PDA

View Full Version : Problem with optical mouse (Non-Jazz Related)

defalcon
Dec 23, 2001, 04:47 PM
I have a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer, an optical mouse. It has recently begun to play up; the light which indicates power turning off, rendering the mouse useless. This happens for about 8 seconds each time, then the mouse will stop working until the compuiter is rebooted. There doesn't seem to be anything of help in the help files. This is getting really frustrating, and seeing as in the mouse is only a month old, could spomeone help?

Monolith
Dec 23, 2001, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by defalcon
I have a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer...

Well there's your problem.. ;P

Sorry, don't know. Try asking your question in an appropriate Usenet newsgroup. They're usually helpful.

Newspaz
Dec 24, 2001, 08:01 AM
We've had that problem. Go to the store you bought it, show your coupon and they should take it back (no matter how old it is) and get you a new one or fix it. We've had the problem two times, second time we just got our money back.

SteelTalon
Dec 24, 2001, 03:01 PM
Exactly, Monolith. I had one, and it turned to crap. I'm getting a Logitech pretty soon.

Link
Dec 24, 2001, 05:30 PM
Maybe the batteries are low?

Krezack
Dec 25, 2001, 01:22 AM
Ok a bit of clearence: intellmice suck ill never get over those mice with 2 wheels the didnt get dirty and they were great! anyway it happened to mine and mine was a logitech with a cord, theres no escape intellimice just suck :P