PDA

View Full Version : Where is a jazz2city?

TBM_old
Dec 22, 2001, 07:36 AM
It is gone. Where is it?

:confused: :confused: :confused: It is gone :confused: :confused: :confused:

Enigma
Dec 22, 2001, 07:42 AM
Yup. Jazz2City has been dead for a long time now (well, not that long, but long enough). Jazz2Online can be considered the best replacement for it.

TBM_old
Dec 22, 2001, 07:53 AM
I need other levels.

ShadowGPW
Dec 22, 2001, 08:15 AM
Uh? Like what.. this DB has a lot of them..

FireSworD
Dec 22, 2001, 08:30 AM
Yeah, it's been gone since early 2000 and so is Jazz2 Stuff and Jazz2 Universe.

Aiko
Dec 22, 2001, 08:45 AM
Yes, correct. And let me say it straight, noone here knows why those crazy american people closed and deleted all their top J2 sites forever. I didn't even notice when J2S went down the drain. Not to mention UJ or the very (stupid and) mysterious end of Jazz 2 City (which was one of the best sites ever). A fortunate exception is Jeh's Jazz 2 Warehouse, that is still available on the net. Let's all wish Fquist and his team the best to keep Jazz2Online running for a long, very long time. To provide a home for all us Jazz Jackrabbit fans.
Hey, it's christmas. This had to be said :-)

TBM_old
Dec 22, 2001, 09:17 AM
what is http://?

~SPLASH~
Dec 22, 2001, 10:13 AM
www.jazz2online.com
:)

Txl Kill
Dec 22, 2001, 02:45 PM
Umm crazy american people? J2S and J2CITY was run by the same person so he shut them both down!

Newspaz
Dec 22, 2001, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Txl Kill
Umm crazy american people? J2S and J2CITY was run by the same person so he shut them both down!

J2C was ran by Dethman, Steven just was the guy who spend most of his time in it.
J2S was ran by Steven

Txl Kill
Dec 22, 2001, 04:21 PM
oh whatever

Jessie NP
Dec 22, 2001, 05:03 PM
I run the new one.

(PU)

Soon: www.jazz2city.com

or

www. jazz2city.net

Derby: Protested URL edit.

Krezack
Dec 22, 2001, 06:37 PM
In fact would you've doine it illegal.

Michael
Dec 23, 2001, 05:58 AM
Jessie that site sucks. No links work. And change the name.
Bjarni, J2C=dead ages ago, where you been? reading paper on toilet for a year?! :confused:
www.jazz2online.com has lots of levels so you can go there.

Haze
Dec 23, 2001, 09:27 AM
Woah, Nitro! Calm down! ;)

Kaz
Dec 23, 2001, 09:44 AM
Calm down indeed! We're not allowed to use the word toilet here!

Wakeman
Dec 23, 2001, 11:59 PM
Don't worry, you'll have archives of J2S and J2C soon enough. Yes, you can curse me to the ground if you'd like for quitting those two sites. I'm used to it. :) Just for the records, Jazz 2 City went up January 1, 1998 and officially ended in January 2000. Jazz 2 Stuff went up April 24, 1998 and just ended last fall. I really don't regret quitting those sites anymore because I know I had good reasons for both and besides, J2O is ten times what either of those sites ever was. :) I admit that I've never been too impressed with the news section here, but it would probably help if there was actually some news to post. :)

Man, do you guys always talk about me this much? Out of the last few threads I've visited, I've seen my name in all of them. Really, I'm flattered. :P

-Steven

Krezack
Dec 24, 2001, 12:07 AM
Yea well we only just relised you've been invisably browsing J2O :) Oh and i forgot to mention Wakeman. :D

Wakeman
Dec 24, 2001, 12:09 AM
Actually, I often visited J2O in the past, but this is the first time I've been to the message board.

-Steven

ShadowGPW
Dec 24, 2001, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Jessie NP
I run the new one.

(PU)

Soon: www.jazz2city.com

or

www. jazz2city.net

Jazz2town / jazz2bigapple / jazz2wotever are some options

Derby: Preceeding quotation edit.

$tilettø
Dec 24, 2001, 03:37 AM
what a sucky site OMG

a waste of Geos webspace

Violet CLM
Dec 24, 2001, 01:32 PM
Let me put it this way, Wakeman.

I will not bug you about J2S/J2C/other related topics (very much) if you post the results for the last poll!

Executor
Dec 24, 2001, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Aiko
Yes, correct. And let me say it straight, noone here knows why those crazy american people closed and deleted all their top J2 sites forever. I didn't even notice when J2S went down the drain. Not to mention UJ or the very (stupid and) mysterious end of Jazz 2 City (which was one of the best sites ever). A fortunate exception is Jeh's Jazz 2 Warehouse, that is still available on the net. Let's all wish Fquist and his team the best to keep Jazz2Online running for a long, very long time. To provide a home for all us Jazz Jackrabbit fans.
Hey, it's christmas. This had to be said :-)

Americans are not crazy!

SteelTalon
Dec 24, 2001, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Wakeman
Man, do you guys always talk about me this much? Out of the last few threads I've visited, I've seen my name in all of them. Really, I'm flattered. :P

Yeah, you're a regular celebrity. ;P

Anyway, you say this is your first JCF experience? Hmm. I thought you've already been on here for a while. I guess someone will have to dust off the old welcome wagon. ;P

Jessie NP
Jan 4, 2002, 06:06 PM
on 2/7/02

My NEW Jazz 2 City and NEW Blue Boards will open!!!!

FQuist
Jan 5, 2002, 04:51 AM
Please, don't call those like that. They are not names thought up by you. Let those sites rest in peace.

KRSplat
Jan 5, 2002, 05:21 AM
Try, erm, <s>Jazz2BurialGrounds</s> um, try, Jazz2Land. There probably is none, anymore.

(Actually I've heard of one. It's dead I think. I was one of those people that wandered off to small sites instead of sticking to the main one. I AM A JOURNEYER :p)

And for your forum, try, um, A Jazz Forum. AJF. :)

Electric Ir
Jan 5, 2002, 05:56 AM
OK, lets make this clear:

Make a new name, there are tons. Jazz4You, JazzFansite, Jazz2Club.
The list of alive JJ2 website is almost nihil. Which means we are happy to have another one, but don't use old names.
That's it.

EvilHunter
Jan 5, 2002, 12:22 PM
Call it Jazz2Village :lol: or so.....

defalcon
Jan 5, 2002, 04:52 PM
Jessie, don't rip off names that weren''t hought up by you, especially as your site is completely different from the old J2C and so on. Also, don't use people's artwork without permission.

Electric Ir
Jan 6, 2002, 02:12 AM
And hey.. YOUR DRAWN LORI PIC? Talking about abusing pictures..

Newspaz
Jan 6, 2002, 10:55 AM
http://wakeman.d2g.com/j2s/

Wakeman
Jan 6, 2002, 12:57 PM
Hm, that link was a little too obvious. Well, since you posted it, I'm taking it down, as it's not finished yet.

-Steven

defalcon
Jan 6, 2002, 04:27 PM
Wakeman, did you get my ICQ message?
For some reason, I was able to visit the J2S but then I couldn't even access the page with the unactivatable link to it.

OMG, your drawing of Lori? Jessie, it's bad enough to take peoples pics without permission, but when you pass it off as your own, well, there's gonna be a bandwagon full of angry peoploe tearing at your door.

And Jazz Trek? Excuse me, they will be up, but not on that site. I have just one thing to say: Jazz 2 Stuff and Jazz 2 City archives. All the stuff will be put back up. Happy?

Wakeman
Jan 6, 2002, 11:09 PM
You mean, you can't access wakeman.d2g.com?

I received your messages. Sometimes it takes awhile because I never actually go on ICQ to chat anymore and sometimes I forget to check my offline messages. At any rate, your photo won't be in the archives, as you requested.

I think Cazz was just going to post the JazzTrek stories which he has written. If I remember correctly, he may have been working on a serires of stories which he never got to finish before J2S went down. When he confronted me about using the name Jazz 2 City, I also recommended that he choose another name and I asked him to contact DethMan about it, but I'm not too possesive of the name. He can do what he likes. It's obvious that using the name will never work to his advantage, though.

-Steven

Wild Angel
Jan 7, 2002, 12:52 AM
Hmm... question, was Jazz 2 Central ever a jj2 site? It's mine, I did all of my own stuff *artwork in bryce 5, and my banners and whatnot ^-^* and don't even think about stealing the ones in bryce 5, i have them protected by code and digimark( I think ). :P

Wakeman
Jan 7, 2002, 01:00 AM
Jazz Central used to be a major Jazz 2 site, yes. It was run by StevenT and the "competition" of Jazz 2 City at the time, being one of the better Jazz 2 news sites. It went down at about the same time as J2C. I wouldn't worry about your site being called Jazz 2 Central, though. StevenT hasn't even been around in ages. I'm not sure how long your site has been around, but I seem to remember another Jazz 2 Central from a long time ago.. StevenT used to complain about all of the Jazz 2-related sites which had "Central" in their name. :)

-Steven

Wild Angel
Jan 7, 2002, 01:03 AM
I KNEW that Jazz2Central ringed a bell, but I couldn't remember where I heard of it. Oh well, anyways, www.jazz2central.com is mine, got it May of last year for my birthday. ^-^

Electric Ir
Jan 7, 2002, 01:29 AM
Hey Wild Angel! Nice website!! I really liked the original Jazz Central, but this one is nice too. ;) And hey, we don't mind the name Jazz 2 Central, because a Jazz 2 Central never existed before, so far as I know.
Keep up the good work on your website, Wild Angel.

I think Jessie should close her fake Jazz 2 City and start a new website without any J2C content or art originally drawn by Kaven.

(Woohoo, the 2nd page is mine ;))

Wild Angel
Jan 7, 2002, 01:42 AM
Thankies. ^-^

Tik
Jan 7, 2002, 11:46 PM
Nice site, Wild Angel. There was an old Jazz Central site, but since your's is called Jazz <b>2</b> Central, everything is a-okay.

Teehee, I still have a link to the old 'back up' site for Jazz Central that used to be updated when JC was down (which was more often than anyone like).

*walks off whining about how no one remembers The Rabbit Hole*

Wild Angel
Jan 8, 2002, 12:24 AM
I know about the font, but I don't exactly have very many choices. . . . .

Electric Ir
Jan 8, 2002, 03:38 AM
If so, www.fontflood.com may be a good resource for you. There are tons of fonts there.

TBM_old
Jan 8, 2002, 03:43 AM
They are few to custom it is unfinnsh. I check it in next week! ;)

Wild Angel
Jan 10, 2002, 09:37 PM
Yes, Electric, but if the person browsing the site does not have the font downloaded, it will appear to them as Times New Roman or Aerial. Otherwise if it showed up, I would make the whole page in the Matrix font.

ElectroPiZZa
Jan 10, 2002, 09:40 PM
No-no, I don't mean a custom font. I mean, something more 'standard' than Comic Sans MS. Like, Verdana, for instance. I'm a big fan of Verdana. WORSHIP VERDANA.

Electric Ir
Jan 11, 2002, 02:38 PM
Yeah, verdana is an excellent font for websites.
Oh, and yes. Your site is added at http://moron.nl/forward, the project forward website!

Wild Angel
Jan 11, 2002, 03:09 PM
I'll TRY to. Blah blah blah blah blah.....blah?

DrJones
Jan 12, 2002, 11:08 AM
Lori Central should be up somewhere this month, so you can get levels from there too.

Electric Ir
Jan 13, 2002, 03:23 AM
Good. If Lori Central gets up long and has much updates.. You'll probably be nominated for the Golden Award 2002 in December *hint* :)

DrJones
Jan 14, 2002, 09:30 AM
*chuckles* If the site makes 2003 that is...

||Slim
Jan 14, 2002, 10:35 AM
makes 2003? its not gonna be dat good? :p

Electric Ir
Jan 14, 2002, 12:58 PM
Hope it does, Doc. And hey, be positive ;)

DrJones
Jan 14, 2002, 01:09 PM
I am positive :) I'm just being realistic :)

Besides, the domain expires in two months, unless someone pays, as I'm not going to, LC will lose the domain name.

defalcon
Jan 14, 2002, 11:45 PM
Well, okay. We you could probably get loricentral.cjb.com or loricentral.8k.com or whatever. Or you could see if Fquist and Bobby and all will host it, then we'd have loricentral.jazz2online.com. :)