PDA

View Full Version : Jazz 2 Source

Matrix
Dec 28, 2001, 07:09 PM
Hi,

Earlier today i contacted Bill of Logicware (the mac creators of jazz) and requested the source. If i do get it (i havnt got a reply yet) i will try to mke new jazz level editor (i you want it) fix some bugs in the mac version and create some other useful utilities (eg. for creating cines, .j2a files :D )

NOW PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT BILL as most of you should aggree that if we want this done we should not harass him :)

Note: I will not release the source to any member of this board or anyone else in that matter. I will only release programs to do with jazz 2

I hope to here form him soon,
Matrix

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Syntax
Dec 28, 2001, 07:40 PM
Um, O K ...

Haze
Dec 29, 2001, 02:56 AM
>Hi,
Hi,

>Earlier today i contacted Bill of Logicware (the mac creators of jazz) and requested the source. If i do get it (i havnt got a reply yet) i will try to mke new jazz level editor (i you want it) fix some bugs in the mac version and create some other useful utilities (eg. for creating cines, .j2a files )

Level editor is fine. Bug fixes would be super (though I don't know what bugs plague the Mac version). However you may get in trouble with the other opted utilities because Epic (c)'d the file-formats >:(. (see some other thread on the forums for info).

>NOW PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT BILL as most of you should aggree that if we want this done we should not harass him

Why not? As long as it's NOT about the source codes you're free to contact him (e.g. about the serverlist or ordering JJ2 for Mac -> offer still stands: order now and GET A FREE JAZZ-BEANIE!!). He's a great guy though sometimes a bit slow to reply. ;)

>Note: I will not release the source to any member of this board or anyone else in that matter. I will only release programs to do with jazz 2

Aha, much the same way Bill would think about you. :)

>I hope to here form him soon,
>Matrix

Hope so, because mostly it takes quite a while.

Roaster
Dec 30, 2001, 12:47 PM
OMG Shut up. What a load of bull.

FQuist
Dec 30, 2001, 01:18 PM
Roaster, tshhhh.. be nice to people

Spaz Boy
Dec 30, 2001, 02:08 PM
Actually, chances are you won't get it. Obviously a MAC can't run a Windows based engine, but if the majority of the game was created using C++, then chances are it'll still be copyrighted to Orange Games (now Lost Boys). When I emailed them, the lady didn't even know it was going to be released. :P She said she'd contact Arjan, and that was about two monthes ago...and I've gotten LOADS of replies...

And I just emailed for the Windows Release Date....

~SB

SteelTalon
Dec 30, 2001, 02:19 PM
Good luck. ;P

ElectroPiZZa
Dec 31, 2001, 07:14 PM
Somehow, Roaster's post makes me laugh in some way, but what's even funnier is that those words were from a moderator.

Krezack
Dec 31, 2001, 09:27 PM
"Note: I will not release the source to any member of this board or anyone else in that matter. I will only release programs to do with jazz 2"

Now thas sounds like a selfish greedy B if ever i heard one. This board is basicly all thats left of the jazz 2 fan sites out there maybe hazes hideout is the other would you deny us the small chance of hope that lies in the jj2 source code?

Matrix
Jan 1, 2002, 03:10 AM
OK ill give in. Ill release the source but you guys must promise me that this is all keps hush hush:D

(Thats ofcourse if i get it:confused: )

Kaz
Jan 2, 2002, 10:54 PM
You'd better, you're not the best programmer and it'd be selfish to keep it to yourself =\

Tik
Feb 3, 2003, 09:04 AM
If by some miracle this isn't a pile of BS then you shouldn't release the source code to all. There should be a small team of people who already know how to make things in C++ properly, and only they and maybe a few others who are into programming. If you give it to every one chances are you'd end up with tons of incompatable versions and all sorts of cheats and etc.

Fawriel
Feb 3, 2003, 09:08 AM
You guys actually believe that guy'll get the sourcecode? o.0

Newspaz
Feb 3, 2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Spaztic
If by some miracle this isn't a pile of BS then you shouldn't release the source code to all. There should be a small team of people who already know how to make things in C++ properly, and only they and maybe a few others who are into programming. If you give it to every one chances are you'd end up with tons of incompatable versions and all sorts of cheats and etc.

Post reviver :P. I was glad we lost this one.. and now it's back :mad: