Agama becuase even though he only has one tileset I've seen it ruled past every aspect.

Violet CLM
Dec 21, 2001, 06:12 PM
Overlord.

ET.

Disguise.

Enigma
Dec 22, 2001, 02:17 AM
Tilesets: AGAMA!!!
(which isn't to say that one shouldn't download Disguise's sets too, but Agama's tilesets just have that little extra, it's hard to describe)

Electric Ir
Dec 22, 2001, 04:27 AM
For everyone: Thanks for voting! For the rest who didn't vote yet, you can still vote until December 31, 2001.

Small update December 23: There will be a Golden Award website (like last year) again.

Electric Ir
Dec 27, 2001, 05:51 AM
OK, its now the 27th and the voting is almost over, here the latest statistics.

NOTE: IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE SOMETHING TO THIS, VOTE NOW!!!!

Note: The graphs were removed due lack of acuracy. For the latest statistics scroll down.

Black Energy
Dec 27, 2001, 06:50 AM
There are some nominated people missing, if you ask me. I personally am a big fan of Coolman's, URjazzCC's (the not stolen ones) and Craccoboy's levels and tilesets. Their styles of making levels are so different from all the people in this list, but I really love their works (Almost all the levels from these persons rock, if you like their style). And I'm not the only one who likes their way of making levels and tilesets either.

I cant vote for tilesets or levelmakers, since I dont like these that much. As for progamming, I vote for link, megawarp is a fine progam.

~SPLASH~
Dec 27, 2001, 08:37 AM
No. I am not a fan of CraccoBoy at all, but I do think (if it was made this year of course) his level called "Cracco Land of Coins" should be nominatable at levels. I thought it was really funny and original (although the tileset lacks bigtime, but let's not look at that) at that time.

Electric Ir
Dec 27, 2001, 09:29 AM
No. The names are NOT missing. I chose the BEST levels, tilesets and programs of the year. And those that you called are absolutely NOT ones that really made sence. However, you cannot vote at someone else, the nominees are the nominees.

P.S. No Offense to these people, its just that you aren't having the quality (if you ask me) as the nominees.

Electric Ir
Dec 27, 2001, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Black Energy
There are some nominated people missing, if you ask me. I personally am a big fan of Coolman's, URjazzCC's (the not stolen ones) and Craccoboy's levels and tilesets. Their styles of making levels are so different from all the people in this list, but I really love their works (Almost all the levels from these persons rock, if you like their style). And I'm not the only one who likes their way of making levels and tilesets either.

I cant vote for tilesets or levelmakers, since I dont like these that much. As for progamming, I vote for link, megawarp is a fine progam.

And by the way, its not MEGAWARP but CHATLOG, so this vote doesn't count.

Chiyu
Dec 27, 2001, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Black Energy

Thanks, Bolt.

Originally posted by ~SPLASH~
No. I am not a fan of CraccoBoy at all, but I do think (if it was made this year of course) his level called "Cracco Land of Coins" should be nominatable at levels. I thought it was really funny and original (although the tileset lacks bigtime, but let's not look at that) at that time.

Well Cracco Land of Coins wasn't really made at one year Splash. As you probably know it was updated several times. I believe I started working on the level in the begin of 2000, but the final fixed version (with the 32 coins) was done somewhere in 2001.

Disguise
Dec 27, 2001, 04:54 PM
HAHAAHAHAHA!!! I KNEW I WOULDN'T WIN!!! YES!!! GO AGAMA!!!!
Agama rocks, so nya! :P

Electric Ir
Dec 28, 2001, 02:30 AM
You really hate your own style, dontcha? Really, your tilesets are good too.. :P

~SPLASH~
Dec 28, 2001, 02:47 AM
Btw, is there a chance I will win the prize for being the most grandpaiest?

Electric Ir
Dec 28, 2001, 03:51 AM
Sorry, that category doesn't exist (yet) :)
)

Chiyu
Dec 28, 2001, 11:19 AM
Can I still vote? If so, I vote for Link with 'progams'. Chatlog is nice.

Link
Dec 28, 2001, 11:51 AM
Levels: Overlord
Programs: ME!!!!!! :D
Tilesets: Disguise

Cpp
Dec 28, 2001, 11:57 AM
Hehe I'm gonna loooooose....... :p

Electric Ir
Dec 28, 2001, 12:59 PM
Sorry link, you can't vote on yourself :D

-----

Current Statistics

Levels
Overlord: 3
Shadow: 3
Blade: 2
Laguna, Newspaz: 0

Programs
Link: 4
ET: 4
Overlord: 2
Spazzyman: 0

Tilesets
Agama: 9
Disguise: 5
>CelL<, Blade : 0

------
NOTE: WE HAVE A TIE NOW.

FoD
Dec 28, 2001, 02:21 PM
Newspaz! Link! Disguise!

FireSworD
Dec 28, 2001, 04:12 PM
Newspaz! Overlord! Agama!

FireSworD
Dec 28, 2001, 04:14 PM
I claim the second page!!! unless someone wants to duel me and the winner can claim the page :P

defalcon
Dec 28, 2001, 05:05 PM
Shadow! ET! Agama!

Electric Ir
Dec 29, 2001, 02:37 AM
Levels
Overlord: 2
Shadow: 4
Laguna: 0
Newspaz: 2
Blade: 3

Programs
ET: 5
Link: 5

Tilesets
Agama: 12
>CelL<: 0
Blade: 0

FQuist
Dec 29, 2001, 07:11 AM
Blade, Link, Agama.

Imho the nominee list is somewhat limited. You say these are the only good levels.. yeah right. :P

Electric Ir
Dec 29, 2001, 11:14 AM
No, no.. Misunderstood. It are NOT the only good levels, but the ones that made sence. Maybe some are left out that should be there, but well, i'm sorry for that.

Rýû Å$
Dec 29, 2001, 06:06 PM
I vote for Shadows Future Evolution:cool:

Electric Ir
Dec 31, 2001, 03:48 AM
OK. Its over! I have counted all votes.. The following people won:

[GpW]ShadoW: Future Evolution
ET: Jazz Skiing Program
Agama - Best Tilesets of the Year

Congratulations!

ShadowGPW
Dec 31, 2001, 07:23 AM
Wh33 thanks guys.. :)

Ice M A N
Dec 31, 2001, 08:03 AM
Conspiracy time.
-How did Overlord go from 3 votes on the last total on page 1 to 2 votes on page 2?
-Still double-voted for programs:

"Programs:OVerlord Ofcaurse!

Edit: ET`s program Ofcaurse "
-Even with Stil's doublevote, I think Link had more votes for programs.

Electric Ir
Dec 31, 2001, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Ice M A N
Conspiracy time.
-How did Overlord go from 3 votes on the last total on page 1 to 2 votes on page 2?
-Still double-voted for programs:

"Programs:OVerlord Ofcaurse!

Edit: ET`s program Ofcaurse "
-Even with Stil's doublevote, I think Link had more votes for programs.

Oh, yes.. I know, some people voted twice, so I changed it. ET is the fair winner, Overlord has 3 instead of 2 votes but that doesn't matter since he didn't win in the end.

Ice M A N
Dec 31, 2001, 10:17 AM
Alrighty.. could you post the final totals anyway? It seems kinda odd to have the totals throughout the voting, and then not having them at the end. :P

Electric Ir
Dec 31, 2001, 12:41 PM
Well.. You know; at a normal award thing you only see the winning person/event.. But well, ok..

LVL
Blade, Newspaz: 2
Shadow: 5
Laguna: 0

PROG
ET: 5
Link: 4

SET
Agama: 11
>CelL<, Blade: 0

Electric Ir
Dec 31, 2001, 12:54 PM
http://moron.nl/golden/shadow.jpg http://moron.nl/golden/et.jpg http://moron.nl/golden/agama.jpg

This are the awards! Congratulations.
All awards are sent to the winners.
Happy New Year!

// Electric Ir //
P.S. I know they're not equally big, but I couldn't do it, because they would have been uglier and stretched..

defalcon
Jan 1, 2002, 12:52 AM
All the people I went for won. Kewl.

ET'
Jan 1, 2002, 01:12 AM
:O Wow, I can't believe I won the Golden Award for programs. I think there should be another category, fan games ;) since that's what Jazz Ski Rabbit is. I was expecting Links chatlog program to win, because its useful when you're playing on a server with lots of lag, and u don't have time to read all the texts that suddenly appear in a bundle on the screen. Anyway, I would like to thank Rage, Roozy (doesn't play on the net), Newspaz and Electric IR, and everyone who voted for me :D, er, is this speech long enough yet? Oh well, I hope this will do :)

Stijn
Jan 1, 2002, 03:06 AM
Hakuna Matata.

~SPLASH~
Jan 1, 2002, 08:19 AM
Cow Pie.